Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 114 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Referring to this map that Gambit made:

HHN_25_Reveal_Map.png.6227ef6069c5434dfc8f43843d5b8e12.png

I am curious as to why, if Jack's house is in SS21 and AWIL is in SS22, they would have AWIL enter at A and Jack at B? Does anyone know for certain that this is how it is going to be run? To me it makes more sense to flip the entrances of those two and have them both exit down Twister Alley.
You would have to flip them. I am assuming that this layout was assuming that the same soundstages as last year were being used since dusk til dawn was in ss22. Im assuming monsters will have its line like cabin did at 23.

I love how She says it was there most successful zone ever. Based on what? Surveys then yeah it's a IP zone in a year where the others where obviously second and third. As for reducing the safe zones. Maybe it's just me I feel like we hear this every year. Maybe if Sting Alley returned I'd believe about the zones getting bigger.

I am excited to see the Wolf new puppets. Never had a problem with the old ones. Chainsaw gangs don't do anything for me but it's better than nothing I guess.

Reactions: Clive
The HHN site seems to indicate that Diagon and Gringotts will not be open, but if they are that is without a doubt great news for capacity. With an extra house on top of that, hopefully the park will hold up on busy nights better.
The site does not historically indicate all the attractions that are open for HHN.

If they didn't open it last year, I don't foresee it opening it this year. Wouldn't that be a J.K Rowling thing?

If they didn't open it last year, I don't foresee it opening it this year. Wouldn't that be a J.K Rowling thing?
That's really all just speculation, I don't think we've ever heard any hard facts about JK Rowling having an issue with HHN. We've also heard speculation that if it's open for HHN they have to share gate revenue with WB. If that's the case could be the reason they didn't want to do it, but if it increases occupancy maybe it pays for itself.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I feel this HHN is pretty lazy. I loved American Werewolf...but I also loved a handful of other, less recent houses. I'd rather revisit Dead Silence or The Hollow if we're going to bring back a frame-for-frame recreation. I think the Scream show is stupid. I think The Purge is equally as ridiculous...and it's repeated (kinda). Every year Walking Dead proves to be a more generic version of previous houses (Psycoscearapy much?). This said, I will be back. And drunk. And hit every house I can because, no matter how awful a house might be, it is still better quality than Bill and Ted's. Amiryt?

Reactions: DisneyFanKevin
That's really all just speculation, I don't think we've ever heard any hard facts about JK Rowling having an issue with HHN. We've also heard speculation that if it's open for HHN they have to share gate revenue with WB. If that's the case could be the reason they didn't want to do it, but if it increases occupancy maybe it pays for itself.

It's pretty well known JKR has an issue with HHN. She came to one when surveying the parks for the potential Potter expansion and hated the drunken atmosphere - someone puked in front of her.

She/WB also get a cut of any ticket price into the park if Harry Potter is included. So they may be weighing their options financially there.

It's pretty well known JKR has an issue with HHN. She came to one when surveying the parks for the potential Potter expansion and hated the drunken atmosphere - someone puked in front of her.
Can you post a link to this story.

talk about the worst luck possible... :lol: In all the years that I have been going, I cannot recall a time someone actually threw up in front of me. yet it had to happen when she went, That alone probably made her hate HHN lol.

Long-standing rumor--I've repeated it myself back in the day, was also cited as the reason shot girls disappeared for the rest of that season--but never been confirmed. Was just speculation as the timing lined up with a potential JKR visit. However since then I've heard it was some other 3rd party partner.

With this discussion going on over a HNN and the map mockup being weird with having werewolf and monsters and mayhem entrances switched unless they somehow cross queues. This seems like the easiest way to have the queues laid out using known queue areas that they have used in the past. Monsters and mayhem would used the exact same queue layout from CitW from 23 and Werewolf would use the plaza. This allwos them to route both exits down to twister. FvJ or whichever house is on that side of the soundstage will use the same queue setup as AvP and the other side should use the dracula queue. It would seem smart to have both enter from the back side so they can share and exit and avoid that awkward exit from AvP last year.
9cb1dAA.jpg

Another thought if the current map is to be believed because they are hellbent on having the house locations where the map says they can do this but it makes the paths way more circuitous and counter-intuitive. This would leave werewolf with the queue of FDTD but that had the werid tunnel under rockit that had to be managed. The only way this would make since is if they wanted to use the music plaza stage to project some history of or Jack stuff and I guess it would fit with the carnival games that are usually on the periphery of the plaza.
AhnEdgO.jpg

Last edited:

This makes little sense and probably stems from the crazy rumors when little was leaking out. Just like the rumor she walked out on Disney and went to UOR guest relations booth on the way to the airport.

Can you post a link to this story.

You really think this is published anywhere? This is a well-known, circulated "rumor" much in the way that we hear many whispers from resident insiders. I trust the people it came from. If you don't want to, that's fine, and it doesn't mean JKR couldn't be convinced otherwise, especially if there's no HHN content in the Wizarding Worlds. But it's also a little coincidental that they tried a "dry" event night not long after she supposedly visit. (It didn't go well.)

You really think this is published anywhere? This is a well-known, circulated "rumor" much in the way that we hear many whispers from resident insiders. I trust the people it came from. If you don't want to, that's fine, and it doesn't mean JKR couldn't be convinced otherwise, especially if there's no HHN content in the Wizarding Worlds. But it's also a little coincidental that they tried a "dry" event night not long after she supposedly visit. (It didn't go well.)
I don't expect a full blown newspaper article, just wondering what the originating source is. Without knowing where this information comes from it's pretty much meaningless. I guess the better question would be where did you hear this?

I don't expect a full blown newspaper article, just wondering what the originating source is. Without knowing where this information comes from it's pretty much meaningless. I guess the better question would be where did you hear this?
When I worked at Universal in high school they told us this on one of the Orientation days

When I worked at Universal in high school they told us this on one of the Orientation days
Yeah, I think this is just one of those stories that just gets passed around and added to over the years. I definitely don't fully believe it but it could have started from some element of truth and just grown over the years.

They used to do a segment on the old Jack Paar Tonight show (showing my age). They'd have about a half dozen people sitting in a line of chairs. The first person would tell a short story. He would whisper it to the second. The second would then tell it to the third. They did this straight through. They would then ask the last person what the story was. Guess what? By that time the story had changed so much it was unrecognizable. They did it quite often, always with the same type of result. Just sayin. :smile:

So...here's my one big complaint for the year. I get thanks to the nature of Jack's show it needs to be on the stage they've built, but in that case they should have brought Rocky Horror back to Beetlejuice at the very least. No reason to keep that stage empty while it's there.

Yep. For Carnival of the Carnage (07), they actually had FOUR shows - Bill & Ted, "Carnival of Carnage" (in the Mel's custom stage), the Freakshow (various magicians) in Animal Actors, and Rocky Horror Picture Show in Beetlejuice.

Hell, didn't even have to be RHPS. Could've been another magic act. But some have hypothesized that they couldn't guarantee access to the BJ stage to the end of the run...

Hell, didn't even have to be RHPS. Could've been another magic act. But some have hypothesized that they couldn't guarantee access to the BJ stage to the end of the run...

Yea, I could see that being an issue, and if that is indeed what happens, I'll withdraw my complaint. But if the stage doesn't go behind walls until after the event, it definitely is a bit of a waste.