Springfield Expansion | Page 180 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thanks HTF!!! was foundation problem do to being so close to water? and yes to all that cant have a duff beer im sure the rest of who can will have one for you!!!! or two or so!!! lol...but sounds like its a meet up on opening day!!

Wasn't there talk on here about the stained glass being sandwiched between 2 plain pieces of glass, that way protecting it from guests? That would look much better than a stupid sticker.

I don't agree with that. In the Floridian heat and humidity both pains of glass on each side would fog up and look pretty terrible almost regularly.

I'll have on a blacked out ball cap for my favorite sports team. That's all I can give you but you can always just ask. Hell today Octobersfade a member I haven't met in person said in a questionable voice, HTF? As We were being walked by our handler out of Antarctica. Btw she was really sweet and a great guide for the day, we lucked out.

Also it was great to meet you OF! Good luck tomorrow morning beating the Antarctic crowds!

I'll have on a blacked out ball cap for my favorite sports team. That's all I can give you but you can always just ask. Hell today Octobersfade a member I haven't met in person said in a questionable voice, HTF? As We were being walked by our handler out of Antarctica. Btw she was really sweet and a great guide for the day, we lucked out.

For those unaware, this is what a cap from HTF's favorite team looks like:

nba_a_netsfanbag_600.jpg

:p

I'm in the no issue camp with the glass as well. Seems something cheap Moe would do.

- - - Updated - - -

Ditto. PJC members got you covered HTF!

Sweet first one in Springfield drunk tank, HTF :lol:

I would like to see Buzz Cola come to Springfield. $$$$$$$$

I have a couple 6-packs of Buzz Cola left, if anyone is interested. Let the auctions begin.

They probably just haven't added the outer film to the windows yet.

Yes, it looks like they may be easier to see through when it opens. Possibly a tradeoff to make the space work better for the general crowds. I think I can get over how the windows are different, but there are other things I am unhappy about with this project. Don't get me wrong, it still has some amazing qualities in it's favor.

There was also some discussions about Moe's sign. When I look at it seems more off than a night sign on a day building, because the sign is day background (light purple) with night letters (red) on a day building. What I mean is the sign does not match itself. I even think it would look better than it is now if it were just a night sign (dark purple background, red letters) on a day building. That may even be better than the day building with day sign (light purple background, black letters), which is not quite grand enough for this experience.
:homer:

Also it was great to meet you OF! Good luck tomorrow morning beating the Antarctic crowds!

meanwhile everyone and their mom on here knows who I am from getting caught in the transformers update...

The Flaming Moe will be offered. It will be non-alcoholic and the "flaming" effect looks like it will be achieved with something along the lines of dry ice or liquid nitrogen based on a picture I saw. No idea what is actually in the drink though.

Those "stained glass" windows don't look great. So far, Moe's exterior is kind of a mess.

In the concept art, the stained glass windows are also on the side of the building but since there is no window framing on the sides of the building, I'll assume there won't be any side windows? Maybe they'll paint them on?

Also, did anyone else notice those "coke bottle" people on the concept art (on the street side of Duff Gardens across from Moe's and behind "Duffman")

Those "stained glass" windows don't look great. So far, Moe's exterior is kind of a mess.

In the concept art, the stained glass windows are also on the side of the building but since there is no window framing on the sides of the building, I'll assume there won't be any side windows? Maybe they'll paint them on?

Also, did anyone else notice those "coke bottle" people on the concept art (on the street side of Duff Gardens across from Moe's and behind "Duffman")

Those aren't coke bottles, they're beer bottles. The Seven Duffs are named Sleazy, Queasy, Surly, Edgy, Tipsy, Dizzy, and Remorseful.

Seven_Duffs.png

Just looked them up. Hilarious!

I hope "Surly" talks.......

The Duffs' names are Tipsy, Queasy, Surly, Sleazy, Edgy, Dizzy and Remorseful. The only Duff that speaks is Surly. True to his name, he has a surly and cynical demeanor. He says things like "Hey, Surly only looks out for one guy ... Surly!", "Shut up" and "Take a picture, it'll last longer. Get outta here!" [1] Also, while waving to people at the Duff Dayz Beer Festival, Surly says in a loud voice, "Drink Duff!", then covers his mouth with his hand and adds, "Responsibly," in a much quieter voice.
-------

I love it.