Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting change in language between Volcano Bay and The other parks.

General says:
3. Will I be required to wear a face covering?
Yes. We are following CDC guidelines as well as local health protocols.

Volcano Bay says:
8. At Volcano Bay, will I have to wear my face covering while on the slides?
Face coverings are recommended when guests cannot socially distance. They will not be permitted on slides and in pools.

Notice the choice in wording between "Required" for City and dry and "recommended" for Volcano Bay.
Zero chance I'm wearing a mask at Volcano Bay. If it was required, I wouldn't go.
Could you imagine sliding down a slide holding your mask, getting it soaking wet, then expecting me to put it back on when it's soaked? That's almost laughable.
They're just covering their butts with the "recommended" language.

General says:

Volcano Bay says:
Face coverings are recommended when guests cannot socially distance. They will not be permitted on slides and in pools.

Notice the choice in wording between "Required" for City and dry and "recommended" for Volcano Bay.
Zero chance I'm wearing a mask at Volcano Bay. If it was required, I wouldn't go.
Could you imagine sliding down a slide holding your mask, getting it soaking wet, then expecting me to put it back on when it's soaked? That's almost laughable.
VB won't have any trouble getting filled to their max allowed. More vacation like, almost normal, atmosphere than the parks.

Reactions: Lucky Planet

General says:

Volcano Bay says:

Gotta say, that's a big yikes. I would say that it's chlorinated water so it would be fine, but you know for a fact that someone is going to get into the pool and sneeze on someones face.

• Sad
Reactions: Lucky Planet
Disappointed about no reservations. If you are sticking to such a strict capacity limit, you're pretty much screwed if you aren't a local.

Reactions: Andysol
The new guidelines also say masks won't be required for rides with "significant amounts of water as part of the experience."
So Popeye Dudley and JP.
Popeye you're pretty dang far away from each other. And if they don't sit you right next to a stranger, you're good. Dudley can just send you on your own boat w/ your party.
JP gonna be the tricky one to load. Guessing just every other row and only your party in your row.

One Fish Two Fish doesn't really matter how they'd classify it since you're by yourself.

So Popeye Dudley and JP.
Popeye you're pretty dang far away from each other. And if they don't sit you right next to a stranger, you're good. Dudley can just send you on your own boat w/ your party.
JP gonna be the tricky one to load. Guessing just every other row and only your party in your row.

One Fish Two Fish doesn't really matter how they'd classify it since you're by yourself.
On Dudley, you can literally end up with some randos feet pretty much on your lap depending on the size of your group. Same with the water coaster at VB.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I'm assuming Universal was alerted to the CDC's new information on spreading the virus before they made their decision. Basically the CDC is saying people contract the virus through breathing as opposed to touching surfaces. That is awesome news for ride goers. As long as face masks are worn and social distancing rules are obeyed, we are good in regard to getting on rides. I must say this will definitely make me reconsider cancelling my reservations.

I'm assuming Universal was alerted to the CDC's new information on spreading the virus before they made their decision. Basically the CDC is saying people contract the virus through breathing as opposed to touching surfaces. That is awesome news for ride goers. As long as face masks are worn and social distancing rules are obeyed, we are good in regard to getting on rides. I must say this will definitely make me reconsider cancelling my reservations.

That means that restaurants are going to be hit particularly hard, though. Any place with AC blowing virus around where you have people not wearing a mask is a big risk.

Reactions: Andysol
I've been hearing hotel ops condensed to Hard Rock, Royal, and Cabana, with Sapphire on stand-by. This is from a newer source with a decent record, but still checking if anyone has heard similar.
Juicy. I almost booked Aventura but don’t like the dim rooms so went sapphire. I’ll gladly take an upgrade to royal or hard rock. Here’s hoping :cheers:

I’m hopeful it won’t just be cancelled outright (Disney doesn’t do this, unsure about Loews/Universal)

Status
Not open for further replies.