Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 220 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’m having problems articulating why, but I can’t see myself going to a water park anytime soon. I can see myself going to a movie theater or a theme park. But, not a water park.

I think a lot of people are going to think similarly. Water parks just feel less hygienic than most other venues.
They are less hygienic than regular theme parks. Between feet funguses and mucus bourne pathogens they are a breeding ground for infections. Just like swimming pools. But being smart and paying attention to what you are doing. Don't walk around bare footed and don't touch hand railings. Use sanitizer after anytime you have to touch anything like buying food and renting lockers.

They are less hygienic than regular theme parks. Between feet funguses and mucus bourne pathogens they are a breeding ground for infections. Just like swimming pools. But being smart and paying attention to what you are doing. Don't walk around bare footed and don't touch hand railings. Use sanitizer after anytime you have to touch anything like buying food and renting lockers.
Not to mention the peeing and the fact everyone spits.
Even if you don’t think you spit, you do. When you get water in your mouth from a slide or ride or wave, that water just goes right back out the mouth.
The chlorine is there, but the place is overloaded with sterilized bodily fluids.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Yeah, the only way I go to a water park any time soon after this (and I think they'll be one of the last things to reopen) is if i'm just going in to lay down and grab a tan and leaving. No way i'm dealing with everyone's nastiness around one of those parks.

Some rumblings of every now and then future evening hours.

I hope so. I'm amazed it hasn't happened sooner, the park seems made for it.

I had assumed that they would just extend the splashdown area, not fill the area.

punga racers.JPG

Also quite a bit of track removed before the splashdown.

Looking at this out of context, I'd be convinced that they were being removed completely.

The lighting package for the park is gorgeous. It's criminal it isn't really used for guests.

This is the bit I don’t understand. They display it for people at the bar in Aventura when everybody on that roof top bar in the middle of summer would rather be in the pool in front of the volcano.

This is the bit I don’t understand. They display it for people at the bar in Aventura when everybody on that roof top bar in the middle of summer would rather be in the pool in front of the volcano.

Problem is the Cabana towers are too close from what I understand.

Noise wouldn't be an issue because, unless there is a special event, waterparks at night are super unpopular. Leading into the park's opening, UOR advertised the crud out of the park's nighttime capabilities and lighting package. While VB wasn't open as late as the dry parks, it still was open after dark, and the park was reliably dead. It could have been a day where Krakatau had upward of a four hour wait, and even it would be "Ride Now" at the end of the night. There is something inherently unappealing to the general public about going toa waterpark when its dark and chilly out and the sun isn't there to dry you off. Plus (#hottake) outside of the Volcano itself and the kid's play area, the nighttime lighting package isn't good.

Noise wouldn't be an issue because, unless there is a special event, waterparks at night are super unpopular. Leading into the park's opening, UOR advertised the crud out of the park's nighttime capabilities and lighting package. While VB wasn't open as late as the dry parks, it still was open after dark, and the park was reliably dead. It could have been a day where Krakatau had upward of a four hour wait, and even it would be "Ride Now" at the end of the night. There is something inherently unappealing to the general public about going toa waterpark when its dark and chilly out and the sun isn't there to dry you off. Plus (#hottake) outside of the Volcano itself and the kid's play area, the nighttime lighting package isn't good.

I remember Aquatica's first Summer it would open until 10 or 11. By 8, while still light out, friends and I would basically have the wave pool to ourselves. I also doubt it's coincidence Blizzard Beach was built without a lighting package. It's not even after dark, 5 or 6 seems to be the limit forthe vast majority of water park guests.

Reactions: Magic Feather
They should have an "After 6PM" ticket available to onsite hotel guests for $10. Have a guy with a guitar singing near each of the 2 main bars.
Great idea. That way us old guys could enjoy the water park as 'primarily' a night time bar with great ambiance.....Kennywood's Sandcastle used to do that during the first years they were open in the 90's. Thurs./Fri/ Sat nights they had the Tiki Bars and the swimming pool open, and the lighted volleyball court open, while the slides were closed. They had the biggest bar night crowds in Pittsburgh back then with several thousand nightly in a water park considerably smaller than VB. With Universal's hotel guests numbering so high this could work for VB too.