Springfield Expansion | Page 292 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The original concept was a full bar, lots of Duff, and finger foods. Disneyhead and I enjoyed a few beers there and I was very closely watching techs from vendors work on several fixes. Unfortunately I think the bar may have scrapped but again we shall see.

I feel bad for the bartenders during HHN if that's the case. They'd be rolling in money.

Thematically, I suppose liquor fits in better at Moes, but we need to see if that is going to settle into being more of a bar than overflow seating for FFB.

Grrrr..... guess I won't be going to Uni if the walls are still up. Wonder what the issue is since employees were on it yesterday.

This may sound stupid, but maybe they're delaying the opening until whenever they get new maps in. I believe the current maps in use are good until today or tomorrow (you know how Universal prints the hours of operation for the whole week on their maps), and the maps in use still have no Springfield artwork, and still a star where the spinner should be saying "Coming Soon: Kodos & Kang Hurl & Twirl". It seems like the two would be irrelevant but you never know. Maybe they're just waiting on new maps to be printed so they can give the ride proper billing and update the artwork around the World Expo area.

Just my far-fetched guess.

This may sound stupid, but maybe they're delaying the opening until whenever they get new maps in. I believe the current maps in use are good until today or tomorrow (you know how Universal prints the hours of operation for the whole week on their maps), and the maps in use still have no Springfield artwork, and still a star where the spinner should be saying "Coming Soon: Kodos & Kang Hurl & Twirl". It seems like the two would be irrelevant but you never know. Maybe they're just waiting on new maps to be printed so they can give the ride proper billing and update the artwork around the World Expo area.

Just my far-fetched guess.

New maps are scheduled for 8/18.

Are team members still riding it? This is the last form of testing and it should of wrapped up last night unless something went wonky... Im paying a visit in the morning...

IoA has an overabundance of water rides, no matter the placement.

It only seems like that because they're all in the top left corner of the park. I wouldn't mind the rumored Wonka family boat ride though since it'll be like POTC or Small World rather than a thrill ride but I'd definitely say all future water rides should come to USF

20130810_193736_zpseeec254c.jpg

Let the records show that I had Duff Gardens first Captain & Coke! Note the liquor at the bar....started at 7pm

Last edited:
So I was lucky enough to ride this today...Nothing really crazy we didn't know.
The spaceships go up and down, you try to align your ship with the targets and if you do, the target flips around and you hear the character say something quick and funny.
There are misting fans and queue videos in the line.
If I had any complaint, it is the ships (or at least my ship) is kind of slow to respond to the joystick movement.
If anybody has any questions I'll be online for a bit.

Oh btw...jealous?