Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 707 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant I don't think people are prepared for this. It's probably going to be the best coaster in Orlando behind Mako.
I think that’s more because, if they haven’t been paying attention to the rumors and its development, a lot of people just don’t know it’s happening at all. Once the top hat is complete and the top speed is confirmed, there’s going to be nothing “sleeper” about it.

I think that’s more because, if they haven’t been paying attention to the rumors and its development, a lot of people just don’t know it’s happening at all. Once the top hat is complete and the top speed is confirmed, there’s going to be nothing “sleeper” about it.

It depends on how you define the word sleeper.

I think the majority of us here who have been following this coaster from early rumours are kind of surprised at how it's developing. It's one thing to read the bullet points but something different to see it come to fruition.

After Hagrid's, I was expecting a good almost bare bones coaster, a coaster that would be more similar to the Hulk but it's looking like it's going to be more extreme and also closer to Hagrid's in theming than I had anticipated.

I think Universal Creative's sole goal was to trigger #DisTwitter. The melt downs over visible track, extreme elements, and no infant lap seating will be, shall we say...EPIC!

(Apoplectic #DisTwitter member sharing a picture of Velocicoaster on Twitter): "Oh my God, Becky. Look at that track!"

Me: "I like big track and I can not lie."

It's really not an argument. It's more I'm just excited for it and think it's going to be a great ride.

That ok?

Reactions: belloq87 and TheDr
Personally, I think this is the most critical ride that Universal will have built since FJ.

Universal’s treatment of its own IPs has been lacklustre for the past decade and I hope that this will set the tone for what to expect in EU.

It’s also the most exciting thing that they will have built about an IP I actually care about in a long time.

It's really not an argument. It's more I'm just excited for it and think it's going to be a great ride.

That ok?

How dare you!

If anyone wants to complain about losing JP's atmosphere, look on the bright side: We won't have to deal with all the annoying nets that USJ had to install because of Flying Dinosaur.
And (thank goodness) the Velocicoaster is a lot more contained than Flying Dinosaur, so it shouldn't disrupt the atmosphere of the land nearly as much.

Reactions: EPCOTcenter
If anyone wants to complain about losing JP's atmosphere, look on the bright side: We won't have to deal with all the annoying nets that USJ had to install because of Flying Dinosaur.

I hope you're right, but are we sure about that?

And (thank goodness) the Velocicoaster is a lot more contained than Flying Dinosaur, so it shouldn't disrupt the atmosphere of the land nearly as much.

In fairness, it would be hard for anything to be more intrusive than the Flying Dinosaur!

Flying Dinosaur is mostly over guest pathways. Here, it only goes over the bridge and that's pretty much it.

There are still going to be guest areas in front of the Discovery Center, so depending on the exact trajectory of the ride in those spots, we'll have to see if it's crossing directly over any of that. You'd think Universal would want to minimize that as much as humanly possible.

There are still going to be guest areas in front of the Discovery Center, so depending on the exact trajectory of the ride in those spots, we'll have to see if it's crossing directly over any of that. You'd think Universal would want to minimize that as much as humanly possible.
Not at all. Guests love when portions of roller coasters go over guest walkways. It's such a unique kinetic moment and an experience you can only get in a theme park. It also allows group members who don't ride coasters to share in the experience and try to get a video or picture of their party.

Not at all. Guests love when portions of roller coasters go over guest walkways. It's such a unique kinetic moment and an experience you can only get in a theme park. It also allows group members who don't ride coasters to share in the experience and try to get a video or picture of their party.

The main issue is the nets, which look extremely ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.