Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 208 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Heard from someone that the food and drinks in general will be cool. Also MAR10 Day being the current official opening goal (what others have been saying pretty much).

No special popcorns, but there is specialty sodas.

Oh no we don't get to eat *checks notes* mushroom-flavored popcorn, a thing everyone loves.

See my problem is not in that Mushroom flavored popcorn isn't coming (infact, good; let Florida suffer /s). It's just more of a reminder of what they could've done, had they of taken atleast Panda Express and Studio Deli in acreage.

Honestly I'm glad the drinks are coming; and I am wondering if we'll be getting that Mario Kart popcorn bucket too--but this feels like it should've been inside the land and not outside it.

USH's decision not to sell the flavored Nintendo popcorn is such a curious one. From the reviews I've read of both the Mushroom and caramel peach popcorn, the people that have tried them say they're delicious. It makes zero sense why the park would pass on an opportunity to make a lot of extra money.

Last edited:
Reactions: alias8703
See my problem is not in that Mushroom flavored popcorn isn't coming (infact, good; let Florida suffer /s). It's just more of a reminder of what they could've done, had they of taken atleast Panda Express and Studio Deli in acreage.

Honestly I'm glad the drinks are coming; and I am wondering if we'll be getting that Mario Kart popcorn bucket too--but this feels like it should've been inside the land and not outside it.
The thing I keep coming back to with all of these pre-opening complaints is this: will any of it have a significant impact on your experience? The basic popcorn, the shading over the queue, the squares in the facade -- if you're hemming and hawing over all this trivial stuff (especially before the place is even open!), then it's hard not to feel like you're just going out of your way to find things to complain about. Just choosing to be upset over stuff that has little material impact on the success of this project.

Which, you know, it's an internet message board, that's kinda par for the course. But still. They're building a stinkin' Super Nintendo World. Who gives a crap about popcorn? It's popcorn.

Maybe Toad’s will sell the stuff some are looking for but this stand exists as a way for people to get it easier or outside the land if they couldn’t get a reservation.

I don’t think we ever were gonna get the Koopa dumpling food items anyway.

The thing I keep coming back to with all of these pre-opening complaints is this: will any of it have a significant impact on your experience? The basic popcorn, the shading over the queue, the squares in the facade -- if you're hemming and hawing over all this trivial stuff (especially before the place is even open!), then it's hard not to feel like you're just going out of your way to find things to complain about. Just choosing to be upset over stuff that has little material impact on the success of this project.

Which, you know, it's an internet message board, that's kinda par for the course. But still. They're building a stinkin' Super Nintendo World. Who gives a crap about popcorn? It's popcorn.
yeah its nintendo, but its still a very obvious downgrade of the original version in japan, that at one point, was planned to come to hollywood fully intact. it can still be a bummer

I mean Popcorn lines in Japan are hugeeee at Both Disney and Universal.

I don't get why we can't get flavored popcorn as an option.

Also while the land will be fun, it will also be the worst of all the Nintendolands....for the reason of money.

But like many things, this land will be huge even with basically this being the weakest version of everything it seems. So USH wont care because the land will be printing money but as guests I think the land will be great for people who come once a year for APs....we will see how everything ends up.

yeah its nintendo, but its still a very obvious downgrade of the original version in japan, that at one point, was planned to come to hollywood fully intact. it can still be a bummer
Personally, I hesitate to call anything I haven't experienced yet a bummer. If someone's enjoyment of this land hinged on the popcorn, idk what to tell them.

So USH wont care because the land will be printing money but as guests I think the land will be great for people who come once a year for APs....we will see how everything ends up.
Well, that's another thing -- people with APs are the ones who complain most vehemently, and yet how many of them ditch their pass? Very few. They keep coming back. It'll be the exact same thing with this. People complaining endlessly about a park they visit three times a month -- just a bunch of disgruntled adults, arms crossed and frowning while they ride Mario Kart wearing their Toadstool hat lol.

I'm not gonna level any opinion of this thing until I've stood inside it and experienced it. Maybe it ends up being bad idk. Seems weird to speculate.

Personally, I hesitate to call anything I haven't experienced yet a bummer. If someone's enjoyment of this land hinged on the popcorn, idk what to tell them.
i think youre missing my point. i can still have a good time in fantasyland in magic kingdom while understanding its very inferior to the version in tokyo disneyland.

the first impression of nintendo world to american guests should be the best one possible (in this case the japan and orlando versions)

Well, that's another thing -- people with APs are the ones who complain most vehemently, and yet how many of them ditch their pass? Very few. They keep coming back. It'll be the exact same thing with this. People complaining endlessly about a park they visit three times a month -- just a bunch of disgruntled adults, arms crossed and frowning while they ride Mario Kart wearing their Toadstool hat lol.

I'm not gonna level any opinion of this thing until I've stood inside it and experienced it. Maybe it ends up being bad idk. Seems weird to speculate.
I mean we have less food options, less rides, in a smaller space. What are we speculating?

Also for sure Ap's will leave if they feel ripped off, When Harry Potter opened here they pulled lots of crap and people stopped showing up, so Universal made changes.

i think youre missing my point. i can still have a good time in fantasyland in magic kingdom while understanding its very inferior to the version in tokyo disneyland.

the first impression of nintendo world to american guests should be the best one possible (in this case the japan and orlando versions)
No I get your point -- they have basic popcorn, which makes this land inferior. You really value popcorn. Popcorn is very important to you.

I mean we have less food options, less rides, in a smaller space. What are we speculating?
I don't look at it that way at all. I see it as "Wow, we're getting Super Nintendo World." Guess I'm weird.

With no mushroom popcorn, it seems like I'm still going to have to visit Japan, lmao. I've been showing my partner who's from Japan this construction progress and she's like, "They better have the mushroom flavored popcorn or its pointless" and uhhhhh

I freaking love mushrooms, so I'm truly bummed out we aren't getting this. It was actually the very first I thing I planned on doing whenever I first go to the land.

Last edited: