Falcon's Fury | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Falcon's Fury

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Am I the only one who just can't get excited for a drop tower?
If it was a Dr. Doom type drop tower I wouldn't care at all. a Drop tower like that is a pointless waste of space. This looks pretty cool though and for a drop tower, pretty innovative.

Falcon's Fury sign me up! I was hoping for something different, and BGT delivered. I wasn't expecting the seats to tilt a full 90 degrees, but am glad to see some innovation. Glad I renewed my AP; will definetely be hitting this up next year.

Meh.

:lol:

I hope people enjoy it, but when this rumor first started it gave me no desire to take a trip to BGT.
There's much more reason besides a drop tower to go to BGT. If you can go i'd definitely recommend it. I'd go over DAK anytime. They consistently add things to the parks with high of quality and the theming is much better than it gets credit for. They also have a few really good stage shows... and they're actually live mic'd!

This....This is fantastic! The great thing, to me atleast, about BGT is that I don't go for a certain ride nor does a certain ride draw me in. Rather, it's the collection of rides, animals, and different experiences that they have collectively that draw me there. This will certainly bring a whole new dimension to the park and that 90 degree tilt will make this a stand out among drop towers, let alone its height.

And I love the name but it also resembles Sheikra just a tad but I have no complaints!

Do we know the manufacturer?

Intamin. Which is slightly concerning considering all the downtime acrophobia has and that's only a 45 degree seat tilt. Anyone that's been on drop zone at either King's can attest these are pretty darn intimidating and this has a 90 degree tilt added to that. Looking forward to this as its a good change of pace for BGT.

Last edited:
Falcon's Fury Rises at Busch Gardens Tampa in 2014

[video=youtube;y4uKOsogphs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=y4uKOsogphs[/video]
My reaction.
Ok a new ride for Busch Gardens Tampa :smiley:
Oh it's a drop tower :blank:
A 335 feet high drop tower :doggie:
With a 90 degree tilt :jaw:

You know what im most happy about. BGT finally put all the know it alls to rest about them not allowed to build anything higher than 200ft.

There's a difference between being a know-it-all and inferring information that you share to contribute to conversation :thumbs:

Holy ****. This thing looks insane!

Loved the promo video, but couldn't help but think the voiceover was a little cheesy. Reminded me of the radio stations on GTA.

For some reason Drop Tower type rides have always scared me more than any coaster. And when I saw the height I was getting nervous just thinking about it. But then I saw you lay on your stomach at 90 degrees dropping at 300 feet my jaw literally dropped. This is going to be the scariest ride in Florida. Side Note: There are a lot of Dr. Doom haters out there but the part where you literally fly are out of your seat doesn't excite anyone? That's what has always made that ride for me.

Official Release:

For more than five decades Busch Gardens Tampa has delivered some of the world’s most exciting thrills. Rides like Cheetah Hunt, SheiKra, Montu and Kumba have set the stage, and Busch Gardens is ready to drop big news.

In spring 2014 Busch Gardens Tampa is taking guests’ experiences to new heights with Falcon’s Fury, the first drop tower of its kind in the world. Additionally, with no connecting structures, it will be the tallest freestanding drop tower in North America.

Falcon’s Fury
No bird can match the speed of a falcon in its hunting dive. The falcon is the fastest animal on Earth, reaching speeds of 200 mph. Designers were inspired by this bird of prey during the development of the new attraction.

Falcon’s Fury will stand at 335 feet and take riders soaring 60 mph straight down. Located in the Timbuktu area, Falcon’s Fury will be visible from any location in the park and even across the Tampa Bay area.

At the ride’s highest point Busch Gardens has added an element of surprise. Like its bird of prey namesake, riders will pivot 90 degrees in midair to a face-down dive position. An instant later they'll plunge 60 mph at 3.5 Gs straight down with speed and power like they’ve likely never experienced before.

Construction in the Timbuktu area of the park has already begun, and Falcon’s Fury is scheduled for completion in spring 2014. For more updates about Falcon’s Fury at Busch Gardens Tampa, go to FalconsFury.com or drop in to BuschGardensTampaBlog.com.

This doesn't scare me at all. I guarantee I won't be scared standing at the side watching this thing go up and down. But you will never, ever, get me on it. I swear to god, I watched that video, and a little bit of wee came out.:rofl::rofl:

I thought of that concept for a drop tower ages ago but I never taught it would work. Will this thing have leg restraints like flying coasters or will your legs just be dangling when your up there? :happy: