Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 223 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I guess I just assumed things would be back to normal mid July when I started the discussion. These are all valid points, now I'm thinking I'll be lucky if it is even open by then.
I'm starting to hear similar things to @GAcoaster and people are being called back into work, so maybe. IOA and USF should definitely be open then, it's a matter of if they feel like the public is ready to go back to a water park yet or not. Water Park's are fairly disgusting and how does it go in terms of wearing a mask? Obviously there's still some sort of line, but you can't go down one of the drop tubes with a mask on, but you also need to have a mask on while around people in line. So do they just have people hold their masks going down the slide or...? Also, masks at VB would basically all need to be of the reusable kind, as the surgical ones and water aren't a good match.

So the question becomes, how do you operate a water park using distancing guidelines? Personally, i'm not sure if you can safely. As long as USF, IOA, USH and USJ all open, Comcast will be happy with that. I'm not sure that rushing VB back opening is something that should happen right away.

So the question becomes, how do you operate a water park using distancing guidelines? Personally, i'm not sure if you can safely.
Well, water parks typically bring a different crowd. I’ll see the very rare scooter at disney ones and almost never at VB (I don’t ever recall seeing a single one).

Between all the stair climbing and walking and swimming; most people are in pretty decent shape and/or are younger. So “safely” might be relative.

Id hope VB is one of the places that just says “it’s all outdoors and humid- no masks and understand the risks” and rolls with the 6’ rule only and no raft pairings.

I’d go without a thought. It sounds much more enjoyable than a dry park for me.

Concerning the safety of VB + COVID-19, I'd personally feel safer at VB than at a theme park. I highly doubt the virus is just floating around in the chlorinated pools. People are constantly being rinsed by the pools and showers, there's not a lot of places you'd actually come in contact with the virus imo, unless you're swimming in a big group of people.

Concerning the safety of VB + COVID-19, I'd personally feel safer at VB than at a theme park. I highly doubt the virus is just floating around in the chlorinated pools. People are constantly being rinsed by the pools and showers, there's not a lot of places you'd actually come in contact with the virus imo, unless you're swimming in a big group of people.
It's not the pools i'd be worried about. It's the chairs, restrooms (or locker rooms is closer to what they really are), eating areas, etc.

Reactions: Clive and Coolbfitz

I don't get the negative views of water parks being open. I would sooner go to Volcano Bay than IOA or USF.

Reactions: RFRees and Andysol
It's not the pools i'd be worried about. It's the chairs, restrooms (or locker rooms is closer to what they really are), eating areas, etc.
yeah- restrooms and locker areas should be getting cleaned continuously.
Chairs, as long as they aren’t in a completely shaded/protected area, wouldn’t bother me at all. The sun does wonders.

Especially with the CDCs revision of how long things can live on a surface now (if we can even believe them anymore).

I don't get the negative views of water parks being open. I would sooner go to Volcano Bay than IOA or USF.
Same. It will be the bulk of my trip. Outside of seeing the “Experience” of the dry parks, I don’t have much desire. If VB wasn’t open, I wouldn’t be going.

it’s going to be nuts to see how spread out everything is in front of the volcano and how few chairs will be out.

yeah- restrooms and locker areas should be getting cleaned continuously.
Chairs, as long as they aren’t in a completely shaded/protected area, wouldn’t bother me at all. The sun does wonders.

Especially with the CDCs revision of how long things can live on a surface now (if we can even believe them anymore).

Same. It will be the bulk of my trip. Outside of seeing the “Experience” of the dry parks, I don’t have much desire. If VB wasn’t open, I wouldn’t be going.

it’s going to be nuts to see how spread out everything is in front of the volcano and how few chairs will be out.
Yeah. Not going to Florida until things are normal, plus I would never visit in summer, BUT, as you said, if I was going I would feel safer in VB, plus less restrictions due to the nature of the rides/slides would be an added enticement.

Reactions: Andysol
I really can't see very many people going to a water park if masks are mandatory. psychological effects of being in/around water and covering your airways with a mask is going to be tricky for most people.

Just rewatching the opening ceremony they said this stone now lives at Volcano Bay. I’ve never seen the stone in the park before. I bet it’s on Bill Davis desk as a paperweight lol1AF7D935-A8B4-47EC-8E02-4FDB3F2C9ECD.jpeg09F9ED18-D768-4D8B-A726-50C61A7A6D0E.jpeg