Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024) | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oi, don’t want to get into discussion about general public coming back to the parks cuz this isn’t the right place. Just trying to say that there are no crowds *now*, so what’s the point for holding back on spending? Especially for an attraction that has as much riding on it as the splash replacement.
The point for holding back on spending is exactly the fact that there's going to be extremely lower crowds. The parks are budgeted for the higher crowds that they're used to. They can afford to build big attractions because they have so many people coming during normal times. Right now, all parks are likely operating in the red for awhile (or barely breaking even). That's qhy I think you see this change happening to Splash. It's not going to be overly expensive and will allow them to market an old attraction as brand new.

How much does an impressive AA that they show over and over again on YouTube cost?

That's probably the budget
This doesn't answer my question

I want to see the rumors of why some thing this will be cheap...and when it will happen.
We have Marvel Land which is not done with a new Ride.....then Snow White big Redo and Mickey E Ticket....so does Splash fit before or after Mickey? Because if its after we could have Splash for another year at least before it needs to be shut down

How much does an impressive AA that they show over and over again on YouTube cost?

That's probably the budget
They won't have to spend much at all on AA's, as they will probably just reskin the ones they're currently using for Splash. The biggest part of the budget is probably going to go to changing the top of the mountain and the set pieces in side the ride. I'm sure there will be at least one new AA though that is more advanced that they put in here just for the sake of showing off. I'd put my money on either Tiana or Facillier for that piece. The only reason i'm not 100% saying Facillier is because this is set after the movie, so we don't know the extent of his involvement in the ride. It's very possible he is just shown in ghost form via projection mapping as we enter the final lift hill.

Looking at the Frozen ride I do not trust Disney to be able to get this done on a budget much less than a major ride would cost.
It's surely going to cost at least $75-$100M i'd say. Frozen cost $75M I believe and it's a much smaller ride (although it had much less to reuse). A lot of the money spent on Frozen was spent to fix up the rotting building, too.

Reactions: shiekra38
I could have sworn I heard 150 million floated as the number for frozen.
I don't believe i've ever heard a number that high, although it may have been slightly higher once you add in the Meet and Greet area/new bathrooms that they added next door.

They won't have to spend much at all on AA's, as they will probably just reskin the ones they're currently using for Splash. The biggest part of the budget is probably going to go to changing the top of the mountain and the set pieces in side the ride. I'm sure there will be at least one new AA though that is more advanced that they put in here just for the sake of showing off. I'd put my money on either Tiana or Facillier for that piece. The only reason i'm not 100% saying Facillier is because this is set after the movie, so we don't know the extent of his involvement in the ride. It's very possible he is just shown in ghost form via projection mapping as we enter the final lift hill.
Yeah, I'm fine if they use Projection mapping for some effects.

Things like even making the Fireflies feel alive shouldn't be so hard and same with the Voodoo Magic.

I'll assume we see Tia right after the first little drop that leads you inside the show building then another of her in the dark room after the double drops and then in the final room waving to you either from the boat or where Ber Rabbit is now.

I get why some think this will be cheap.....but I think Disney knows how many eyes are on it and Tony being on the project speaks to them being serious about it. But honestly if Disney cheaps out on a ride that is suppose to represent African Americans then dam get ready for some bad PR Disney.

Yeah, I'm fine if they use Projection mapping for some effects.

Things like even making the Fireflies feel alive shouldn't be so hard and same with the Voodoo Magic.

I'll assume we see Tia right after the first little drop that leads you inside the show building then another of her in the dark room after the double drops and then in the final room waving to you either from the boat or where Ber Rabbit is now.

I get why some think this will be cheap.....but I think Disney knows how many eyes are on it and Tony being on the project speaks to them being serious about it. But honestly if Disney cheaps out on a ride that is suppose to represent African Americans then dam get ready for some bad PR Disney.
Also, the worst attraction that Trowbridge has worked on in his career is probably Smuggler's Run, which is pretty good for someone's worst. So I have high hopes that between Tony and Scott, this project will be high quality. I mean, they already have an E-ticket attraction sitting in front of them, all they're doing is changing the story and theme around the attraction. Admittedly, a lot can go south if they don't do that part right, but it's not like Maelstrom where you had a C/D ticket at best and they were hoping to somehow magically pull an E-ticket out of their ass during the redo.

After watching the ride POV's again, they really need to do something with the first two minutes of the ride. I get being able to see the castle (I'm centered in Orlando), but other than that it's just waiting to experience the actual ride (the part when you finally enter the mountain).

Will they re-theme the area around Splash Mountain (I mean the part when you go under the station) at WDW into New Orleans? It's now a western style and that wouldn't fit.

Hoping this take doesn't come across as too 'galaxy-brain'-y or whatever, not my intention. I just don't trust Disney to fully mean what they say when it comes to the whole social justice thing. Follow the revenue and see where it comes from. It's hard for me to think that some part of Disney didn't resent the fact they couldn't make more money off Splash while they could. Song of the South was universally a bad look. Frog is a much safer bet for them, even with the Voodoo or Witch Doctor stuff.
I think you hit the nail right on the head here. This has nothing to do with being “virtuous” here. Disney will only be virtuous if there’s money to be made. Otherwise, I feel they would’ve changed the ride in Japan as well. If they can sell more PatF merch than SM merch.....yeah.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
After watching the ride POV's again, they really need to do something with the first two minutes of the ride. I get being able to see the castle (I'm centered in Orlando), but other than that it's just waiting to experience the actual ride (the part when you finally enter the mountain).
While, I'm not 100 percent against them adding more...Its just a nice time to look at some nice vista's and enjoy nature.

It's old school, here just enjoy this instead of having a character having to jump around and assume you...kinda like how the Train around Disneyland has just nice things to look at and no real story

Will they re-theme the area around Splash Mountain (I mean the part when you go under the station) at WDW into New Orleans? It's now a western style and that wouldn't fit.

Again - Splash Mountain was inspired and set around the South and Georgia.

Princess and the Frog is set in Louisiana - the beginning of the "Frontier". They aren't going to make the mountain turn into New Orleans, and a bayou is certainly fitting in a Western setting - It's just a matter of execution. The concept art doesn't show anything that makes it "not fit" at this time.

Reactions: Mad Dog

I actually love the quiet beginning, before you dive into stimulus overload.

It adds this deeper magic to the ride. It’s just a normal log ride. A normal journey around this mountain, but suddenly you are plunged into this cartoon, colourful world filled with singing and zany characters.

Disneyland does this a bit better as they don’t have a cartoon frog at the beginning, just a more realistic owl.

But it’s a great flow and I hope it can be retained mostly.

Again - Splash Mountain was inspired and set around the South and Georgia.

Princess and the Frog is set in Louisiana - the beginning of the "Frontier". They aren't going to make the mountain turn into New Orleans, and a bayou is certainly fitting in a Western setting - It's just a matter of execution. The concept art doesn't show anything that makes it "not fit" at this time.
Yes.....and the frontier was originally any area that wasn't in the original east coast settlements....and...even more Disney oriented....Disneyland's first Frontier land largely used the success of the Davey Crockett (Fess Parker) IP from the three part TV series, the first part that largely took place in Tenn., which is no further west than Louisiana.

Reactions: Disneyhead