Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 113 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
how in the blue hell has universal not got sued over the character of chance. i mean a female clown who is completely mental, murders and has a flirty cute bubbly sexy personality. hmm sounds really really familiar lol

Scènes à faire

You can copyright a sexy homicidal female dressed as a harlequin who goes by the name Harley Quinn, but you can't copyright the idea of a sexy homicidal female clown in general. Costume is just different enough no reasonable person would not think they were the same character (just obviously inspired by one another). Tho they are probably pushing it with the red and black color scheme, but then again, Jack is a card, black and red w.r.t. cards are scènes à faire as well.

Reactions: RevFreako and Clive
I'm not sure what else in Diagon Alley will be open, but it would be strange if literally everything but Escape From Gringott's is closed.
Pretty sure if the ride is open everything else will be. After all that's how they make money.

Just got confirmation that Escape from Gringott's is scheduled to be open until midnight for each event night. Of course, anything is subject to change, but as of now that's the plan.

This is a great move to help suck in all the crowds. Although after its closes every night, you're gonna see a huge guest dump into the Tents/Disaster houses (Especially if paired with a Bill & Ted show dump.)

Reactions: anihilnation
This is a great move to help suck in all the crowds. Although after its closes every night, you're gonna see a huge guest dump into the Tents/Disaster houses (Especially if paired with a Bill & Ted show dump.)

If I recall correctly, things tend to taper off after midnight, anyways.

It would be really nice if Diagon was open, I imagine it will look pretty good with the darkness and ambient light from HHN. That and it will definitely take a chunk out of the crowds.
I do have some questions though
Any idea if by having this area open they are expanding the overall event capacity? If so this could be a double edged blade.
Will the Express Pass actually work for Gringotts?

It would be really nice if Diagon was open, I imagine it will look pretty good with the darkness and ambient light from HHN. That and it will definitely take a chunk out of the crowds.
I do have some questions though
Any idea if by having this area open they are expanding the overall event capacity? If so this could be a double edged blade.
Will the Express Pass actually work for Gringotts?
I would guess the reason for doing this is indeed to increase capacity. The HHN express pass specifically states it's not valid for Gringotts.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Do we know the exact sound stage locations for the houses besides werewolf? Because if Monsters and Mayhem will be bigger then waling dead that means it will either be in the same building and use more of the building (how deep into the building did the walking dead maze go?) or have to be in soundstage 21

I would guess the reason for doing this is indeed to increase capacity. The HHN express pass specifically states it's not valid for Gringotts.
I understand that it is to increase capacity but does it increase the maximum occupancy capacity of HHN?

ok with the event getting closer and wanting to try and add to the hype, ive started doing some research and sketches of the icons and looking at the vast catalog of characters i just gotta ask

how in the blue hell has universal not got sued over the character of chance. i mean a female clown who is completely mental, murders and has a flirty cute bubbly sexy personality. hmm sounds really really familiar lol

The hair is different, the make up is different, the clothes are different,

She might feel familiar but the details are too different.

Reactions: SeventyOne
There's some sort of preview event going on right now. Have no clue what is it, but here's some tidbits.

• People at the event are getting a tour of Walking Dead and Insidious.
  • The Purge was the most successful scare zone ever, quote by Laura Wallace. Which explains why they made it a house theme, the whole Scream thing aside.
  • They are reducing safe zones, increasing the size of scarezones
  • The roaming hordes are Chainsaw Gang and Psycho Clowns.
  • Belle and Cinderella (With creative use of her glass slipper) confirmed for ScreamPunk.
  • FvJ Battles will use both live actors and video screens.
  • New AWIL puppets are more actor friendly and should provide an even scarier experience.
  • Expect a "Fan Favorite Killer and his bride" at the Die-In. Sounds like Chucky to me.
  • Expect Live Kills in the Scarezones. They didn't specify whether they just meant Icons or not.
  • RUN has chainsaws (Duh.)

Do we know the exact sound stage locations for the houses besides werewolf? Because if Monsters and Mayhem will be bigger then Walking Dead that means it will either be in the same building and use more of the building (how deep into the building did the walking dead maze go?) or have to be in soundstage 21

Monsters and Mayhem: SS21
AWiL: SS22
FvJ:SS24
Body Collectors: SS24

From what they said last year, TWD used all of SS25, plus the fence maze finale outside of the SS. SS21 is significantly bigger than SS25, so if they end using ALL of it for this house, it's going to be MASSIVE.

There's some sort of preview event going on right now. Have no clue what is it, but here's some tidbits.

• People at the event are getting a tour of Walking Dead and Insidious.
  • The Purge was the most successful scare zone ever, quote by Laura Wallace. Which explains why they made it a house theme, the whole Scream thing aside.
  • They are reducing safe zones, increasing the size of scarezones
  • The roaming hordes are Chainsaw Gang and Psycho Clowns.
  • Belle and Cinderella (With creative use of her glass slipper) confirmed for ScreamPunk.
  • FvJ Battles will use both live actors and video screens.
  • New AWIL puppets are more actor friendly and should provide an even scarier experience.
  • Expect a "Fan Favorite Killer and his bride" at the Die-In. Sounds like Chucky to me.
  • Expect Live Kills in the Scarezones. They didn't specify whether they just meant Icons or not.
  • RUN has chainsaws (Duh.)

sounds like heaven....
it seriously sounds like it might be the best year since 2010 (one of my favorites)

wow............. WOW..... WOOOOOOOOW :drool: :dance: :clap:

Referring to this map that Gambit made:

HHN_25_Reveal_Map.png.6227ef6069c5434dfc8f43843d5b8e12.png

I am curious as to why, if Jack's house is in SS21 and AWIL is in SS22, they would have AWIL enter at A and Jack at B? Does anyone know for certain that this is how it is going to be run? To me it makes more sense to flip the entrances of those two and have them both exit down Twister Alley.

The HHN site seems to indicate that Diagon and Gringotts will not be open, but if they are that is without a doubt great news for capacity. With an extra house on top of that, hopefully the park will hold up on busy nights better.