Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation

http://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/forums/roller-coasters-theme-parks/84430

This link has some detailed speculation about a supposed Apollo 13 ride...whether it's the real deal or not, I'm not sure, it seems the site that launched the original rumor has since been shut down.

From what I gather, the ride would be an indoor roller coaster ride built by Intamin, but the ride vehicles would be fully enclosed and themed to space modules. Out of the windows of these modules would be 3-D projected images which, along with the movement of the coaster track (and possibly the ride vehicle itself?), would help simulate space flight. Kinda sounds like a combination of HE and Gringotts....hmmmm

Honestly this sounds like something I could see Universal reusing in the near future.

Found concept art of the Lorax dark ride.

2itkms3.jpg

(Found it here)
http://www.pinterest.com/stingraytravel/theme-park-attraction-fact-sheet/

Great find. This is definitely taken from the 4K HD bike concept that skewed closer to the plot and characters of the Illumination film, rather than the "hot air balloon" concept that would've involved AAs.

Cant believe Green Eggs and ham is still closed. I thought maybe they would open once it got busy. Seems like a pretty big waste to just be sitting there. If not open it atleast take it down and put something else there.

‘Grinch’ Remake Delayed to 2018 | Variety

Just thought it was curious this would be delayed a whole year since it would easily hold its own against Coco due to name recognition, the timely subject matter (Coco really should be released the beginning of October) and Illumination's stellar ad campaigns.

Could the delay have anything to do with Grinch being IOA's next major addition? (aside from the DC upgrade/revamp)

We're supposed to hear some major news about IOA by the end of this year (per some on OU and WDWMagic). Hulk will reopen by August, Kong will open by July. A DC revamp/upgrade would be a more mid-level addition to pair with something else (similar to how a Hulk upgrade wouldn't be a great "addition" sans Kong).

Avengers has been rumored to be delayed, the JP expansion plans have been discarded, Nintendo is all but confirmed to be the next major USF addition after Fallon/F&F, and SLoP seems to have been a rumor and might start out as a Hollywood exclusive.

Could a Seuss expansion finally be announced?

Who said that we'd be hearing major news about IOA by the end of the year? If its what people are thinking of the DC revamp, I think we still have a while till that announcement draws to the foray.

‘Grinch’ Remake Delayed to 2018 | Variety

Just thought it was curious this would be delayed a whole year since it would easily hold its own against Coco due to name recognition, the timely subject matter (Coco really should be released the beginning of October) and Illumination's stellar ad campaigns.

Could the delay have anything to do with Grinch being IOA's next major addition? (aside from the DC upgrade/revamp)

We're supposed to hear some major news about IOA by the end of this year (per some on OU and WDWMagic). Hulk will reopen by August, Kong will open by July. A DC revamp/upgrade would be a more mid-level addition to pair with something else (similar to how a Hulk upgrade wouldn't be a great "addition" sans Kong).

Avengers has been rumored to be delayed, the JP expansion plans have been discarded, Nintendo is all but confirmed to be the next major USF addition after Fallon/F&F, and SLoP seems to have been a rumor and might start out as a Hollywood exclusive.

Could a Seuss expansion finally be announced?

While it'd be great, I don't think so.

The movie being delayed definitely has nothing to do with a ride. Those two things wouldn't be that intimately linked.

Who said that we'd be hearing major news about IOA by the end of the year? If its what people are thinking of the DC revamp, I think we still have a while till that announcement draws to the foray.

Spirit alleges announcements for both parks is coming by the end of the year.

While it'd be great, I don't think so.

The movie being delayed definitely has nothing to do with a ride. Those two things wouldn't be that intimately linked.

Oh, that's too bad. A Grinch or Whoville mini-land would be a great family addition to IOA and there's already room next to Cat or the possibility of taking over LC.

I'm interested to see what's in store for IOA post-Kong. The plans for IOA seem so fluid at this point :lol: (from nighttime show to Lorax/Grinch to JP family coaster/Mr. DNA dark ride to JP jr. woodie/flat to Avengers replacing Doom to ???)

Oh, that's too bad. A Grinch or Whoville mini-land would be a great family addition to IOA and there's already room next to Cat or the possibility of taking over LC.

I'm not saying it's never gonna happen, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

I'm interested to see what's in store for IOA post-Kong. The plans for IOA seem so fluid at this point :lol: (from nighttime show to Lorax/Grinch to JP family coaster/Mr. DNA dark ride to JP jr. woodie/flat to Avengers replacing Doom to ???)

I mean, a lot of those are rumors. maybe ideas in the heads of UC, but that doesn't mean they're solid "plans"

In a strange way, I think the next big announcement for IOA will be the heavily rumored nighttime show. Especially considering ROK and Hulk, IOA is starting to get back to being more frequent in its nighttime, and doing a big nighttime show (which, i'm thinking WOC style) is actually something that makes sense.

In a strange way, I think the next big announcement for IOA will be the heavily rumored nighttime show. Especially considering ROK and Hulk, IOA is starting to get back to being more frequent in its nighttime, and doing a big nighttime show (which, i'm thinking WOC style) is actually something that makes sense.
It would be a great addition alongside the DC revamp/upgrade. Sounds like it won't happen, sadly.

Personally, I think IOA should have added a lagoon show during the 2012-2014 era to balance out all of the new stuff added to USF.

I'm betting on Nintendo for USF. IoA is more difficult since I've read so much. I would hope for Avengers and DC. It's not like Universal hasn't had two things down and under construction in one park before.

Last edited:
Oh I do not think that at all.:lol:

Last I heard there's little interest in the company in adding a night show to IoA.

This would not surprise me. As awesome as nighttime shows can be.......they can also become a big cluster where people are standing around for hours not spending any money and creating a total hassle for people trying to move around the park. The mindsets of Disney and Universal are different in some ways and nighttime shows seems to be one area that they differ greatly. Universal wants to move people into City Walk at night........not stand around a lagoon for a couple of hours.