Star Wars Themed Land Speculation | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars Themed Land Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope we get some quality additions in DHS...and please give the park a water ride! It gets so freaking hot here and I think each park should have at least one water ride.

Spider-man is a stretch. Cat in the Hat ain't no E-ticket. Plus it spins like crazy.

Testtrack was talking a Pirates/Mansion that EVERYONE can ride no matter what.

And I don't mean just height requirements. Not everyone likes or can ride intense rides, even if they fit into the height restrictions. My mom can ride ToT, but hates the drop feeling. Mike from Penny-Arcade can't handle intense rides, and this was a comic he drew based on his experience:

i-pNxVxCD-950x10000.jpg

I stumbled into the bathroom where my Fruit Loops made their own forbidden journey. Some part of my brain noticed that Moaning Myrtle was laughing at me and I appreciated the attention to detail.

Universal doesn't have a IASW, TTA, Pooh, HM, Jungle Cruse, or whatever level attraction that the whole family can ride. How many times do you hear people talk about taking extended family, toddlers to grandparents, to Universal? That's why I rip my hair out when I hear an omnimover in Jurassic Park is cancelled and a rumored mega coaster is put in place. I want to take my mom to Universal to experience their styles of themed attraction, and can't. From casual conversations in Orlando, I'm far from the only one to think that way.

I honestly want to see Star Wars come to Disney. At first I hated the idea because somewhere deep down in my universal heart I hate Disney (simply because its offerings dont appease my sense of thrill or wallet). But I swear if Disney could actually go all out with this and avatar I would honestly desire to go to Disney. Maybe not so much Magic Kingdom but if they did these lands right I would make trips to DHS, DAK, and Epcot (i love the food :lol: )

And I don't mean just height requirements. Not everyone likes or can ride intense rides, even if they fit into the height restrictions. My mom can ride ToT, but hates the drop feeling. Mike from Penny-Arcade can't handle intense rides, and this was a comic he drew based on his experience:

i-pNxVxCD-950x10000.jpg

Universal doesn't have a IASW, TTA, Pooh, HM, Jungle Cruse, or whatever level attraction that the whole family can ride. How many times do you hear people talk about taking extended family, toddlers to grandparents, to Universal? That's why I rip my hair out when I hear an omnimover in Jurassic Park is cancelled and a rumored mega coaster is put in place. I want to take my mom to Universal to experience their styles of themed attraction, and can't. From casual conversations in Orlando, I'm far from the only one to think that way.

This is the beauty of Universal and Disney though. This is what creates the theme park wars and what provides each park to thrive towards a goal. Universal is simply put the thrill destination of Orlando while Disney is the family oriented Destination of orlando. What makes these two beautiful is that Universal, if wanting to compete with Disney, has to orient their parks to attract BOTH styles of guest. While Disney has to focus on attracting the thrill seekers as well if they want to continue to compete with Universal and beat them. In terms of overall success Disney is winning to the naked eye. But when it comes down to it Universal is making huge strides to catch up to Disney. Theme park wars arent won by sitting idle but picking the strengths and weaknesses of the competition and capitalizing on each of these. :thumbs:

Reactions: Themeparkvigilante
Call me selfish but I don't get caught up on the Universal needs more kids rides. It is a thrill park but personally I feel like they have tons of rides families can go on. Another thing you would be surprised how many 10 year olds I see go on rides like ROTM or HRRR. I do feel like they could use a couple more authentic and neat dark rides but that's about it. Also we have three more new kids/family rides coming Universal in Hogwarts Express, Gringotts and Kang/Kodos.

Call me selfish but I don't get caught up on the Universal needs more kids rides. It is a thrill park but personally I feel like they have tons of rides families can go on. Another thing you would be surprised how many 10 year olds I see go on rides like ROTM or HRRR. I do feel like they could use a couple more authentic and neat dark rides but that's about it. Also we have three more new kids/family rides coming Universal in Hogwarts Express, Gringotts and Kang/Kodos.

Cedar Point is a thrill park. Universal I wouldn't necessarily call a thrill park. Count me in as one who would love to see some family rides with no height restrictions

Cedar Point is a thrill park. Universal I wouldn't necessarily call a thrill park. Count me in as one who would love to see some family rides with no height restrictions
:inquisitive:

[video=youtube;fTHL0MAWkmY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTHL0MAWkmY[/video]

Are we talking about the same parks that hold the Hulk, FJ, Spiderman, TF, ROTM, HRRR, DC, JRPA, and Dudley? I mean sure USF can't necessarily be compared as a thrill park but I was speaking of the entire resort as a whole.

:inquisitive:

[video=youtube;fTHL0MAWkmY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTHL0MAWkmY[/video]

Are we talking about the same parks that hold the Hulk, FJ, Spiderman, TF, ROTM, HRRR, DC, JRPA, and Dudley? I mean sure USF can't necessarily be compared as a thrill park but I was speaking of the entire resort as a whole.

His original post was strictly about USF itself as was my post. I should have made that a little more clear.

Oh you know what? I couldve swore you quoted me when you first said Uni wasnt necessarily a thrill park....I now see you were speaking to him...:doh: :lol:

:lol: happens to the best of us

- - - Updated - - -

This is the beauty of Universal and Disney though. This is what creates the theme park wars and what provides each park to thrive towards a goal. Universal is simply put the thrill destination of Orlando while Disney is the family oriented Destination of orlando. What makes these two beautiful is that Universal, if wanting to compete with Disney, has to orient their parks to attract BOTH styles of guest. While Disney has to focus on attracting the thrill seekers as well if they want to continue to compete with Universal and beat them. In terms of overall success Disney is winning to the naked eye. But when it comes down to it Universal is making huge strides to catch up to Disney. Theme park wars arent won by sitting idle but picking the strengths and weaknesses of the competition and capitalizing on each of these. :thumbs:

See I totally agree with this :thumbs:

I agree. In fact, I don't remember my exact age, but I was 10 or younger when I first went to Uni on a birthday trip. Me, my sister (who is a year younger than me), my cousin (who is my age), his sister (teenager at the time), their parents, my parents, and my pregnant step-neice all went together. While my neice didn't go on much and was only their for the afternoon, we all had a very enjoyable time and I went on everything USF had to offer. I loved it all and was thrilled when, two years later, I went again for a week in the summer and got to go to IoA. I think people underestimate Universal's family sellability. Part of the reason the parks are so special to me is because of this first experience. I was still a kid at the time, entering 5th grade, and it was one of the coolest trips I ever went on...
So I don't think Universal should be overly worried about making a 'everyone can ride' attraction. Could they add another omnimover? Absolutely. Will it make a major overall difference? I don't really think so.

So RSR without the race portion? For a ride already without that "wow" moment taking away the racing portion seems like a terrible idea. Skip, is this due to land or money? Or do I even have to ask since we are dealing with TDO here...

My personal wishes for WDW through 2018

MK- 2014=Seven Dwarves Mine Train, 2016=Tangled Mini-Land with dark ride and Snuggly Duckling restaurant
EPCOT- 2015= Soarin' Around The World update
DHS- 2014= Close Indiana Jones, Backlot Tour, and Lights Motors Action, 2015= Great Movie Ride overhaul and remove Sorcerer Hat, 2016= PIXAR Land update with Monsters Inc., Radiator Springs Racers, and Incredibles attractions, 2018= Lucasfilm Land with Star Wars Mini-Land and Indiana Jones attraction
AK- 2014= Relocate Lion King to Africa and demolish Camp Minnie Mickey, 2017= Open Antarctica Land with Penguin, Polar Bear, and Sea Creatures attractions

You may notice Avatar is missing from my plans. That is because that movie has no draw anymore, unless the sequels stir up the excitement again. But either way I don't think spending money on that is a good gamble. I put an Antarctica/Sea Creatures area to replace it. Disney could do a 300% better job recreating that continent than SeaWrld ever did and it would be hilarious to see Disney slap SeaWorld in the face by doing that land.

And Universal, well Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Cars, Monsters Inc., and Incredibles all put together could certainly take away attention from a certain boy wizard in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.