California Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

California Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is good news, Still enough time for an event before a Christmas themed event.

Also Disney is smart so will use both parks and have two kinda different themes each new event they do until they can reopen like normal

Reactions: Rideguy70
You can’t compare the US parks to the international parks, because the virus is under control outside the US. And the infection rate is higher in Florida than in California right now because stuff has reopened.

Under control?

Reactions: Mad Dog
  • Angry
Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Under control?

First, you’re quoting what I posted a week ago. A lot changes in a week.

Second, France has a population of 67 million compared to California’s 40 million. France (per the article) has a total 779,000 active cases. California exceeds that, with 867,000 active cases despite having 25 million fewer people. France is locking things back down, while California is opening things back up.

So, yeah. The European countries, in a direct comparison, have things far more under control.

SMH Disney super fans are something else. Hey 28,000 cast members got laid off (while executives are still being paid,) but if they want to go to the park for a soulless corporation then they can "be my guest"

Last edited:
Reactions: RevFreako

SMH Disney super fans are something else. Hey 28,000 cast members got laid off (while executives are still being paid,) but if they want to go to the park for a soulless corporation then they can "be my guest"
Disneyland is now apart of the culture in the state. Go on a dating website 50% of woman I see on there either love Disneyland or have an AP for it. Something in the last 10ish years changed Disney into becoming super cool before DCA 2.0 both parks had off seasons now...your lucky if we get a few week days a year that aren't busy.

I also used to think im a Super Disney fan until I see how much money and time people will invest into the parks...I love the place I really do but the obsession from bloggers seems a bit much for what the place really is.

Officials are doing this with theme parks. I believe they did this with other sectors such as restaurants and movie theaters? It seems obvious but communication like this always helps.

To get to this--with teams going to California and Florida--I wonder if this should hopefully get a series of guidelines distributed that are strict, but willing for allowing the parks to be reopen--released by Late October/Early November.

It's a good sign. Especially given everything in the past with Newsom's team on handling this particular section of the state on an economical level.

Waiting for Cal to get the OK makes me think WDW is adhering to their 25% max capacity to make it look good and make things happen for Cal. I'm guessing once Cal gives the theme park OK that WDW will
raise the Orlando capacity numbers.

..Perhaps it's just the way I'm hearing of it, it sounds like has a certain..distained voice when associating it. As if it's annoying him.

Personally--I see the guidelines being released tomorrow being for smaller parks and boardwalks. I think he's going to maintain his "Health First" approach to Disneyland and Universal.

I’m still skeptical that they will be reasonable. I would be really surprised if he budged before Nov 3rd. I guess we’ll see tomorrow.

Why Nov. 3? Newsome isn’t up for re-election until 2022 and California’s electoral vote outcome is obvious. This whole situation has nothing to do with the election.

Status
Not open for further replies.