Cedar Point in 2 Weeks | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Cedar Point in 2 Weeks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mean Streak is much improved this year. I believe they retracked it either this offseason or last, but I thought it was actually pretty smooth compared to years past. I always had it near the bottom of my wood coaster list, but after my last visit, I actually enjoyed the ride. Lots of great head choppers and good length I forgot about.

They said that about The Voyage at Holiday World, and when I rode it last year, I'm pretty sure my brain fell out.

They said that about The Voyage at Holiday World, and when I rode it last year, I'm pretty sure my brain fell out.

Has the Voyage gotten that bad? I rode its maiden year and two years later and it was great. Maybe the new Timberliners will help?

Has the Voyage gotten that bad? I rode its maiden year and two years later and it was great. Maybe the new Timberliners will help?

Oh, it's an amazing ride. My favorite wooden coaster. But it's just gotten so rough. Rode it in 2010 and then in 2012 and there was a huge difference.

The Timberliners have been tested for three years and still haven't been cleared to be opened on the ride.

Also random Blue Man question, I know Chris on his twitter teased new Orlando material (to replace Marbles I assume?), you hear anything/see it yet? :thumbs:

Yes they did put the new skit in back in March. The skit immediately follows Capn' Crunch, and is the new transition into Feast Picking. I don't wait to spoil it too much, all I can say it involves a live gold fish, goldfish cracker snacks and the gipads. Enjoy it!

Last time I was there was back in 2011, you can see the video the wife and I put together here.
http://vimeo.com/24352431

We are staying a full week on property at Castaway Bay, so we'll be taking in two full days of the park, along with a swim and relax day mid week to rest. Totally stoked and can't wait to snap new pictures for you guys. Here is our 2011 pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rotcav/sets/72157626696470301/

Yes they did put the new skit in back in March. The skit immediately follows Capn' Crunch, and is the new transition into Feast Picking. I don't wait to spoil it too much, all I can say it involves a live gold fish, goldfish cracker snacks and the gipads. Enjoy it!

<nerd> Huh, I thought it went Crunch -> Drumbone -> Feat Picking, could be crazy thought. Sounds cool though! I saw the new version of the show in August and was like "where's Marbles"? lol I'm going to LA in the winter and hopefully take a day to see Vegas and the new show there.</nerd>

Now back to your regularly scheduled Cedar Point thread.

Hope the weather is good for you. GateKeeper tends to be prone to high wind closures but the weather is getting nicer up here in Ohio so you should be fine.

Millennium Force is still my favorite. Maverick is a great coaster but IMO it's overrated which is difficult to say but it always has hour & a half to two hour wait times. It's great but the load time is horrid.

Have a great trip!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that loves Maverick. A totally underrated roller coaster.

As far as flat rides; ride MaXair and Power Tower for sure. Flats aren't too big at Cedar Point unless you want to ride carnival rides and kiddie rides.

Maverick is far from underrated, it often has the longest line in the park :lol:

As far as flat rides, I'd say Cedar Point actually has a great collection of them...besides MaXair and Power Tower, there's Windseeker, SkyHawk, and several smaller classic ones like the Cedar Downs carousel, Matterhorn, Scrambler, Troika, etc.

Last edited:
Windseeker sucks, don't ride it. Although I ride the one at Kings Island - the one at Cedar Point probably gives awesome views. And it's Skyhawk. I can't believe I forgot about that. I loved that ride.

I like WindSeeker. Nothing fancy about it but justinmb98 is right, the Cedar Point one gives a wonderful view not only of the park but the lake & beyond. Only thing I don't care for is the amount of down time. I know they had to shut a majority of them down due to evac problems. Hopefully with that out of the way no it'll run on a more consistent basis.

Last edited:
I was just wondering how busy would crowds be during July 14-16, thats a Sunday through Tuesday.

You should be fine. It's going to have the normal teenagers who can drive since school's out but since you're going early in the week most of the local families that come with kids shouldn't be there because the parents work.

I'm taking this coming Tuesday off to go & hoping for light to moderate crowds but if you're going to be there for 3 days that should give you plenty of time to cover everything maybe 2-3 times. :)

Just so you guys know, be sure to follow my updates via Twitter and Instagram as I'll be take pics and tweeting during my park adventures, hehe. Boarding passes printed, and bags are packed, we leave Monday morning 6AM. I'll be tweeting during the trip, so be sure to follow and check in from time to time during the 10th-15th of June.

Twitter : @rotcav
Instagram: rotcav

I REALLY REALLY want to go to Cedar Point! I'm like dying to go. I haven't been there in forever! And the last time I did go I got to experience the opening of Maverick(one of my favorite coasters ever) but Top Thrill Dragster was having problems.

Just spent the whole day up there yesterday & was able to do most of the big coasters. We probably could have done more but since we are fairly close & have APs we don't rush when we go anymore. We didn't walk in until around noon & left just after 10pm. We were able to do GateKeeper twice, Millennium Force, Maverick, Magnum XL-200, Gemini, Iron Dragon, Cedar Creek Mine Ride, WindSeeker, & the Big Wheel, as well as some smaller rides like The Scrambler, & Antique Cars.

Most of the lesser thrill coasters were walk-ons or 15 minute waits. My advice to anyone going this year though is this: Unless you are planning to be there right at opening & can assure a low wait for GateKeeper since it is the closest, newest coaster, it's not worth your time to wait over an hour. This is not a knock on the coaster because trust me, it's amazing. However, you can get a lot done while everyone else heads to GateKeeper early.

Your best bet would be to head towards the back of the park & get Maverick out of the way first. Maverick is consistently an hour & a half to 2 hour wait. Especially now with people paying absurd amounts of $ for Express Passes. After that hit, Magnum & Top Thrill Dragster (which went down on 3 separate occasions where we got in line for it so we skipped it for the day). We went back to GateKeeper around 3ish & only waited 45 minutes, then towards the end of the night we caught it before closing & only waited about 20 minutes.

You can take your own course obviously but just wanted to throw out some recommendations.

PS- If you have a fear of spiders, don't touch ANY railings as you're going up the ramp in line to Millennium Force!!! That queue is littered with huge spiders. I don't believe any of them are harmful but they are creeeeeeepy! I had to yank my girlfriend back as one lowered itself down from the lighting beam near the unload station while standing in line.

PSS- They're also having issues with midges EVERYWHERE. I believe it happens about every year. They are a fly/mosquito looking insect but they don't bite, they're just annoying.

Yeah, the midges are there every year about this time. They should be gone in another week or two, I believe. I once made the mistake of riding Millennium Force in the front row with a white t-shirt early in the season…covered in black spots when I got off. Also, the spider war is never ending there. It gets downright scary during the end of summer heading into Halloweekends. If you don't like spiders, don't hang around Blue Streak at night, they love that ride.

Yeah, the midges are there every year about this time. They should be gone in another week or two, I believe. I once made the mistake of riding Millennium Force in the front row with a white t-shirt early in the season…covered in black spots when I got off. Also, the spider war is never ending there. It gets downright scary during the end of summer heading into Halloweekends. If you don't like spiders, don't hang around Blue Streak at night, they love that ride.

Yea, a friend & I decided to ride in the front row of MF at night about 3 years ago because we never had before. Bad decision... we were picking bugs out of our hair & they were all over our clothes. Oh well, not much would stop me from riding MF. Still my favorite coaster.

Do you work at CP? maXair by chance? Haha.