Star Wars Themed Land Speculation | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars Themed Land Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But I would not call the rest of WWoHP cheap or not the best of Potter. What everyone gets out of Potter is unique to them

That is the truth. My GF gets motion sickness badly and won't ride most rides, but I've had to make a 2000 mile round trip twice now to take her to IOA so she can walk through the land and drink butterbeer. Going to have to take her again next fall when Diagon alley opens.

Spider-man is a stretch. Cat in the Hat ain't no E-ticket. Plus it spins like crazy.

Testtrack was talking a Pirates/Mansion that EVERYONE can ride no matter what.
Spiderman is definitely not what i'd consider a family ride, but MSHI does have one. Storm Force Acceleration. It's pretty much Mad Tea Party on steroids, but still a family ride. There's smaller things to do like Camp Jurrasic and such, but yes, IoA needs help in the family department, apart from Suess Landing. Uni has the stereotype of being purely a thrill park and i'm convinced it comes from IoA. USF is a fairly well balanced park, but IoA is very lopsided.

It DID spin like crazy. It's a lot milder now, and I don't think of Spiderman as that much of a stretch. The average 4 year old is 40 inches, Spiderman's height requirement.
There's a difference in being tall enough to ride and a child being ready to ride though. Spider-man may be one that they could handle, but ToT is a great example of a ride that has a 40 inch height requirement. It takes a lot of courage and build up to even get them to go on it.

Only by the graces of Star Wars Weekends.

So it sounds like this is happening, but the rumors don't make it sound great. If you're hoping for a DCA-level redo, you'll be disappointed.

I'm honestly not even betting on a new ride..just new food and merch options..I hope I'm wrong
As for CarsLand..it is a simple (meaning the A&D is already done) cut and paste to another park so I wouldn't be surprised to see it

There's a difference in being tall enough to ride and a child being ready to ride though. Spider-man may be one that they could handle, but ToT is a great example of a ride that has a 40 inch height requirement. It takes a lot of courage and build up to even get them to go on it.

True points and this is the case with all parks that try and aim variety though. Even Splash Mountain would be more overwhelming than spiderman to most because of the physical drops. The thrill factor is nowhere near that of Tower of Terror but someone might prefer that to simulated free falls and screen motion.
Most 4 year olds can go on spiderman and with excitement.

I remember a lot of four/five year olds going on Back to the Future in 1991. Myself being one of them. There are those who are sensitive to different things but a park can't cater to all of those. Just like there are many who find attractions like Camp Jurassic to be a waste of space. Everything has its audience that it plays too.

Using the logic posted that would make Animal Kingdom and DHS much worse offenders at what an entire family infant included can ride together. Tower and RNR too scary and have height requirements. Star Tours has motion and height requirement. Toy Story Mania is in 3D and spins. The only rides really available for the entire family then is Great Movie Ride and Backlot Tour. But those have a lot of intense theatrical elements.

You have to accept that each attraction will hit audience's levels differently in what they are looking for.

Both WDW and Universal do this very well. They reach to hit many levels for the audience. Sometimes its a swing and a miss but they are the best in the industry at it.

Last edited:
Rumor is we aren't getting a cloned Cars Land. Smaller RSR without the race portion and no Luigi's

What.. on Earth would be the point of this? That's like if they built Transformers here without the chase scenes.

What.. on Earth would be the point of this? That's like if they built Transformers here without the chase scenes.
Probably an excuse of that portion being similar to Test Track, however it's all about budget in the grand scheme of things. Supposedly they're trying to do the whole DHS redo for <$600M.

Rumor is we aren't getting a cloned Cars Land. Smaller RSR without the race portion and no Luigi's

Whats the point then of them using that ride system if they aren't going to use it for the speed parts. At that point they might as well just stick a lightning bolt onto a clam omni mover and call it a day :lol:

Whats the point then of them using that ride system if they aren't going to use it for the speed parts. At that point they might as well just stick a lightning bolt onto a clam omni mover and call it a day :lol:

LMAO. I can't.

RSR is the only worthwhile thing in Carsland. The rest of the land is well themed but basically a ton of dead space(also redundant since RSR takes you through the town itself as well). They should clone RSR and dump the rest of the land in favor of attractions based on other Pixar IP's. Just my opinion.

RSR is the only worthwhile thing in Carsland. The rest of the land is well themed but basically a ton of dead space(also redundant since RSR takes you through the town itself as well). They should clone RSR and dump the rest of the land in favor of attractions based on other Pixar IP's. Just my opinion.

Exactly. Instead of Cars land build a PIXAR land. They could have really cool dark rides themed to movies like Monsters Inc., UP, and The Incredibles. And I agree they should have a clone of RSR. Then right near it they should have Star Wars land of course. If they were to nut up and actually do this they could keep pace with Universal.

Last edited:
If this happens...I'm blaming you haha

Exactly. Instead of Cars land build a PIXAR land. They could have really cool dark rides themed to movies like Monsters Inc., UP, and The Incredibles. And I agree they should have a clone of RSR. Then right near it they should have Star Wars land of course. If they were to nut up and actually do this they could keep pace with Universal.

I love that idea..so many properties and ideas..I want a full RSR or no RSR

First of all, what is D23?

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a Star Wars land, IF (and a big IF) Disney does it right, which they probably won't. Seeing Disney characters like Mickey and Minnie dressed as Star Wars characters makes me cringe, and they would probably Disney-fy and cutesy up the whole area. What I would love would be for them to build a Star Wars land the way Universal would build it, like Potter, true to the franchise and without any bleed over from other things.

I would also love RSR in the park, but as far as where all this goes, well, I am not real familiar with DHS. I went there this year for the first time in years, because I have never found that park very exciting, and my recent visit didn't change my opinion. But if they really amped it up, I may actually think about getting an AP.

However, I think that if Disney does do this, they will go cheap and f**k it up, and take forever doing it.

First of all, what is D23?

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a Star Wars land, IF (and a big IF) Disney does it right, which they probably won't. Seeing Disney characters like Mickey and Minnie dressed as Star Wars characters makes me cringe, and they would probably Disney-fy and cutesy up the whole area. What I would love would be for them to build a Star Wars land the way Universal would build it, like Potter, true to the franchise and without any bleed over from other things.

I would also love RSR in the park, but as far as where all this goes, well, I am not real familiar with DHS. I went there this year for the first time in years, because I have never found that park very exciting, and my recent visit didn't change my opinion. But if they really amped it up, I may actually think about getting an AP.

However, I think that if Disney does do this, they will go cheap and f**k it up, and take forever doing it.

D23 is pretty much a Disney fan club that has a large pow wow every 2 years and during that they usually announce nee things for P&Rs.

Personally they could make the whole park Star Wars, PIXAR, and maybe something like Indiana Jones and I would be happy. But of course keep Tower Of Terror and Aerosmith. And Star Tours and Toy Story could blend into the lands.

Last edited:

agree and i still think an incredibles attraction would be really cool

Status
Not open for further replies.