Falcon's Fury | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Falcon's Fury

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How many of you have been on a drop tower that tilts you 90 degrees before the drop? Can't really know if it is uncomfortable until it's been experienced. :shrug:

UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!

tomgreenunleashfury1010.jpg

How many of you have been on a drop tower that tilts you 90 degrees before the drop? Can't really know if it is uncomfortable until it's been experienced. :shrug:
I admittedly haven't, but I have been on Manta (and while this is different as it's a coaster), and it definitely seems like it'd be uncomfortable without the leg restraints. I can only assume it'd likely be uncomfortable on a drop tower as well.

Agoraphobia at Six Flags Georgia tilts you and it wasn't too bad, not sure if it was 90 degrees...then again it was 100 some odd feet less than this..

I will need a lot of time to psych myself up for this one..I can ride coasters no problem, but drop towers terrify me..not sure why

Wouldn't the force of the drop toss your legs up? I mean Manta your legs would be dangling the entire time. Sheikra is floorless and goes straight down but has no leg restraints because it's just a quick drop, like I imagine this one will be.

how many drop towers tilts you 90 degrees before the drop already open?? I know im kinda in the loop but I don't think any until this one...

So excited for this! I am confused about the speed though. Just for curiosity's sake I looked up KD's Drop Tower which is 305 ft and reaches 72 mph. BGT's will be 335 ft and only reach 60 mph. Maybe it has to be slower to compensate for the 90 degree tilt? Thoughts?

I will definitely be riding this. Won't make a special trip to the park for it but will catch it during a Howl-o-Scream night.

So excited for this! I am confused about the speed though. Just for curiosity's sake I looked up KD's Drop Tower which is 305 ft and reaches 72 mph. BGT's will be 335 ft and only reach 60 mph. Maybe it has to be slower to compensate for the 90 degree tilt? Thoughts?

Greater resistance from airflow comes to mind, but regardless this may become one of the most terrifying attractions ever created.

I'm thinking it may have a shorter drop to compensate for a smoother, longer braking. Also I heard on the video it says almost 30 story drop. Is the park counting the entire height of the tower in the 335ft claim?

I'm thinking it may have a shorter drop to compensate for a smoother, longer braking. Also I heard on the video it says almost 30 story drop. Is the park counting the entire height of the tower in the 335ft claim?

I think it is safe, even 300ft could say "almost 30 story drop".

I'm sure I saw/read something somewhere that the actually drop is more around the 300 ft mark, but the tower is 335.

Edit:
Yep, official site says you climb almost 300 ft.

http://falconsfury.com/en/Parks/BuschGardens_Tampa/Home/Attractions/Rides/Falcons-Fury

Last edited:
Yes, but about 40ft. of that (may actually be more, I've never stood in front of one long enough to really size it up) tower is a section of magnetic brakes. With this tower having you face the ground, I think its a safe bet that the braking zone could be longer to make it more smooth.

i'll ride just about any rollercoaster, but drop towers scare the crap out of me. Just watching the video gave me vertigo