Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 351 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
They look great. I'm curious where else they will pop up (any chance of seeing less of the cheap ones at HHN) and also what role they will play in building overflow queue for the ride.

I hope they eventually replace all of the cheap barriers property-wide with the new barriers. At least in high profile areas.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see them pop up in front of Moe's any day now since Moe's is becoming more and more recognizable and will undoubtedly become a photo-op hot spot.

-Andy

Last Friday, people were lined up outside the Transformers building. I asked what for and one lady said "for a special effects show, but they're not really allowed to say much about it". Does anyone know what this could've been about? Sorry if it was answered before.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
I hope they eventually replace all of the cheap barriers property-wide with the new barriers. At least in high profile areas.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see them pop up in front of Moe's any day now since Moe's is becoming more and more recognizable and will undoubtedly become a photo-op hot spot.

-Andy

I'd like them to, but I'm not sure they will since it's very temporary. You figure the meet and greet will be needed every day. Even if they purchased them for HHN they would be needed year after year. For moes it's a few months and they are done. Granted they could order the HHN ones early (if they are going to use them there) but then they risk them getting damaged by the equipment.

Last Friday, people were lined up outside the Transformers building. I asked what for and one lady said "for a special effects show, but they're not really allowed to say much about it". Does anyone know what this could've been about? Sorry if it was answered before.

You got lied to.

From Universal News

Transformers-258.jpg

Universal Orlando “Rolls Out” Transformers Characters and Official Merchandise Store

Universal Orlando Resort introduces two new experiences to get guests ready for the battle they’ll experience when TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D opens this summer. Guests can now meet Optimus Prime and Bumblebee and purchase exclusive TRANSFORMERS merchandise at the Supply Vault, the official store for the upcoming mega-attraction!

TRANSFORMERS CHARACTERS
Optimus Prime, leader of the Autobots, and Bumblebee are now making in-park appearances at Universal Studios Florida. Towering at more than nine feet tall, the characters will be in-park daily to meet, interact, and
take larger-than-life photos with guests. Optimus Prime will speak directly to guests as he encourages them to join the Autobots in the fight to save mankind from the Decepticons.

“SUPPLY VAULT” MERCHANDISE STORE
Guests can stock up on battle gear at the Supply Vault – the official merchandise store for TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D. The store features an assortment of TRANSFORMERS merchandise, including action figures, apparel, Bumblebee car decals, military NEST cadet hats and more.

Created under license from Hasbro, Inc. and based on its iconic TRANSFORMERS brand, TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D will bring the intergalactic battle between the Autobots and the Decepticons to Universal Studios Florida in summer 2013. For more information about TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D, visit PrepareForBattle.com.

Also they were doing meet and greets on the Shrek side today:

I think this is the permanent home of the M&G. It works well here, especially having the backstage gate and area right across the road :thumbs:

First time poster here... Took a shot of The Transformers building through NY and thought I should post it here.

:welcome: and nice shot! :thumbs:

First time poster here... Took a shot of The Transformers building through NY and thought I should post it here.
UU89z5x.jpg

Great shot...I agree it does look out of place and even looks photoshopped almost in this pic (I know it isn't, just saying it looks like it)...perhaps due to the lighting difference or something.

This is one of the areas where Disney will always have the leg up -- theming. While Universal seems leaps and bounds ahead (right now) in technological enhancements and ride design, they frequently fall short in the park details, especially transitions between lands.

This is one of the areas where Disney will always have the leg up -- theming. While Universal seems leaps and bounds ahead (right now) in technological enhancements and ride design, they frequently fall short in the park details, especially transitions between lands.

I don't think that's fair to say, the only truth behind this is Transformers not sitting so well in it's location, and perhaps MIB. Everything else fits.

And park details, that's what this Springfield expansion is for, that's a transition almost.

Hmm... Hogwarts looming over Jurassic Park drives me insane, but this doesn't bother me a bit. Must be the "backlot" nature of US. Illusions are broken there from many different angles.