Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Which is odd because you DO have to wear masks on airplanes and at Costo. As for churches, well, all you need to know is a large outbreak was traced to a church choir....

Ever heard of the Preacher in the Flood joke? :lol:
Actually the cases closed so far. the ratio is 82% recovered/dischared and 18% died. As for the recovered, there's no breakdown but there is a high risk of permanent organ damage which isn't counted. I think what people do is compare the death to total infected -- but that includes people who are still sick and recovering

Actually the cases closed so far. the ratio is 82% recovered/dischared and 18% died. As for the recovered, there's no breakdown but there is a high risk of permanent organ damage which isn't counted. I think what people do is compare the death to total infected -- but that includes people who are still sick and recovering

1. Cmon now - you know better about the double posting.

2. I don’t follow as how it relates to the preacher joke?

Six Flags are local parks, 90% are locals and probably have passes. Universal's local percentage is significantly less, and the majority of out-of-towners probably won't be visiting for a while.
Well I hope Parks in CA, have a system to reserve times/day. No one should waste their time/money going to a park to be turned away.

I just don't see a lot of out of town tourists lining up to get in the parks, with a mask requirement on the books. I'm kind of guessing a lot of the hotel guests will be Florida residents at first....and....it's not all that long ago Universal only had the three deluxe hotels....Heck, I remember my first stay at Portofino in 2011, the year after Potter opened. It was the first week in May and the hotel was 'dead'. Short of maybe the first day, I just don't see capacity issues and people being turned away.....and, if by chance a few hundred extra people, over capacity, showed up on a given day, I could see Universal fudging the numbers and let them in.

Reactions: lowbudget
Three Deluxe first makes sense, with no international travelers and the virus having a disproportionate effect on lower income brackets along with their proximity to the park.

What aggravates me the most about churches insisting on reopening is that it’s a format that is perfect to adapt to distancing. It’s not like I can watch a zoom of someone working out to stay in shape (not advocating for gyms opening, just saying), but a church could either pull their sound system outside and let people stay in their cars or broadcast it over YouTube live, which has the added benefit of creating an online database of previous sermons.

and.....so many of the older Catholic & Protestant churches have declining memberships, that they aren't even a fourth full on Sundays. They should be easy to distance. The Mega Churches are another story though. ...Probably the biggest issue in the churches, weddings, and funerals is that people attending those have a natural inclination to hug and have other close contact during the ceremony, due to the nature of the activity. Those are mostly automatic, intuitive processes, and hard for people to put aside.

and.....so many of the older Catholic & Protestant churches have declining memberships, that they aren't even a fourth full on Sundays. They should be easy to distance. The Mega Churches are another story though. ...Probably the biggest issue in the churches, weddings, and funerals is that people attending those have a natural inclination to hug and have other close contact during the ceremony, due to the nature of the activity. Those are mostly automatic, intuitive processes, and hard for people to put aside.
The "Choir" is also another issue. Loud talking and singing can spread the virus 17 feet and hang in the air for 10 mins.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Sorry if this has already been answered, but has Universal said anything about APs when they open? Specifically if the term of APs is going to resume at the reopening date like normal. I’m concerned about using my AP to visit in the summer heat if masks are required. If I find that to be too uncomfortable, is there a way to freeze my pass term or something until things go back to normal? Just didn’t know if Universal already put out information addressing this.

Sorry if this has already been answered, but has Universal said anything about APs when they open? Specifically if the term of APs is going to resume at the reopening date like normal. I’m concerned about using my AP to visit in the summer heat if masks are required. If I find that to be too uncomfortable, is there a way to freeze my pass term or something until things go back to normal? Just didn’t know if Universal already put out information addressing this.

nothing at this time.

Reactions: boomerthom

I’ve seen people mention that 3 months will be added on if you don’t visit in that period but @brian will know better.

Reactions: boomerthom
I’ve seen people mention that 3 months will be added on if you don’t visit in that period but @brian will know better.
They’ve already publicly said they would add whatever days closes to your pass. So that’s going to be adding 81 days with the June 5 date. So 3 months would only be an extra 9 days.

I think they stick with 81 and it is what it is, unfortunately @boomerthom

They’ve already publicly said they would add whatever days closes to your pass. So that’s going to be adding 81 days with the June 5 date. So 3 months would only be an extra 9 days.

I think they stick with 81 and it is what it is, unfortunately @boomerthom

May not be that black and white with this pandemic. There is a legitimate concern if APers are not comfortable with travel or visiting the park just yet. It's very possible they can say "Sorry, it is what it is" but would, or could, Universal extend their pause, or even just allow them to cancel with no need to pay the remainder of the contract (if they are within the first year.) Month to month holders will probably be told to cancel and they can restart it whenever they're ready.

May not be that black and white with this pandemic. There is a legitimate concern if APers are not comfortable with travel or visiting the park just yet. It's very possible they can say "Sorry, it is what it is" but would, or could, Universal extend their pause, or even just allow them to cancel with no need to pay the remainder of the contract (if they are within the first year.) Month to month holders will probably be told to cancel and they can restart it whenever they're ready.

Is there anything in the agreement that would allow for something like this?

I’m sure nobody signed up for an AP thinking that they would have to wear a mask nor would they feel safe visiting the park.

Universal probably don’t have to extend the days beyond what they were shut but it would be good PR to add on a fixed amount of time or whenever you first revisit the parks, whatever comes first.

I'd say this is one of those "call and see" sorta situation. There might not be a state policy on pausing an AP but I could see them discretionarily offer it.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.