MSHI Expansion? | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, it will be like the redo on Spider Man. They go all Eeyore when this stuff happens. :smiley:

Just like everyone was sure Transformers would replace Spider-Man...and then it got built in USF and the clammed up.

Not possible.

The reason why I'm suggested a conversion to floorless is because this is an active project by B&M to update their sit-down and stand-up coasters to floorless designs. This conversion is just a minor station upgrade and new trains. Medusa at SFGA and Rougarou at Cedar Point are two good examples of this.

Medusa was always floorless.

Between the new graphics of the villains from the Ultimate Spider-Man animated show in the Spider-Man store and the pressed pennies from the Avengers Assemble animated show in the park, I'm guessing that its safe to say that Universal got the rights to use this updated imagery in the contract renegotiation. Hopefully since the agreement was between 2 publicly traded companies, a copy of the new agreement will show up on the web soon like the older agreement. Looking forward to further developments in MSHI!

What exactly is the new agreement? Universal can use updated versions of the characters and possible new attractions in exchange for Disney being allowed to promote movies in their parks and sell merchandise? A little one sided, but Universal has all the leverage so it makes sense if true. It's why I just get frustrated hearing uneducated people talking about Universal giving up the rights. They literally have no reason or leverage to do so.

I've heard that Uni gets to use the MCU likenesses through out the Island and in the new Avengers E Ticket. Disney gets X-Men and Fantastic 4 out of IOA as per Disney's request because of Disney's fight with FOX. And Disney gets to use Marvel characters not in use at IOA, ie: GotG, in the parks.

I've heard that Uni gets to use the MCU likenesses through out the Island and in the new Avengers E Ticket. Disney gets X-Men and Fantastic 4 out of IOA as per Disney's request because of Disney's fight with FOX. And Disney gets to use Marvel characters not in use at IOA, ie: GotG, in the parks.
Good deal on both sides of it. Can't wait to see what Universal does and would also love to see a permanent Star Lord/Gamora M&G at DHS (would love to see a ride, but knowing Disney...)

I can confirm that this very subject matter has come up in WDI meetings recently.

It would be Marvel Fanboi heaven if an Avengers E Ticket and a GotG E Ticket were to open in Orlando the same summer.

If Universal & Disney started planning on the same date who would finish first? Vegas odds; Universal would have an attraction up & running at least three years before Disney.

I have no reason to believe the contract has changed at all. I am happy to be proven wrong.
Not really changed, but clarified. Some of the grey areas have been defined. Nothing has really changed. Universal could and have had MCU likenesses in the parks. And Disney has already had GotG in DHS. They just got tired of the "try this, wait for blowback" method. But talks have been had. And the result is new MARVELous things coming to both resorts.

I'll be honest...building a Guardians ride seems exceptionally dumb if I'm Disney.

"Oh wow that GotG ride was cool! Where's that Avengers ride I've heard so much about! I want to go see Iron Man and Captain America!" - Guest

"Er...ummm...well..." - CMs

But what do I know. If they do it, I at least hope they do it right.

I'll be honest...building a Guardians ride seems exceptionally dumb if I'm Disney.

"Oh wow that GotG ride was cool! Where's that Avengers ride I've heard so much about! I want to go see Iron Man and Captain America!" - Guest

"Er...ummm...well..." - CMs

But what do I know. If they do it, I at least hope they do it right.
How insane would it be to find Universal Tix on the MM+ website? The paradigm has shifted. Survivors adapt.
i did hear a pitch for a GotG ride utilizing the Rat ride system going into the GMR show building keeping the facade the Chinese Theater. Themed to the premier of GotG2. You go in like a movie premier. Then get sucked into a LPS Dark Ride.

i'd ride it.

Last edited:
Man, although it's great to MSHI get the overhaul it's needed, it really stinks that they're almost for certain ditching the X-Men elements from the area. Mega-huge fan growing up. :'(

Still, this whole idea of an Avengers ride does sound pretty awesome nonetheless, something the island has needed for a long time.

Between the new graphics of the villains from the Ultimate Spider-Man animated show in the Spider-Man store and the pressed pennies from the Avengers Assemble animated show in the park...

...where did you see that penny machine?... :-X

(I may or may not be a huge collector of Universal's pressed pennies...)

If true, that means Doom is toast for sure. Same with SFA.