Star Wars Themed Land Speculation | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars Themed Land Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is still the Star Wars Land thread, right?

I certainly do fear the rumors that Disney will try to put Star Wars and Cars Lands into Hollywood Studios for a "small" budget of $600M. I assume most of the $1B put into DCA was attributable to Cars Land, but maybe there are quite a bit of savings from cloning the existing land. I personally couldn't care less about a Cars Land. With Test Track at Epcot, I don't see the need for another attraction using the same ride system. Although I know it's been huge for DCA, so they probably can't afford to not clone it somewhere.

In any case, I hope they are saving a lot on Cars Land and earmarking most of that budget to Star Wars Land. Again, maybe savings can be found there if they are already working on similar lands in other Disney parks.

But the land areas the rumors are talking about (replacing either Muppet Vision and HISTK play area on one side of Star Tours, or replacing Backlot Express and Indiana Jones on the other side) don't seem big enough to me if they hope to do any kind of justice to it. Either of those areas is considerably smaller than either the WWoHP Phase 1 or the Cars Land areas. If they asked me, I'd recommend they use both of those alternative areas and combine them into one large Star Wars Land. Then they would have room to really explore two or three areas of the Star Wars galaxy.

Actually, I want to ammend my previous post. The only way to do justice to the Star Wars Galaxy is to open a new gate.

One other idea: they could open a Star Wars land at each Disney Parks resort around the world, and dedicate each one to a different planet. I would hate this... but it would be an interesting way to do it.

Could they move the road that leads to the parking entrance that is on the south side of the park to fee up some land?

Could they? Yes.

But it's not going to happen.

The only way to do justice to the Star Wars Galaxy is to open a new gate.

I don't agree here. Star Wars is vast, but honestly has very few attraction opportunities before it gets repetitive. Basically everything would revolve around ship to ship battles.

I'm starting to think negative, what if they only put in a Star Wars restaurant and more shopping with Star Tours being the only attraction? Then Cars land only having a truncated RSR with a restaurant and a bunch merchandise locations.

I'm starting to think negative, what if they only put in a Star Wars restaurant and more shopping with Star Tours being the only attraction? Then Cars land only having a truncated RSR with a restaurant and a bunch merchandise locations.

I guess anything is possible really. That would suck though since im hoping for something decent for SW. As for Radiator Springs, im hoping we get some of the shops like DCA but for photography reasons :lol:

I guess anything is possible really. That would suck though since im hoping for something decent for SW. As for Radiator Springs, im hoping we get some of the shops like DCA but for photography reasons :lol:

Cars land certainly is gorgeous and the street and stores would be awesome for photography. I really hope we get a full Cars land experience and a new E-ticket included in the SW land if they do both happen it's just the rumored budget was getting me to think negative.

They're will be another Star Wars attraction. Rumor is a Star Wars version of the TRON Lightcycle coaster from Shanghai.

Also, Whylightbulb has confirmed these plans are accurate over on WDWMagic.

Building RSR without the race is completely pointless. What about the scene beforehand where you get new tires or a new paint job, that was entirely to get ready for the race, so will that be taken out too? I'm hoping Disney only builds a complete RSR and makes future plans for even more of a Pixar land ( hopefully there will be an Up ride). They could build RSR with 100 million dollars and then use the other 100 million on Star Wars land or more Pixar. My expectations are going down, but I'm staying optimistic about this park overhaul.

Hey y'all, a bit off topic. But I heard some cool ideas for Star Wars rides on these boards, I was pretty bored last couple days, so for fun I did a couple concept pictures for the Land-Speeder ride (with test track tech) idea someone mentioned. Thought I'd share with you guys. They're kinda rough, I did them on my iPad, and I'm waiting for my new stylus.

So for the first pic, I'm not really sure how we got here (because I just started randomly with no story and kinda made it up as I went, but its near the end in the ride at this point). Anyways, I picture it sorta like we come across the sand crawler in a (Tattooine of course) desert canyon after a thrilling encounter with the sand people, from whom we barely escape. And against our better judgment we proceed to enter.

After we enter we accidentally find our way onto an old ore lift, in the dark, damp bowels of the Crawler. It elevates us through the core of the cavernous structure. As we ascend we are given a first hand look at the recycling and material processing center, where salvaged metals are melted down and readied to be repurposed.
URL=http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/ChrisM3113/media/image_zpsd3c93ad1.jpg.html]
image_zpsd3c93ad1.jpg
[/URL]

(This is where I kinda took some creative liberties, to drive the story along) anyways, unfortunately for us, when we arrive at our destination, atop of the crawler in the upper robot storage/ prison depot, we learn we are to be sold at a high profit to Jabba the Hut. He's plansning to hold a big party. And the main entertainment of the evening will be a fight to the death, us pitted against his beloved and monstrous Rancor!

That's all the pics I did. The way I picture the rest of the ride is... We are transported into the main chamber of Jabba's palace via a carbonate pod large enough to fit our speeder. We are presented to the grotesque gangster so he can hear us cry for mercy and beg to forgo our fate. The vile Jabba is unmoved by our pleads, we free fall into the pit (hence the lift in the previous scene) to face our demise. So Yata yata... We escape the (animatronic) Rancor, bust out of the palace and speed across the desert over hilly dunes and banking curves for the finale. So obviously this is a very rough idea and needs a lot of work and filler, but let me know what you all think!

Reactions: natespf
I believe that all DHS is getting concerning Star Wars is the Mos Eisley Spaceport.

And who knew that Pandora and Endor were right next to each other?

Oh, the Wonders of Star Wars. And....hmmm, seems I'm leaving one out..

Disney won't cheap out on Star Wars land, they must know how disappointed people (not just fans) would be. If they really have respect for the franchise and are serious about bringing these experiences to life AND if they're tired of being under the Hogwarts shadow then they CAN'T cheap out...or so we hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.