Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 335 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More like: You don't remove a great ride just because about 20 people on twitter/fan sites are sad they are reminded they are actually in a theme park and not in the middle of the London countryside when the majority of the guests (who typically have higher per cap spending rates then AP holders) don't care.

Hogsmeade Station is in Scotland, not London.

The other option is to leave them up. The wings aren't going anywhere in a storm. Do billboards get taken down in a hurricane?

- - - Updated - - -

The overlay is cool Matpez!!!

They don't get removed..but depending on severity they do in fact fall...I'm not so worried about the wing honestly..I would imagine Universal is smart enough to make the dragon hurricane proof..

New pavement in London.

From twitter user @MorenaSangre. Retweeted by OI:
Bpi3fVsCUAI5zhZ.jpg:large

^ Yeah. Although the complexities of yellow, double yellow or red depend on the region, county council or borough council, and the time of day!

Does double yellow mean "no parking" in the UK?

Yeah, no parking, Unless you've got a disabled badge.... or are naughty like lots of people!! But you are allowed to stop to allow passengers to get in or out, or to unload/load things into cars.

Red "double yellows"- I've only ever seen in London. We don't have them in my town, or in Liverpool (my closest city) They mean no stopping at all, no exceptions :)

We get red 'clear way' lines around here. Usually around hospitals with narrow access roads.

Single yellows are some kind of parking restriction, like no parking between 10 and 11 am. Which we have near train stations to stop communters parking outside people's houses

By the way (not sure if anyone else mentioned this yet) I learned about the Jaws tribute in Diagon Alley. In the shops with the telescopes (on the upper floors) there are several pieces of the old attraction that have been fashioned into telescopes and other devices.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Any hint of a shark or a fin?

I've always thought it would be great if, maybe in the Gringotts queue, there were a moving painting of an underwater scene with just shimmering light rays through the water and every little while a giant shark would swim through the picture.

Or it could be a painting of a beach scene, and a large fin would appear occasionally. That would be good in Bill Weasley's office; remember he and Fleur have the Shell Cottage by the beach.

And totally off topic, but: For the UK people, regarding the street lines, what do the zigzag lines denote? We don't have anything like those here in the US, but I always see them on Top Gear and other shows. :lol: Just wondering.

And totally off topic, but: For the UK people, regarding the street lines, what do the zigzag lines denote? We don't have anything like those here in the US, but I always see them on Top Gear and other shows. :lol: Just wondering.

Not from England, but according to the pdf linked above its a school zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.