Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 221 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I remember Aquatica's first Summer it would open until 10 or 11. By 8, while still light out, friends and I would basically have the wave pool to ourselves. I also doubt it's coincidence Blizzard Beach was built without a lighting package. It's not even after dark, 5 or 6 seems to be the limit forthe vast majority of water park guests.
Bingo, nighttime waterparks have been tried time and time again, and only proven to be successful when there is a special event attached. The only reason that Typhoon recently got its lighting package beefed up is because they have tried to build in more infrastructure for their specialty nighttime events like DVC, buyouts, and H2O Glow.

The lighting package for the park is gorgeous. It's criminal it isn't really used for guests.

I enjoy it from my volcano view room, it is very nice.

This is the bit I don’t understand. They display it for people at the bar in Aventura when everybody on that roof top bar in the middle of summer would rather be in the pool in front of the volcano.

The upcharge CBBR rooms (not much of an upcharge imo) also enjoy the lighting. It is stunning

Problem is the Cabana towers are too close from what I understand.

Have to hit the diner and rope drop early. If you hang in the room it gets very annoying

You know that horn that signals the start of the waves? Tower guests can begin hearing that starting around 7-8 am...

Yeah, the horn and the music........ drums

I enjoy it from my volcano view room, it is very nice.

The upcharge CBBR rooms (not much of an upcharge imo) also enjoy the lighting. It is stunning

Have to hit the diner and rope drop early. If you hang in the room it gets very annoying

Yeah, the horn and the music........ drums
I loved that room. Booked it in November. One of my fav rooms in the resort. What a great way to start the morning, or end the evening, with that view.

The problem with nighttime hours (for any water park in Orlando) is that much of the summer there's an afternoon storm that clears out the park by around 2-3, if not earlier. The Summer is when you would ideally like to stay open late (and they do stay open until 8 in the Summer), but then the other problem is that because the sun is out until around 8:30-9 in the summer, closing at 8 is still too early to see the park "after dark".

Also, people just don't like to stay at water parks all day. The sun tires people out and they then want to go back to the hotel and take a nap. I agree that there should be a locals option at the very least of After 2 for VB (Disney has an after 2 AP for their water parks and it's perfect for locals), but I still don't think that would be enough to keep the park open past dark.

Did anyone notice the removal of the conveyor belt in the most recent pic?
Yup. I wonder if they’ll turn it at the end and have it end closer to the entrance vs (The more likely) extension of the ending.

Either way- the conveyer would need to be further out, so they’ll need a long one.

I wonder if the goal is to have the slides swing out and to the right so that a new longer runoff would be installed between the fearless river and the entrance. It would give them a longer runoff than they could get by extending the current runoff to the path, and it would necessitate the redo of the conveyor.

I understand. Also when your body IS the ride vehicle, there is a tendency for more injuries to occur.
Most of the time it just feels like simulated drowning to me. Not sure I see the fun. I also get kind of claustrophic in closed tubes... larger enclosed slides that fit rafts aren't nearly as panic-inducing.

Reactions: Journey_On
Does anyone want to make a prediction on how busy Volcano Bay will be mid July for my next trip there!?! haha I was there in February and it was a ghost town. I'm curious as to how busy water parks will be in general post COVID-19. on one hand it would be nice for it to be less busy for my trip but i also don't want the industry to suffer anymore from all of this.

Does anyone want to make a prediction on how busy Volcano Bay will be mid July for my next trip there!?! haha I was there in February and it was a ghost town. I'm curious as to how busy water parks will be in general post COVID-19. on one hand it would be nice for it to be less busy for my trip but i also don't want the industry to suffer anymore from all of this.
My prediction is that VB doesn't open along with the other parks and may stay closed until IOA and USF get their legs back under them. That's not based on anything, just a feeling.