Falcon's Fury | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Falcon's Fury

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just looked up an Intamin Gyro. At 330' tall, this thing will be balls scary.

Indeed it would be, I've been on the one shown here and it's 315' tall. It was terrifying!

5eabf02c591f1a4354be9136038330b4.jpg

I've always thought BGT was due for a drop tower.

For a park that is built for thrills and has one of the greatest steel coaster collections in the world it's beyond overdue. This has been in the pipeline for many many years and its great to see them build something worthwhile that's not a coaster.

For a park that is built for thrills and has one of the greatest steel coaster collections in the world it's beyond overdue. This has been in the pipeline for many many years and its great to see them build something worthwhile that's not a coaster.

I agree, BGT needs more variety. If you aren't into animals and aren't 5 years old, all there is to do there is roller coasters, and a few things like bumper cars or water rides. As of now, a trip to BGT for me and my buddies takes three hours MAX. A drop tower is a step in the right direction for sure, and I hope Timbuktu keeps adding things to do.

Indeed it would be, I've been on the one shown here and it's 315' tall. It was terrifying!

5eabf02c591f1a4354be9136038330b4.jpg

Ah Drop Tower at KD! That thing was super amazing!

I agree that the park has been long overdue for a drop tower. I'm also very excited that we could be getting one of the world's tallest drop towers (330 ft would tie this with Hurakan Condor at Port Aventura as 5th tallest. And the 304 ft drop will make this drop taller than Condor's 283 ft drop).

I thought the plans for this had fallen through after all talk of it disappeared last year. Glad to see they're ready to announce it.

I'm not really the greatest fan of Drop Towers, so this looks like it could be my vision of hell.

The sound of 330 ft. makes me happy. I was concerned we were getting something around the 200 mark. While I miss the Sandstorm, this tower now has me excited.

The press conference is next week right?

I thought the plans for this had fallen through after all talk of it disappeared last year. Glad to see they're ready to announce it.

I'm not really the greatest fan of Drop Towers, so this looks like it could be my vision of hell.

To my knowledge the original tower was supposed to be built my Moser but due to all the problems BGW was having with theirs they canned the project and have since resolved the issues. I'm pretty sure were going to see something from Intamin but Moser wouldn't surprise me since BGT had issues with Intamin themselves with CH.

The sound of 330 ft. makes me happy. I was concerned we were getting something around the 200 mark. While I miss the Sandstorm, this tower now has me excited.

The press conference is next week right?

June 11

As some have said BGT certainly needs variety. I say can it on the coasters for NOW, and focus on more attractions that can provide more of a........variety...lol

I feel like they need variety but a drop tower isn't much variety basing it on intensity level. B.G is know for it's thrills but they should have at least a dark ride or simulator. I hate drop towers. Too intense for my liking.

I love "Power Tower" in Cedar Point because it's not only huge but it shoots up and down. Will this shoot up and shoot down?

Not if it's an Intamin gyro drop tower--those climb up slowly, rotating as they do, and then drop. The vehicles hold lots of people (like up to 80 I believe) and are super heavy, meaning there's no way they'd be able to be thrust upward. Plus, as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong), Intamin drop towers are mainly powered by magnets, whereas hydraulics are needed to shoot rides up like Power Tower or Dr Doom.

Not if it's an Intamin gyro drop tower--those climb up slowly, rotating as they do, and then drop. The vehicles hold lots of people (like up to 80 I believe) and are super heavy, meaning there's no way they'd be able to be thrust upward. Plus, as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong), Intamin drop towers are mainly powered by magnets, whereas hydraulics are needed to shoot rides up like Power Tower or Dr Doom.

Power Tower, Dr Doom, and all the S&S creations use compressed air for launching

Just thinking here...currently all drop towers in fla shoot you up and down at some point during your ride right? So its about time for something "traditional! Lol...