Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 249 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wait are there multiple Gold calendars? Because I’m only blacked out Saturday and Sunday. It will be a crowded mess I am sure so unless you’re willing to stand that I wouldn’t go
Think so. mine is under the code GPFP, and I think I bought it in 2019 pre-closure.

EDIT: No wait, I think I misread my calendar with something else. I'm the same as yours, so whoops.

Anyways, now I just wonder if I could just see what it's like anyway. I don't think I'll have much to lose, especially if the rest of the park ends up being dead.

Last edited:
The 18th and 19th will be the big days to watch out for and see how the park handles the madness. Only thing that will ruin opening weekend is if it rains, and its been happening a lot in socal this year.

Reactions: BriefCasey
The 18th and 19th will be the big days to watch out for and see how the park handles the madness. Only thing that will ruin opening weekend is if it rains, and its been happening a lot in socal this year.
Flashback to Wizarding World opening day. I remember waiting in the extended queue for FJ without a rain jacket lol

A Few people got kicked off the rankings today
Not sure if they were test accounts of thought the people were cheating
C935A217-4E14-4D5A-8B1F-6D6D12DF220C.png

Not sure about stamp progress, just leaderboards. I heard it from a couple TMs. They could change their minds but I think it's fair tbh, the land isn't open yet. They also seem to be actively tinkering with the app as Team Yoshi is currently not showing up
It does, yeah. It may or may not benefit my possible band replacement mentioned in the other thread, though while I was thinking about that, I had one realization: I was just about to send their contact form asking about this, but has there been any word from TMs about if your stamp data and whatnot is saved to your phone/Universal Account and not the power up band? I'd really hope that'd be the case in the event of losing or misplacing your band so you don't lose all your progress. Especially considering you can add multiple bands according to the app.

Last edited:
Makes sense

I got into the top 7 of all time. So can’t complain

What's your mario kart and bowser jr high scores tho?

I would think they would have to clear the stamps too cause some of those stamps do give you a lot of coins and they're one time only. Then again if they don't, one could just spam blocks in the upstairs portion of the land to get them back for like an hour like I've seen lol

It would be cool to see an all time and/or monthly MK or bowser jr scoreboard, I feel like they're more fun stats to track since the main one really just shows how much time someone spends in the land interacting with it vs game scores.

Last edited:
Gotta be devastating for JPLand lol

As long as they don't touch my stamps I'm good. I can live with the coins getting wiped since I haven't earned a ridiculous amount. It seems fair since the land isn't officially open yet.
Same...I have 97 stamps. Please dont take them from me....pleaseeeeeee

Well, just a heads up, take good care of your bands, because this is what I heard back after using the contact form asking about what progress is tied to. Mainly, your progress is tied to your Power-Up Bands and not your account:
USH Guest Communications Team said:
Thank you for contacting Universal Studios Hollywood.

The SUPER NINTENDO WORLD™ rewards, including coins and stamp progress, are connected to each individual Power-Up Band™.

On your next visit, we recommend speaking to a member of our Retail Team in the area for the most up-to-date information. At this time, Power-Up Bands™ cannot be exchanged. I apologize for any disappointment that this may have caused.

We look forward to seeing you soon!
If they do reset everything, I wouldn't mind buying a new one with the prior foresight of how to securely put them on (basically slap them on pretty hard) and give the old one to a friend who also wants a Mario band when they come here. Knowing them, I don't think they'd be put off by the minor damage I mentioned in the other thread that's probably setting off my OCD.

Now that I think of it though, no way to reset them or transfer your progress for this kind of situation does kind of blow. :c

Reactions: Jerroddragon
The bands falling off is an issue I’ve seen people lose it on the crank game and the boss Raid

my tip is to put the band on over your long sleeves on your shirt or take it off before any games

my band also rubbed into the Yoshi part of the Q and now has glitter on it I can’t get off and some scratches

That makes sense. Chris I’m not sure if it was you, but didn’t someone say there was a delay in some of the interactive components?

Kind of a plot twist but have heard a lot of the early GP reaction has not been as expected. Many have cited disappointments with the interactivity and Mario Kart itself.

I’m not surprised, actually. Since I went to the soft and have been asked by friends what it was like, it seems like each and every one has deflated when I’ve told them that the ride doesn’t go fast, or that you’re not racing against other people (like Radiator Springs). I think I was more buoyant about the experience because I knew what to expect, but just based on the last week of sharing that experience, I can tell a lot of people who don’t have that sort of heads-up going in are gonna be let down, especially if they’re waiting 100+ minutes thinking it is, in fact, a fast racing ride.

Definitely easy to take for granted when we’re all on here having analyzed Japan’s POV this long and talked about the minutiae of the experience for months and years and this and that, to where we’re well-informed about every single aspect of the ride, only to forget (and then remember) just how little the GP actually knows.

Hard to blame people for that, yeah. Despite trying to go in as blind as possible, I kind of do remember feeling a bit of disappointment from learning how it doesn't go all that fast via some osmosis on the forums.
And I'm half joking here, but could this may or may not be USH's Galaxy's Edge in terms of hyped up thing only for it to uh, not be what people expected?