Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

You guys might have better food options over there then in the parks.

I honestly think most of the options inside of USH aren't that good and whenever my friends will I go to Citywalk to eat....it costs more but pretty much everything in Citywalk is a step up from whats in the park
Same way I feel about UOR

While UOR’s Citywalk wins aesthetically (you can’t beat the vista over the water with the water taxis running in front of Toothsome and Hard Rock), content-wise USH wins by a near landslide. Between their multitude of unique TS options, tons of QS and shops, and it still holds its own on entertainment options. Plus, now that USH is getting some of UOR’s best dining concepts, it makes it even better.
UOR’s Citywalk has become a little bloated with (admittedly great) Table Service concepts, and I really hope that the Studio Store replacement doesn’t continue that trend.

According to some of my SoCal friends, USH Citywalk is a little more of a locals hangout ala Disney Springs, in the same way that Disneyland’s Downtown Disney mirrors UOR’s Citywalk as a prelude to/after visiting the parks.

While UOR’s Citywalk wins aesthetically (you can’t beat the vista over the water with the water taxis running in front of Toothsome and Hard Rock), content-wise USH wins by a near landslide. Between their multitude of unique TS options, tons of QS and shops, and it still holds its own on entertainment options. Plus, now that USH is getting some of UOR’s best dining concepts, it makes it even better.
UOR’s Citywalk has become a little bloated with (admittedly great) Table Service concepts, and I really hope that the Studio Store replacement doesn’t continue that trend.

According to some of my SoCal friends, USH Citywalk is a little more of a locals hangout ala Disney Springs, in the same way that Disneyland’s Downtown Disney mirrors UOR’s Citywalk as a prelude to/after visiting the parks.
It's interesting how they approach CityWalk much like in-park dining options (of course with more umph)...In that, there are a ton of easily replicatable options with minor adjustments.

For example, I can see most of the menu at Toothsome existing at NBC or Bigfire existing at Toothsome

I'm interested to see if Universal branches out to more adventurous concepts food-wise and not just theme-wise

If it does end up as a new dining location, I would definitely be up for a brunch concept.

BBQ would be great too. As much as I like Bigfire, I was hoping it would be a BBQ place.

So I only saw this on a locked thread but how much truth weight does the SNL Comedy Club replacement for Red Coconut Club have? I can understand if it got pushed back for now regarding the world’s situation but was it actually being considered as a actual project or just wishful thinking?

From the local talent pool and bringing in company synergy I think it’s a fantastic idea. Hopefully it doesn’t have a Bill & Ted situation in terms of joke complaints because comedy is subjective and I think people should go into it understanding they might not like every joke by every performer. But in terms of creating a “Laugh Factory” of sorts in Orlando with an iconic brand attached and giving locals another platform is awesome.

I believe Preacher Lawson was an Orlando local before scoring big on AGT so it’d be cool to have that potential performing at Universal. They could even give Team Members a shot if they audition and are good enough like some of the Horror Make Up show actors are fantastic and probably have their own material too.

So not for right now but in the distant future once everything gets back to normal is this a realistic project? Right now I think it’s fair to say they dont have the most memorable or iconic clubs other than maybe rising star being their #1. I think this would be a great popular addition.

So I only saw this on a locked thread but how much truth weight does the SNL Comedy Club replacement for Red Coconut Club have? I can understand if it got pushed back for now regarding the world’s situation but was it actually being considered as a actual project or just wishful thinking?

From the local talent pool and bringing in company synergy I think it’s a fantastic idea. Hopefully it doesn’t have a Bill & Ted situation in terms of joke complaints because comedy is subjective and I think people should go into it understanding they might not like every joke by every performer. But in terms of creating a “Laugh Factory” of sorts in Orlando with an iconic brand attached and giving locals another platform is awesome.

I believe Preacher Lawson was an Orlando local before scoring big on AGT so it’d be cool to have that potential performing at Universal. They could even give Team Members a shot if they audition and are good enough like some of the Horror Make Up show actors are fantastic and probably have their own material too.

So not for right now but in the distant future once everything gets back to normal is this a realistic project? Right now I think it’s fair to say they dont have the most memorable or iconic clubs other than maybe rising star being their #1. I think this would be a great popular addition.

As I understand it, SNL has been thrown around for everything from what became Fallon to a restaurant replacing Bubba Gump, to an improv show, to what you describe.

EDIT TO ADD: My understanding is that NBCUniversal is not the sole owner of rhe SNL property, and anything they do with it needs the blessing of Lorne Michaels' company - I assume Broadway Video, but it's been a while. This may be what keeps anything SNL from coming to fruition, but I do not know.

The only reason that rumor came up this year was due to Kenan Thompson being at the Resort. A few sites took it as an indication of "SNL is coming" rumor and ran it when it was all just for filming the "Woah!" marketing campaign.

The only reason that rumor came up this year was due to Kenan Thompson being at the Resort. A few sites took it as an indication of "SNL is coming" rumor and ran it when it was all just for filming the "Woah!" marketing campaign.

For what it's worth, it's been something the community has kicked around as a rumor every time something changes at Citywalk since I started paying attention to theme parks.

Edit: my bad. Just noticed "this year." carry on.

I know neither spot will become one but an Official Nintendo Store would be amazing like over in New York and Japan. I know we will get some stores in the park but would not mind a place where they do launch events and maybe even some partnered events where you watch the Nintendo Directs at the AMC theater with other fans

I recently heard a rumor of a beer garden possibly coming to Citywalk, possibly as a replacement for Universal Store/Hot Dog Hall of Fame. Rumor is it was postponed due to the current state of things...
I hate this idea with a burning passion, but that’s because there’s an awful beer garden not too far from my house.

I recently heard a rumor of a beer garden possibly coming to Citywalk, possibly as a replacement for Universal Store/Hot Dog Hall of Fame. Rumor is it was postponed due to the current state of things...

I was under the impression that whatever restaurant concept is going in the old Studio Store was going to expand to take over the Hot Dog area. This not a thing anymore?

I was under the impression that whatever restaurant concept is going in the old Studio Store was going to expand to take over the Hot Dog area. This not a thing anymore?
Could've always been this, and someone just didnt know or have more information. Beer Gardens can offer small amounts of food as well. This would fit in well, but with a brewery nearby I feel this should be more a winery but no complaints. Could turn into a peaceful area in Citywalk, which kinda needs that.