Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If we don't get Lorax, then Mt. Crumpit has to happen. The Grinch has been a draw for years and it's time he had a permanent home.

Mt Crumpit has to be a guarantee at this point with Lorax dead according to HTF and Whylightbulb. However, you have to wonder if IOA will be getting a family dark ride anyone can ride soon seeing how there'd be this, the Amber Mine, and Kong, all rides that'd have some kind of height restriction

Mt Crumpit has to be a guarantee at this point with Lorax dead according to HTF and Whylightbulb. However, you have to wonder if IOA will be getting a family dark ride anyone can ride soon seeing how there'd be this, the Amber Mine, and Kong, all rides that'd have some kind of height restriction

Major family additions are in the works for both parks

They'll leave room for a Lorax dark ride somewhere... and Seuss Trolley/Pteranodon Flyers are both due for upgrades so they're all ages! Neither of them should have a height requirement.

I think Lorax's time has come and gone. If Creative is really enamored with the ride concept, it will live on and hopefully latch on to a better property; see: Van Helsing becoming Forbidden Journey.

I agree. I know that the ride would be good for the park's balance but I don't think Lorax would really be a draw in two years, if they're still riding the movie's coattails. Anything Seuss should get a pass though for being based on classic books.

My guess is that's what will happen: they'll take the Lorax ride concept and change the IP. Voila, an amazing new family (trackless) dark ride experience that delivers based on a popular, attendance-driving IP. Win for everyone. And as ReelJustice has mentioned, Universal has a track-record of doing just such a thing.

My guess is that's what will happen: they'll take the Lorax ride concept and change the IP. Voila, an amazing new family (trackless) dark ride experience that delivers based on a popular, attendance-driving IP. Win for everyone. And as ReelJustice has mentioned, Universal has a track-record of doing just such a thing.
Case in point: Apollo 13 to Mummy

Wait... They were going to have a Dracula themed land before they went with Harry Potter? :lol:

Not Dracula land, just a Van Helsing ride, using high end tech (at the time; 2005) as an achor, and then probably some C and D tickets. Then the movie tanked at the box office and was critically panned and we got Potter instead. Better to sit sometimes than to jump the gun.

I did not know about an Apollo 13 ride. Was it to be an indoor coaster like Mummy?

I did not know about an Apollo 13 ride. Was it to be an indoor coaster like Mummy?

If you google it there was a lot of information on it. Rumors floated around but internet archives from 12 years ago say Intamin had bid on the contract. I imagine it would have been similar to something like Premier was putting out at the time and realistically I think they would have tried to sell Universal on something very similar to Volcano, but without the suspended track. I rule out Intamin Accelarator, just because they were 3 years away from inverted Accelerators at the time of this project being discussed. It must have been 4 years ago but I saw the photos on the this website of some of the blue prints that had gone public on it. It looked to be inverted and launched and that's really all I can remember. If you're highly interested in it, start digging.

Last edited:
http://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/forums/roller-coasters-theme-parks/84430

This link has some detailed speculation about a supposed Apollo 13 ride...whether it's the real deal or not, I'm not sure, it seems the site that launched the original rumor has since been shut down.

From what I gather, the ride would be an indoor roller coaster ride built by Intamin, but the ride vehicles would be fully enclosed and themed to space modules. Out of the windows of these modules would be 3-D projected images which, along with the movement of the coaster track (and possibly the ride vehicle itself?), would help simulate space flight. Kinda sounds like a combination of HE and Gringotts....hmmmm

Last edited: