Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^^^ November 17, and no, my reasoning behind the statement I said about it not happening has nothing to do with Whylightbulbs.

No it is going to happen! I just don't put other 0.1% because budget cuts can happen etc...

IMO, Its happening for sure. universal will become more family friendly. tyler is onto a good point, I feel we wont be seeing anymore kid rides and see more family rides which all members of the family will enjoy. IMO, JP, the kid zone, then Suess will be the order. going from IOA back to universal back to IAO. I think this is how the resort will expand their attractions - going from one park to another. Since Diagon alley and HE will be open next year, we will see more people in the HP areas than anywhere else. After that they will work on JP which is right next door to HP - so now you have guest in the HP and JP area, then they can get on HE to go DA. that way they can keep building without ruining the guest experience. IMo of course :)

I think Suess will come before kidzone, ive heard Kidzone will be a very, very, very slow re-theming- like one day they close wood pecker, put walls up, re-theme it for like 2 weeks, them open it, then they move on to the next thing.

But what does the Dippin Dots guy say? :p

All I can think is there must be a bunch of people at Universal creative laughing their asses off at all this speculation and tracing all these rumors that they started back to their sources to figure out where all the leaks were coming from. We heard that they were going to send out false rumors to ferret out the leaks, and here they are, so take half of what you read/hear with a grain of salt...just try to figure out which half. In the mean time I'll stick with the sources that have been proven right time and time again. :cheers:

But what does the Dippin Dots guy say? :p

All I can think is there must be a bunch of people at Universal creative laughing their asses off at all this speculation and tracing all these rumors that they started back to their sources to figure out where all the leaks were coming from. We heard that they were going to send out false rumors to ferret out the leaks, and here they are, so take half of what you read/hear with a grain of salt...just try to figure out which half. In the mean time I'll stick with the sources that have been proven right time and time again. :cheers:

They're laughing at this thread right now I promise you that but then again who isn't.

Didn't Jwhee used to be a sane person? Or am I confusing them with someone else?

I've been led to believe the Lorax is dead simply due to marketability. Apparently the suits think this attraction would get lost among Potter advertising and not bring in the crowds a stronger more well known character could. Does this mean we could see the Grinch come to life? Possibly... But whatever happens in Seuss Landing it seems it will not involve the Lorax.

Whylightbulb had it correct from the get go so shout out to him!

I've been led to believe the Lorax is dead simply due to marketability. Apparently the suits think this attraction would get lost among Potter advertising and not bring in the crowds a stronger more well known character could. Does this mean we could see the Grinch come to life? Possibly... But whatever happens in Seuss Landing it seems it will not involve the Lorax.

Now, if they were to do a grinch ride, do you really see it being a family coaster kind of thing? Because the way I see it is that they wouldnt put another one after puttin in the JP family coaster. Although, If they were to put an actual Mt.Crumpit Facade Behind 1FTF and the cat in the hat, it would look awesome

So there's no chance of bringing the Lorax ride until after Potter cools down?

The problem is that The Lorax ride concept that UniCreative loves so much is a big budget state of the art trackless multi-media E Ticket and the suits have never been sold on it's ROI potential. And while Pooh's Hunny Hunt gets HUGE lines in Tokyo, the UniSuits aren't convinced that a lesser known IP with a knock you socks off ride will up attendance #s or move merchandise. The Grinch? Well, he already moves a bunch of merchandise without a ride. The thinking is a $45M Matterhorn style Mt. Crumpit will pay for itself much, Much, MUCH faster than $90M Lorax ride. More popular IP with a less expensive attraction = $$$$$$