Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where to start? His math is bad. First, it’s 99.4% chance of survival, not 96%. And even those numbers are stupid because if you’re 20 and healthy , it’s way higher than 99.4 and if your 80 or obese or another high risk person, it’s way lower than 99.4%.
The “God made us this way” argument disregards those with an autoimmune disorder who are at high risk. If you believe in God, then you’d know that God also gave you a brain to use. Walking into traffic because “God has a time and a place when he’ll take me” is as idiotic as thinking God will protect you if you are high risk so go ahead and get it.

I understand his first two paragraphs, and as a small business owner seeing his livelihood destroyed, I can see why he would look for numbers that support his bias. But that fourth one... woof.

Ever heard of the Preacher in the Flood joke? :lol:

Dockside will be the last to open.

I believe the plan is the 3 deluxe first. Sapphire next. Cabana Bay>Aventura>Surfside>Dockside.

Profit margins, makes sense. I wonder if our Dockside reservations for mid-Sept will stand or if they move us somewhere.

The Facebook comments on the reopening post are glorious. If you don’t want to wear a mask, don’t go. Anyone stupid enough to go to a theme park and not properly protect yourself or others shouldn’t be there in the first place. Not looking for your opinion on this truth by the way.

tfw rhino is the voice of reason and sanity

No, he is just a huckster and stupid and angry at the world... attempting to create a different reality. The good new for him is that the people who are angry at Uni and Disney for requiring masks will find a new mask-free, hug-fest home at Fun Spot!

"Attempting to create a different reality" is a good way to put it. I don't see myself going to FunSpot for awhile.

Profit margins, makes sense. I wonder if our Dockside reservations for mid-Sept will stand or if they move us somewhere.

I tried RPR for mid June. They are happy to take my ressie at $400 a night no stay more save more or AP discounts available. Yep, gotta get some money going fast.

I tried RPR for mid June. They are happy to take my ressie at $400 a night no stay more save more or AP discounts available. Yep, gotta get some money going fast.

Does anyone here have any information on how Universal’s hotel bookings are holding up? I would think that they would have suffered heavy cancellations and that rebookings would be practically non-existent for the coming months.

Does anyone here have any information on how Universal’s hotel bookings are holding up? I would think that they would have suffered heavy cancellations and that rebookings would be practically non-existent for the coming months.

I know our reservations for HHN (late September and first week of October) were $300 per night at hard rock. We made them in mid May.

Seemed normal to me. $400 for royal pacific seems insane but I haven’t gone in the summer for quite some time. Is that “normal” for summer?

I know our reservations for HHN (late September and first week of October) were $300 per night at hard rock. We made them in mid May.

Seemed normal to me. $400 for royal pacific seems insane but I haven’t gone in the summer for quite some time. Is that “normal” for summer?
I paid $210 4 years ago for HHN. $400 is crazytown.

That's pretty close to regular summer/holiday/spring break prices.....though they normally have Stay more/Save More available. Usually, no AP discounts for those crowded times of year.

That's pretty close to regular summer/holiday/spring break prices.....though they normally have Stay more/Save More available. Usually, no AP discounts for those crowded times of year.

For the near term, they probably don't need to lower their prices. Hell, they could probably charge a premium to make sure that the guest count is lower and there's probably enough demand for it.

Has there been any indication that Express would be different with the changes made at USF and IOA?

Universal App recently updated with more Virtual Queue Capabilities. So far, Rockit, Minions, Mummy, Fallon, and Supercharged have it at USF, with Forbidden Journey and Hagrid having it at IOA.
Really curious how Universal will handle pre-shows for Hagrid, Supercharged, and Minions.

Really curious how Universal will handle pre-shows for Hagrid, Supercharged, and Minions.

I'd imagine they're non-existent for a while honestly. I was told by a friend a while back that at least one USF attraction is scrapping their pre-show for a while along with other certain elements. This was a few weeks ago, but I doubt things have changed since then and I'd be shocked if their venue was the only one doing such.

Hagrid could be the exception to the rule....but man I do not like Universal Pre Shows usually just a screen telling me information.
It's like no one has ever ride Haunted Mansion and seen how to make the Preshow just as good and rememberable as the ride itself.

Also hearing prices not dipping and no announced benefits yet, makes me confused do the parks think that people will just come paying normal prices for hotel/the parks? I know month one maybe but feels like a gamble still

Six Flags....SIX FLAGS is going to have a Reservation system

So this is kinda insane that Universal wont
Six Flags are local parks, 90% are locals and probably have passes. Universal's local percentage is significantly less, and the majority of out-of-towners probably won't be visiting for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.