The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 477 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ooo looking at the Inside The Magic report on the HP merch at the airport, looks like we'll have to have a look on our way through!!
Just thinking, to get to the UO shop at the airport, will we have to go upstairs to departures (obviously we're coming into arrivals)? Can't remember the layout. Are ths shops near the entrance?

When you come out from the terminals you are next to the security check point and at the same place as all the shops. Just stay on the same level and the stores are there. Baggage claim is downstairs one level.

Here is a map of the airport shops. http://www.orlandoairports.net/images/flash/shopping_landside.swf

When you come out from the terminals you are next to the security check point and at the same place as all the shops. Just stay on the same level and the stores are there. Baggage claim is downstairs one level.

Ah right thanks, is that before or after the monorail trip?

The new story is more polished. Being attacked by Dementors in the middle of your quittich adventure.

Earlier concepts had you go into the forest with the spiders, then see Voldemort and the Dementors in a small scene, and the ending was just quiditch the whole way. SO glad they didn't do that. As you said, the Dementors interrupting the game is a fantastic, unexpected twist.

I am disappointed that the chess ROOM (atleast just the room) didnt make it into the scene.
If Chamber of secrets is in there, chess room should be there and the 3 headed dog. But nothing is ever perfect in this world. hehe

Wizard Chess was never on the books. That was a concept a different company came up with when they put in a scenic bid to get the project. They did not get the project, which is why their concept was not used. I think what's there is a lot more exciting. :thumbs:

That looks like Black Pudding in the corner?
Also, disappointed to see no Banoffee Pie on the menu!!

must be this is what i read were the breakfast offerings

There is an English breakfast (with black pudding, sausage, bacon and eggs)
an American breakfast with scrambled eggs & bacon & sausage and potatoe
an pancake breakfast with bacon and sausage
an oatmeal and a fruit breakfast.

Has anyone spotted any kind of Journals or Diaries in the shops of Hogsmead yet? If so, do you remember the price? I know that's one thing I want that I don't have a price for yet.

Scarves as well. If anyone can get a price of a Ravenclaw scarf, I will be in your debt.

The journals if I remember correctly are $18.95. They have have a leather feel and a large metal plaque on the front. I think they had one for each house. There were also 2 other diaries/journals which were a little smaller, don't remember the price.

Thank you Nightmare! I wrote it down on my list of wants. :)

Ok, so as far as plushies go, I have seen Crookshanks, Hedwig Puppet, Scabbers, Fawkes, Buckbeak, Fluffy and some dragons. Are there any others that haven't been pictured that you guys have seen? Also, which dragon plushies are there? I saw a Hungarian Horntail and a Chinese Fireball. Was wondering if they had the Welsh Green and Swedish Short-Snout as well.

Has anyone tried the cauldron cakes or any of the other desserts?

At Mugglenet, they posted a really great review a couple of months ago on the food. Here is the whole article
http://www.mugglenet.com/ericwwfoodreview.shtml

The bit about the cauldron cakes:
"Cauldron cakes, like chocolate cupcakes only molded like real cauldrons, are an example of the finesse in practice at the Wizarding World's kitchen. They're cauldrons with a handle overtop - I don't know how they bake it."

I also heard on a podcast somewhere that Cauldron Cakes are served warm and are like cupcakes filled with warm chocolate syrup.

Ok, so as far as plushies go, I have seen Crookshanks, Hedwig Puppet, Scabbers, Fawkes, Buckbeak, Fluffy and some dragons. Are there any others that haven't been pictured that you guys have seen?

Pygmy Puffs! I'm so getting one! They're adorable! :D

4660269894_32cd39981d_b.jpg

Source: Inside The Magic

Oh my rowling! I just got back from WWOHP! It was AMAZING! I have so many pictures I need to upload. I went on FJ twice. First time everything was perfect. Second time I rode it the sound went out towards the end.

I'm a little disappointed with DC. I didn't actually ride it because I've been on it when it was DD too many times. But going through the the line, all they did was get rid of the skeletons. >.> There was no Harry Potter flair in it.

Earlier concepts had you go into the forest with the spiders, then see Voldemort and the Dementors in a small scene, and the ending was just quiditch the whole way. SO glad they didn't do that. As you said, the Dementors interrupting the game is a fantastic, unexpected twist.

Spoiler alert, perhaps?