The Tonight Show coming to Universal Orlando | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

The Tonight Show coming to Universal Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Tickets were released again? Was this publicized at all?

The @FallonTonight twitter account mentioned it.

I got the reservation as a anniversary gift for my parents. Wanted to do something special for the 30th anniversary. Told them tonight, they were excited. They always wanted to go to the Tonight Show. Just looking for a place for dinner now.

Last edited:
Saw Jimmy Fallon and crew entering Universal a little after 9pm tonight. Looks like they were going to do some filming in the park. There were barricades and "hot set" signs throughout the park.

From @AutismAtThePark:

"Closer picture of @jimmyfallon at [HASHTAG]#DiagonAlley[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#LondonWaterfront[/HASHTAG] today. [HASHTAG]#potterwatch[/HASHTAG] @UniversalORL [HASHTAG]#autism[/HASHTAG]"

BqIBaR_CIAET1-H.jpg:large

I really don't wanna wear long pants in the scorching Florida summer...

Does "smart casual" mean we have to wear pants? I was just gonna wear a nice pair of shorts. They really can't expect us to wear that in the crazy heat do they?

Just watch the show and see what others usually wear. Once you are inside the soundstage it should be pretty cold so you will be happy with long pants.

Just watch the show and see what others usually wear. Once you are inside the soundstage it should be pretty cold so you will be happy with long pants.

Yeah, but waiting around CityWalk in the heat for the doors to open is what I'm worried about... I'll probably just call the number they gave us on Monday and ask them to make sure what is acceptable.

The @FallonTonight twitter account mentioned it.

I got the reservation as a anniversary gift for my parents. Wanted to do something special for the 30th anniversary. Told them tonight, they were excited. They always wanted to go to the Tonight Show. Just looking for a place for dinner now.

Well, Vivo should be open!

- - - Updated - - -

Does "smart casual" mean we have to wear pants? I was just gonna wear a nice pair of shorts. They really can't expect us to wear that in the crazy heat do they?

Soundstages are usually freezing cold, so you would probably be uncomfortable in shorts anyway. When Family Feud taped here, we froze our butts off when we were in the soundstage, even with a jacket. It was around 60-65 in there.

I've been DVR'ing the show all week and I have to say well done Comcast/NBCUniversal! They finally figured out how to do what Disney has been doing for years, creating real synergy and cross promotion of all their properties, and doing it even better than Disney does it. Between this and the amazing visuals and reviews of Diagon Alley overall have to be causing some concern at Disney at this point.

Reactions: natespf
I've been DVR'ing the show all week and I have to say well done Comcast/NBCUniversal! They finally figured out how to do what Disney has been doing for years, creating real synergy and cross promotion of all their properties, and doing it even better than Disney does it. Between this and the amazing visuals and reviews of Diagon Alley overall have to be causing some concern at Disney at this point.

Get Anna and Elsa on the phone. We need a meet-and-greet ON a pre-parade.

I'm sure Disney is well aware that they have to start doing something, but until the numbers start declining, I don't think you are truly going to see a ton of movement. Once USF and IOA pass DHS and DAK, maybe then that will be the trigger.

Comcast is the one who still needs to make moves before Disney will do anything major imo (unfortunately). Comcast needs to change the way tourists think by continuing to add amazing experiences year in and year out (as planned).

Right now though, tourists still automatically think Disney when they think Orlando. They then add on Universal for a few days.

If nothing else, it should be waking up someone at Disney that their current marketing SUCKS! That terrible rap commercial fro 7DMT, the money wasted on a dragon flyover one time for a stupid media event only, the piss poor events of the past two years ("Limited Time Magic", "Show/Rock Your Disney Side"). They created ZERO buzz except among those who are already fans. THIS kind of publicity has introduced Universal Orlando to a HUGE new audience and shown off the parks beautifully.

I never watch the Tonight Show or the Today Show but tuned in this week, but I know they are big tent poles for NBC, reaching large audiences. I think they did an amazing job of showing off the parks as a whole and Diagon Alley in particular. This appealed to soccer moms and many people who had no idea there was anything comparable to Disney at Universal.

I know it doesn't hurt Disney at all in reality, at least for now. But, at the same time it undoes part of what magic bands were supposed to do, which was keep people on Disney property for their whole vacation, and for Disney that adds insult to injury with the whole debacle of rolling magic bands out. And Universal will produce better results for a LOT less money than Magic Bands cost Disney. ROI is where it's at, and Universal will show that.

^ Remember that Disney just knocked one WAY out of the park with Frozen... Like it or not, stuff like that matters to their theme park attendance. One decent commercial with kids meeting the lead character from that film will leave Uni in the dust with 3-7 yos. So, just keep that in mind.

Meanwhile, Uni is having cash cow fun with 12-72 yo's. It's an uphill battle... but Comcast is doing a great job of it.