Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 209 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No I get your point -- they have basic popcorn, which makes this land inferior. You really value popcorn. Popcorn is very important to you.

Gonna echo Cygnus: Your missing the forest for the trees.

Elements of Super Nintendo World, atleast in my eyes on Hollywood; feels more...to use a better word, feels stunted of what the potential of the land could be.

Hogsmeade in Hollywood, even if it is lacking that of it's key thrilling attraction; feels like an experience on par with that of Orlando, Osaka, and Beijing, due to the size and scale being able to be translated to a way that makes sense and benefits off of Hollywood's architectural design philosiphy. Super Nintendo World feels the opposite: Very disjointed, not as organic as it could've been around the residing area, and missing that scale and translation that Hogsmeade got (and that it could've been solved by easy ways).

Will it matter to GP? I actually think you might get a few complainers, albeit due to how exposed some of the thematical immersion blending is (looking at you, Jurassic side); but by and large financially this seems to be a major success so-far for Universal. I just can't help but feel something should've been maintained when they changed positionals from the Mummy area/SS Cluster, to where Pets would've gone.

Gonna echo Cygnus: Your missing the forest for the trees.

Elements of Super Nintendo World, atleast in my eyes on Hollywood; feels more...to use a better word, feels stunted of what the potential of the land could be.

Hogsmeade in Hollywood, even if it is lacking that of it's key thrilling attraction; feels like an experience on par with that of Orlando, Osaka, and Beijing, due to the size and scale being able to be translated to a way that makes sense and benefits off of Hollywood's architectural design philosiphy. Super Nintendo World feels the opposite: Very disjointed, not as organic as it could've been around the residing area, and missing that scale and translation that Hogsmeade got (and that it could've been solved by easy ways).

Will it matter to GP? I actually think you might get a few complainers, albeit due to how exposed some of the thematical immersion blending is (looking at you, Jurassic side); but by and large financially this seems to be a major success so-far for Universal. I just can't help but feel something should've been maintained when they changed positionals from the Mummy area/SS Cluster, to where Pets would've gone.
This is fine, but also moot unless you've done the following two things: Gone to Super Nintendo World in Japan, and gone to Super Nintendo World in Hollywood. At the most, people can only have done the first thing. The majority of people -- including the majority of people here, I presume -- have done neither of those things.

Hollywood's SNW being different than Japan's was inevitable. Whether it's "better" or "worse" is 1) Something you can't fairly judge until you've done those two things I've mentioned, and 2) Sorta beside the point. We're not getting Japan's SNW; we're getting Hollywood's. I say judge it on its own merits; don't spend time lamenting the popcorn. It's popcorn.

Can we stop arguing about food offerings until the land actually opens? There will almost certainly be more options inside, some of which may trickle down to the satellite locations.

The little things do matter, but I am not shocked that a very Japan-specific thing (ie unusual flavors of popcorn) is not a top priority for the California location.

At the park now! Snagged an up-close pic of the drink menu!
View attachment 17973

Bit of a steep jump from $25 bucks (Which was already dumb) to $40 on popcorn buckets. Admittedly didn't expect the sipper to cost the same as it did from HHN (not me trying to start an argument, just kind of pleasantly surprised. Might actually go for the 1-Up sipper when I'm down there in October).

Reactions: Pacific
I can’t wait for the celebratory threads when Hollywood gets themed popcorn in six months. I’m sure they will be raucous.

If you take umbrage with Hollywood not getting the full build out, that’s one thing. But popcorn doesn’t need to be a metaphor. Saying, “Im disappointed we’re not getting Yoshi/the full build out/DK/etc” is probably enough. I agree with @viking_wizard_eyes - flavored popcorn shouldn’t be how we measure enjoyment (especially since we haven’t been in the land yet).

BREAKING: Universal Hollywood’s stocks TANK. Park forced to close and go out of business due to lack of mushroom popcorn. Civil unrest and riots arise in Universal City as frustrated citizens demand their mushroom popcorn. Governor Gavin Newsom declares state-of-emergency by working with a trade deal with Japan to get mushroom popcorn to California.

Lol there’s more posts complaining about popcorn complaints than posts complaining about actual popcorn. Flavor aside, can we talk about how it costs $40???

BREAKING: Universal Hollywood’s stocks TANK. Park forced to close and go out of business due to lack of mushroom popcorn. Civil unrest and riots arise in Universal City as frustrated citizens demand their mushroom popcorn. Governor Gavin Newsom declares state-of-emergency by working with a trade deal with Japan to get mushroom popcorn to California.

This you?

I mean, how hard is it to have some flavored popcorn!? For Pete’s sake we’re not even asking for Japan’s exact flavors. We just want USH to get a little creative with the popcorn flavors for SNW.

Though I’ve got to be honest: mushroom flavored popcorn sounds like a serious, serious food crime.

Reactions: Pacific and Cygnus