Falcon's Fury | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Falcon's Fury

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
OMG!!! Finally!! We've one-up'd BGW!!!! lol

But in all seriousness if this tower comes out smoothly, it's gonna take the drop tower crown!

So I took some pictures at the press event. It started with a man that I forgot the name of dropping down from the roof to "simulate" the ride. It also showed how it was going to look as you flew down facing the floor after gaining a full view of the Timbuktu area. It really did look intimidating and I can't say for sure if this is something I will ever do. It will be interesting to see if they keep the two kiddy rides considering I'm sure they'll need lockers and a larger queue. They also have a full Falcon's Fury wrap on the construction wall surrounding where Sandstorm was. Oh and the map removed Sandstorm as well.

IMG_4789_zps6cf5bfa7.jpg

IMG_4790_zpscf934a2f.jpg

IMG_4802_zpsfbbfd58f.jpg

IMG_4803_zps2cc476cc.jpg

IMG_4804_zpscdd64140.jpg

IMG_4805_zps62e3c990.jpg

Thanks for the update and pics knockout.

For what it's worth, I actually dig the name. Falcon's Fury is a lot better than Desert Dive. When I hear Desert Dive, I think of some hole in the wall bar in the middle of the Sahara.

Not sure if anything about this was said yet, and I know Spring 2014 has been said over and over again, but they handed out Falcon's Fury bracelets at the event that say "Rising May 2014".

Have I mentioned Jim Dean is doing a great job here...

But most people would prefer this over sandstorm.

It certainly is cool, but there are 4 people that I alredy know that won't ride it. That's everyone in my house. lol. I'm no whimp but I honestly don't like drop towers, and this one is even worse. I've ridden all the rides at B.G. I liked sandstorm, wish they would have just moved it.

This might be popular at first but it won't be years down the road. The drop towers at the fair are always the shortest because people are too scared.

Have I mentioned Jim Dean is doing a great job here...
He really is. When looking at what Sea World is doing and what BGT has been doing over recent years, it really makes you question why Sea World is having so many problems. You'd never guess they're owned by the same company lately.

But most people would prefer this over sandstorm.
Agreed. While it does have some family attractions, BGT is central Florida's thrill park; no doubt about it. Busch is clearly marketing SWO as the family destination and BGT as it's more adventurous brother. Both have animal encounters and kid friendly attractions, but SWO needs to be more family oriented to compete with the mouse and boy wizard, while BGT can be a little more over the top. That's what separates the park from the rest. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Agreed. While it does have some family attractions, BGT is central Florida's thrill park; no doubt about it. Busch is clearly marketing SWO as the family destination and BGT as it's more adventurous brother. Both have animal encounters and kid friendly attractions, but SWO needs to be more family oriented to compete with the mouse and boy wizard, while BGT can be a little more over the top. That's what separates the park from the rest. Just my opinion.
Which is why SWO is struggling imo. They haven't been able to succeed at anything besides animal shows/encounters and thrill rides. Turtle Trek and Antarctica, both aimed for families, have been panned by many, and a big reason why I haven't been back in years, and I they had me wanting to go for Antarctica.

I thought of that concept for a drop tower ages ago but I never taught it would work. Will this thing have leg restraints like flying coasters or will your legs just be dangling when your up there? :happy:

The concept art suggests no leg restraints, but I'd hazard a guess otherwise. It'll be pretty uncomfortable hanging face first with your legs just dangling below you.

From the looks of the restraints(of course, just concept art) It appears very similar to the B&M Flying Coaster type restraints one would find on coasters like Manta.

From the looks of the restraints(of course, just concept art) It appears very similar to the B&M Flying Coaster type restraints one would find on coasters like Manta.
That's what I thought of as well. I would assume that, with it being a 90 degree drop, there would have to be leg restraints like Manta. It would be pretty uncomfortable otherwise.