Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Illumination's Super Mario Bros (2023)

also throwback to

Last edited:
Not watching the trailer because im very much sold

I did however see tickets were on sale and reserved an entire row at AMC for my friend's Birthday so hoping if all my friends come we can fill every seat

Film looks fine, looks like one of the more solid efforts by Illumination which is great to see.

And seeing someone point this out on twitter, this film has zero competition on its release weekend, several weekends before, and several weekends after. Illumination films are pretty good at making a ton of money, but this is a lay-up to just run away with the box office!

Film looks fine, looks like one of the more solid efforts by Illumination which is great to see.

And seeing someone point this out on twitter, this film has zero competition on its release weekend, several weekends before, and several weekends after. Illumination films are pretty good at making a ton of money, but this is a lay-up to just run away with the box office!
Sounds like the perfect forecast for a potential #MarioSweep :v

When [Kondo and Miyamoto] were out here, we were at Skywalker Sound doing the mix, and they love the score and the new music I did. I was so nervous playing [the music for] them. did this, like, 15-minute suite of all these new themes I felt would bring you into the world. Their reaction was so unreal; they loved it so much. It was like, "Welcome to the family. This is Mario already." They kind of like stamped it. They were saying [that] when you hear the new Mario themes that I wrote, it feels nostalgic already, as if it were part of it already.

[It was] a 'pinch myself' kind of situation [for me], and the directors Aaron and Michael. Everyone's on the same page. Chris Meledandri, the head of Illumination, [was] so involved in terms of really wanting this to be like the best movie possible for the fans, and for new fans. It was amazing.

I'm surprised the Onceler isn't even there. :V

Also, by any chance is anyone able to check CityWalk today? Today's supposed to be the first day they have the van in LA, but they haven't even said where it'll be, and I see nothing from the social media accounts for the movie or Universal Hollywood.

Finally found some info. Looks like some kind of press thing that might just be for today. I guess tomorrow we'll see if it winds up in CityWalk or stays there at the regal theaters in Downtown LA, which I instantly recognized.

Also um just a heads up to be safe, but don't read the replies of the tweet. I don't know if there was a leak or if there was a new spot, but people are apparently spamming images of...
what Foreman Spike looks like. I tried not to get a good look, but if this was a leak, kind of jerkish of these people... >_>

Finally found some info. Looks like some kind of press thing that might just be for today. I guess tomorrow we'll see if it winds up in CityWalk or stays there at the regal theaters in Downtown LA, which I instantly recognized.

Also um just a heads up to be safe, but don't read the replies of the tweet. I don't know if there was a leak or if there was a new spot, but people are apparently spamming images of...
what Foreman Spike looks like. I tried not to get a good look, but if this was a leak, kind of jerkish of these people... >_>

That 'leaked' image is from an artist who made it for another project. Look up Camtoonist on Twitter and you'll see him verify it's not from the new movie. Likely April Fool's Day bit run amok.

Received the following text:

Hey LA. Keep your in the sky. Mario and Luigi take flight, tonight, Sunday, April 2. Santa Monica Pier 8pm & 9:30pm

They’ll be flying in the sky? Let’s-a go!

That 'leaked' image is from an artist who made it for another project. Look up Camtoonist on Twitter and you'll see him verify it's not from the new movie. Likely April Fool's Day bit run amok.
Oh thank god.Thanks for clarifying that. I was feeling a bit bummed for a portion of my day.
Received the following text:

Hey LA. Keep your in the sky. Mario and Luigi take flight, tonight, Sunday, April 2. Santa Monica Pier 8pm & 9:30pm

They’ll be flying in the sky? Let’s-a go!
So it sounds like they're going from place to place in LA County? Damn, sounds like it might not end up in CityWalk.

EDIT: Looks like it'll be a drone show tonight. Hard to say if the van will be there.

Last edited:

Final trailer looks so fun

cloudy with a chance of meatballs GIF