California Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

California Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand. What tier is LA county and Orange County in? The map says LA county’s infection rates are Widespread, while OC is substantial. So, does that mean Universal can’t open, and Disneyland can at 25% capacity with only outdoor attractions?

I think Disney and Universal will have no choice but to take off the gloves and sue the state. It will be just about impossible to reopen anytime soon under these guidelines.

In the meanwhile, I hope both parks start thinking more seriously about having a food event like Knotts Berry Farm has been having so that they can have some income coming in.

Took me a second to figure out the orange is red part.

The problem with the yellow tier is that it might never be reached.

Which at that point--why not just be clear and say that they can't reopen.

There is a fundamental disconnect to this--one that I cannot but help feel terrified and angry for those wondering what's about to happen to their jobs. I genuinely have to think we are about to hit an Ohio situation, and see CAPA have a joint lawsuit with Disney, Universal, and Cedar Fair against Newsom.

If they were guidelines implemented back in May or June, I'd imagine we'd be in a different tune than now. And I'd be cautious to say that--if they were handling movie theaters and restaurants the same sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
Why Nov. 3? Newsome isn’t up for re-election until 2022 and California’s electoral vote outcome is obvious. This whole situation has nothing to do with the election.
Because there's a conspiracy theory on the right that all the restrictions will be lifted if Trump loses.

Just as an example:
Screenshot_20201020-155135.png

Will be interesting to see if these restrictions come to Florida with a blue November.

Will be interesting to see if these restrictions come to Florida with a blue November.
Considering DeSantis will still be governor, no.

But the idea that Newsom is holding back DL and USH as some election year stunt makes no sense. The outcome of California in the election is a forgone conclusion.

Cali is just generally overly cautious on a lot. Why anyone thought this would be different is beyond me.

The California Department of Public Health has released theme park reopening guidelines.

We’re no experts in Health and Medicine, but it’s apparent that the parks will be closed for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: RevFreako
This presents an interesting challenge for Universal and Disney to come up with a special event offering similar to Knotts. Fans will flock to anything at this point, so they might as well create a backup plan.

I’ll pass on going until face mask restrictions are lifted. Gives me more time to save up for APs anyways.

California....is....well California. They often march to the beat of a different drummer. ...They are rarely the In Synch group. Out Synch is their MO. This is not unexpected coming from them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freak and shiekra38
If pulling people from elsewhere is an issue that they specifically mention vs. outdoor stadiums, why not only let in CA residents or people from specific counties or X miles? It seemed to have worked in Japan.

The concerns over people could also be reduced by forcing visitors to only be able to visit X amount over a monthly or quarterly basis or force cool down period between visits to help prevent spread. In theory it'd help more people get into the parks vs only diehard APs.

I feel like policy can be a lot more tactical and precise vs a carpet ban destroying how these major centers operate.

I'd never thought I'd see Disney be a true underdog in a sticky situation, but this is really justifying it.

For some context, movie theaters aren’t allowed to reopen (25% or 100, whichever is fewer) until orange tier.

This is completely in line with what the state has been doing this entire time.

EDIT - And several counties have not done mass reopenings when they reach a new tier. For example, we moved into orange about three weeks ago, and some industries are still operating under red.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.