Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all for the safety of performers and staff, but the one thing about the plexiglass that didn't click for me last year was that there was no fear of something coming in contact with my face lol. That usually is what made me jump in previous events. I'm sure a happy medium can exist though.

In my perfect scenario, HHN would be back to "normal" and you would require a Vaccine passport to attend lmao.

It's odd - I see a lot of hate for the plexiglass because they can't get close to you.

I've never had an actor get that close to me in an HHN house. They usually pop out, get the scare, and go back into the hole. I've never had them get much more than maybe a foot closer than the plexiglass allows.

It's odd - I see a lot of hate for the plexiglass because they can't get close to you.

I've never had an actor get that close to me in an HHN house. They usually pop out, get the scare, and go back into the hole. I've never had them get much more than maybe a foot closer than the plexiglass allows.
28 I nearly got knocked over by a guy in a suit. Can't remember if it was yeti in SS or something else but he came out of nowhere and I was looking over my shoulder because my gf had just got got pretty good and I turn around and plow my face into a scareactors chest. was not violent or anything but i know the guy definitely took advantage of me not paying attention. Lots of stuff like that can happen when theres no plexiglass. feel like yeti in 29 had spots where they got close/blocked you off like that too.

It's a mental thing for me. I know normally they won't/can't touch me, but there is still the possibility. Plexiglass removes that entirely.

A lot of scareactors try to get as close as they can to the guests, as fast as possible. Some of the best scares I every had involved appearing at someone’s shoulder the split-second they glanced away. If I was a foot away, then I could be six inches away.

A lot of it involves scareactor preferences for type of scare and house layout itself. Catacombs lived on getting close. Plexi would have ruined it.

A lot of scareactors try to get as close as they can to the guests, as fast as possible. Some of the best scares I every had involved appearing at someone’s shoulder the split-second they glanced away. If I was a foot away, then I could be six inches away.

A lot of it involves scareactor preferences for type of scare and house layout itself. Catacombs lived on getting close. Plexi would have ruined it.
It's odd - a lot of the local haunts I go to (and the one I worked at) involved getting wildly close to the guest and that just never happened to me in a house. I've had it in zones for sure, but not houses.

I feel kinda left out now. Haha.

It's odd - a lot of the local haunts I go to (and the one I worked at) involved getting wildly close to the guest and that just never happened to me in a house. I've had it in zones for sure, but not houses.

I feel kinda left out now. Haha.
I like getting close to guests, and lucked out with spots that encouraged getting close (right on the guests path, to include an ability to walk “with” guests). I’m also a bigger guy, and tend to have a “try it” attitude with my body language that throws guys even bigger than me off because it’s not common.

Spots like that are rare, and I would recommend against scareactors using the same tact as myself. It only works for the right people.

Currently living with a ghost so I'm considering going this year. I don't want to read 35 pages (no offense) can somebody give me a TLDR?

I like getting close to guests, and lucked out with spots that encouraged getting close (right on the guests path, to include an ability to walk “with” guests). I’m also a bigger guy, and tend to have a “try it” attitude with my body language that throws guys even bigger than me off because it’s not common.

Spots like that are rare, and I would recommend against scareactors using the same tact as myself. It only works for the right people.
I was the same way as a scareactor, loved getting up close and making people uncomfortable.

Hopefully we get that back at HHN sooner rather than later.

I hope they keep the plexi forever, TBH. It’s the best way to protect performers from guests.
If I'm being honest, I'm surprised they don't have some kind of netting or wires in front of boo holes yet

They do it occasionally when they have a stilt walker like in Tomb of the Ancients, but I'm surprised it hasn't been integrated in each house yet

If I'm being honest, I'm surprised they don't have some kind of netting or wires in front of boo holes yet

They do it occasionally when they have a stilt walker like in Tomb of the Ancients, but I'm surprised it hasn't been integrated in each house yet

There are numerous reasons why they haven't. As some have pointed out, barriers of any kind between the boo hole and the guest result in some loss of scare efficacy. Many performers prefer to have more control and proximity in their scare styles and get frustrated when barriers or other limitations get introduced. Depending on the location and layout of the maze, barriers can also represent a liability: out in Hollywood, many scares are accessed from guest pathways, meaning you can't put up a giant barrier or there's no way to enter/exit the hole. I imagine there are similar situations in Orlando's narrower/more compact venues.

My stance is the plexiglass is pandemic theater to begin with. It doesn't actually help anyone, and in fact, it might make things worse for ventilation. The verbiage I've always heard is that Horror Nights is a contact sport, and while it isn't right, you have to expect there will be physical contact with the guests in both accidental and malicious varieties. There just isn't going to be a scenario where you can stop scare actor-guest incidents - you can only try and take reasonable preventative measures - consider exit points for a position, make adjustments if a particular spot is leading to a higher-than-normal frequency of incidents, kick out guests that are obviously intoxicated or looking for trouble.

I nearly got headbutted by a Baghuul at the end of Blumhouse of Horrors a few years back.

• Wow
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I do feel like getting close to the guests is pretty essential to the scare factor (that Demogorgon at the end of 28's Stranger Things just about gave me a heart attack, it was so close) but also I do agree with the remarks on safety for both the guests and performers. It breaks my heart to know that the actors have to go through so many assaults. Plus, you know, the pandemic.

Reactions: Rikku
Status
Not open for further replies.