NBC Sports Grill Brew | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

NBC Sports Grill Brew

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Now, Universal ( OK, COMCAST), why don't you guys show some northeast love and import some of our beers from the region that made you what you are today? Dare I say Troegs, Victory, Yards, Weyerbacher, Brooklyn.......I could go on, but I digress.........

FWIW, Victory has 2 in the bottle section of the menu. They're my favorite brewery for my money, and I think they should at least have Hop Devil on tap, but at least they have it in bottles.

Yards is decent, but honestly I'd be hard pressed to consider anything from them necessary. And Brooklyn...ugh Brooklyn is terrible, IMO.

They need to get some Sixpoint and Southern Tier in there pronto.

We can play the "why isn't xxxx brewery there?" game forever. In the end it doesn't matter, there's a good selection and hopefully they rotate the taps from time to time.

Reactions: SeventyOne
So how many taps do they have? It's pretty common for the tap list to evolve quickly based on sales at these type of places. Personally I'm surprised Due South made it in over Buddha, possibly because they are pouring Carmel Cream, which no other brewery really has an answer too, and is well liked among "casual" beer drinkers.

Victory is a great brewery..although I would prefer a Prima Pils or Dirt Wolf to Hop Devil...

Ate here Friday night and we were seated immediately. Very nice interior and the spinning grill plate is pretty awesome.

Appetizer crab scotch eggs, they were very good but I'm not sure if I like the crab better than the standard sausage.

Entrées:
I got the burger with brisket on it. Was pretty spectacular and a good sized portion.
Wife got the chicken sandwich which she said was also very good.
Daughter got the mac and cheese. They both said this was amazing. I got to try a bite as a leftover and agree even after being reheated amazing good and giant portion.

I got the 729 ipa which was a very good beer.

All in all I am incredibly happy and surprised with everything here. For us this is one of our new favorite restaurants and it beats cow fish on burgers. This is much more than just a sports bar!

[QUOTE="So much for "Green is Universal"[/QUOTE]

This is really an ignorant statement. Being green is not doing nothing, sure they could close the parks and hotels, super green! But being green is doing stuff in an intelligent way to have not an as big of a CO2 footprint on the world. Using gasses for the fire(effects) is one of them. These are far less harmful for the environment then other fuels.
The same goes for the use of led lighting. Universal quickly changed to led and saved enormous on their electricity bill and reduced their footprint. The led televisions and screens also are better then other options.

This is really an ignorant statement. Being green is not doing nothing, sure they could close the parks and hotels, super green! But being green is doing stuff in an intelligent way to have not an as big of a CO2 footprint on the world. Using gasses for the fire(effects) is one of them. These are far less harmful for the environment then other fuels.
The same goes for the use of led lighting. Universal quickly changed to led and saved enormous on their electricity bill and reduced their footprint. The led televisions and screens also are better then other options.
Being "green" expands beyond environmental reasons as far as Universal is concerned. The whole "Green is Universal" thing is a platform to make Uni look good and for them to save money across the board. Anyone within the company will tell you this is true. They have a whole section on it in the TM orientation.

And I also just think it's a obnoxious. You'll be able to make out what is on the screen from inside the park.

It was definitely pretty bright but once it has actual content on it, it won't be so bad. Does anyone know what the far right panel is for? A little tough to see in those images but one panel was still dark and looked like it had a boarder around it. I was thinking maybe it will show the score of the game being shown or something.