Falcon's Fury | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Falcon's Fury

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Heres another wrench thrown into the equation.

now, if Drop tower at carowinds has these ride stats:
172ft tower
160ft drop
100ft freefall
60ft braking
60MPH

How can FF tower almost double the height of drop tower but have the same speed???

I really doubt the structure on top will be 30ft...

Last edited:

172ft tower
160ft drop
100ft freefall
60ft braking
60MPH

How can FF tower almost double the height of drop tower but have the same speed???

I understand FF may have longer braking/compensate for air resistance as was discussed, but that's a pretty ridiculous difference. Something just seems off.

Ok ok...this picture...
tlride.jpg

leads me to believe that a 30ft difference is pretty believable...

vs.

drop tower where you really make it to the top fo the tower...
hqdefault.jpg

172ft tower
160ft drop
100ft freefall
60ft braking
60MPH

I've been wondering the same thing and had a thought today. Perhaps there is a longer stretch of break track to account for the fact that riders will be in a face-down position. Coming to a rapid stop while seated is one thing, but it isn't comfortable to put a lot of force on the frontside of the body. So, to make the stop a little less uncomfortable, they start breaking earlier and with less intensity, resulting in a top speed that is much less than what we would theoretically see at that height.

You know what might be scarier, that once you get to the top it puts you on your back. Let's be thankful. Lmaoo

I was at Busch Gardens Thursday and took some pics of Falcon's Fury enjoy.

Wow! You can now see construction from a distance.

Some pics of the nice looking construction wall.

As you can see some new poles have erected maybe for a sign ?

A close up of the poles.

A close up of the drop.

I still cant believe how tall this thing will be look forward to seeing it and possibly riding it.

I didn't realize the site was so large until I went the other day. In my head I just saw a little fenced off area around where the sandstorm was, and I did not think about all the heavy machinery that would be required. So are they going to reopen the kids area after FF is done? Or is that area going to be turned into a falcon exhibit?

All of those large poles seen are support structures, over the past few weeks they have been working only during the night for guest safety due to the height of the structures, now all of them have been pounded into the ground so you literally can't see them anymore. And as far as I know the kids area will return, they have been using the service road right next to them to enter the construction area, but all of the planes are still intact from the children's ride.

Looks similar to hurukan Condor from Port Aventura, which is a European sister park from Universal. (Apologies to those who already know this). It is quite a good ride though.