Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 145 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone wants to nerd out to the extreme, I found this link to Wyandot's public safety radio. There's a lot of dead silence, but occasionally transmissions come on with a variety of activities. It's fun to have on in the background during the work day!
I don't know why it never occurred to me that Wyandot is a real county lol. Like, I knew Carey, Ohio was a real place but for some reason I just never put two and two together. Thanks for the radio, this will be fun to have a listen to!

Reactions: Ringwraith
Realistically the best way to do that is to have a mask requirement. Having masks + mostly vaccinated (at least >50%) means transmission in the houses should be manageable, even if you've got a conga line.

I certainly agree that they *should* have a mask requirement, but I certainly question whether they will or not by the time HHN rolls around. I was discussing with my HHN travel companion this week if we would wear masks even if they aren't required and the consensus was yes because we can't really trust anyone else, and we'll be fully vaccinated by then. But if I'm in charge of Universal (and I'm not, to be clear), the only thing I'm really trying to avoid at this point is the "First US Theme Park COVID Case" headline and any associated bad press. Since social distancing is functionally non-existent at this point (which would include the houses) and masks are no longer required for vaccinated people, plus Florida has vetoed any vaccination card requirements, it just feels like a matter of time before Disney and Universal simply drop the mask requirement, even if that is a good line of defense.

For better or worse, the current facts just don't seem to align with a mask requirement in four months. (I hope I'm wrong, for what it's worth.)

Reactions: HHN Yeti Lover
Nobody knows what's going to happen with masks next month let alone in 4 or 5 months. Nobody can predict if another wave is going to come or if a variant that is unaffected by the current vaccines shows up. With indoor arenas opening to fans for NBA and NHL playoffs, nobody knows if one of them are going to turn into a "superspreader event" and cause a rethinking of the mask guidance.

The story below initially broke the very same day of the CDC's new mask recommendations (I think it originally reported 6 positive). One of the first players to test positive already had Covid once, got the J&J vaccine, and yet still got Covid again. Now, the vaccine made it so that only one of them even felt any minor symptoms (a coach) so that's great news, but still alarming that a vaccinated world class athlete can still catch it again and while there's no proof he gave it to, or received it from, any of the other 8 positives it seems pretty coincidental that 9 people in the same organization caught it outside team functions independent of each other. But that's what they say the vaccine does, makes it so that you can't transmit it yourself.

Just goes to show that we can't let our guard down and that being vaccinated doesn't mean you're 100% safe from maskless conga lines at a huge event attended by people from all over the country as well as some international guests (though it's TBD what kind of international turnout there will/can be this year). I'm fully vaccinated and if I have the opportunity to get a booster before HHN (it will be about 5 1/2 months from when I got my second shot to when I go to the event) I'll be first in line to get it and will still wear a mask at the event. If I'm huffing it from end of the park to the other in 100% humidity, maybe I'll remove it. If it's raining maybe I'll remove it. But I plan on wearing it as often as I can and DEFINITELY inside houses, queues, and any other crowded areas. I wear the thick 3-layer cloth masks now, but in the insane heat and humidity of Florida, I'll probably buy a box of the disposable paper medical masks to make it more bearable.

Apologies for such a long Covid post in the regular forum, but there were a lot of mask discussions this weekend and wanted to throw in my $0.02.

The story below initially broke the very same day of the CDC's new mask recommendations (I think it originally reported 6 positive). One of the first players to test positive already had Covid once, got the J&J vaccine, and yet still got Covid again. Now, the vaccine made it so that only one of them even felt any minor symptoms (a coach) so that's great news, but still alarming that a vaccinated world class athlete can still catch it again and while there's no proof he gave it to, or received it from, any of the other 8 positives it seems pretty coincidental that 9 people in the same organization caught it outside team functions independent of each other. But that's what they say the vaccine does, makes it so that you can't transmit it yourself.

The plan I was hearing was no masks outdoors and to mask up once you enter the queue. That obviously went into effect much sooner, so I'd wager my "no mask" expectation will be right, with it being optional. As far as security and safety, they'd probably ban the gaiter-style mask or any other similar style and only mandate that it be the traditional ear loop ones.

The plan I was hearing was no masks outdoors and to mask up once you enter the queue. That obviously went into effect much sooner, so I'd wager my "no mask" expectation will be right, with it being optional. As far as security and safety, they'd probably ban the gaiter-style mask or any other similar style and only mandate that it be the traditional ear loop ones.
Maybe... i'm getting the feeling that masks indoors could be removed before HHN.

So what are we thinking y'all?
Mega drop?
I have said it time and time again, I love the live show like presentation style for announcements. Pre record it and premiere it on YouTube.

Nevertheless, it gets here when it gets here.

I am purely guessing but it seems like the Universal marketing team already planned on focusing on Velocicoaster till June 10th and we are simply waiting till after that.
That makes sense. Velocicoaster is their big new thing to draw people to the parks. Focus the marketing on that, then launch the campaign for the return of a tradition like HHN.

You absolutely can still contract the virus even after fully vaccinated. The vaccination is so that even if you do, your symptoms will hopefully be minor if at all felt. You also absolutely can still transmit the virus to others even after fully vaccinated. The chances are lowered but the vaccinations aren't miracle cures or preventatives, they're simply to help your body prepare for defense against the virus itself. That's why it's so important that everyone be vaccinated. The anti-vax crowd is going to be at a serious risk after the re-opening of the world if they think that just because the majority of people are vaccinated that it'll somehow wipe out the virus completely and they'll be safe by proxy.

Here’s my guess. Nothing until after June 10th. And I think it will be rapid fire drops, think, every other week ish. I don’t think they will do BOGO this year and I also think masks will be optional inside this year, if vaccination rates are above 70%.
I agree on the BOGO. I think they're counting on the anticipation of the return of a full HHN to sell enough tickets on its own. They're not going to give things away for free if they don't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.