Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Cautiously optimistic it might be BJ. I don't think Candyman would get the reactions we're hearing about. But IP holder anxious to build up interest in the character again with new movie in development, I'm sure the BJ costumes are just hanging in storage backstage. Could be a really fun dark comedy house.
Hmmm??? I wouldn't say the movie is in development. Here is what Tim Burton has to say about it:

"This is the thing, it’s something that I’m interested in, but there’s so many stories [online], dumping Michael Keaton for Johnny Depp and this or that, and I’ve talked to these people and they didn’t wanna hear this so they just made up a story. But the fact of it is I have talked to Michael and I have talked to Winona, I’ve talked to a few people. It’s something that I really would like to do in the right circumstances, but it’s one of those films where it has to be right. It’s not a kind of a movie that cries out [for a sequel], it’s not theBeetlejuice trilogy. So it’s something that if the elements are right—because I do love the character and Michael’s amazing as that character, so yeah we’ll see. But there’s nothing concrete yet."

Doesn't sound very convincing to me. Besides... The film is a comedy. Why use it at Horror Nights? Even the 3d houses used over time had some horrific aspects tied to them (Alice in Wonderland, P&T, The In-Between, etc.). Assuming they were to use that ip, I doubt they would take the same amount of creative altering liberties as when they chose to do Alice in Wonderland. I've got to be honest... this is one I would be opposed to. Sorry.

Are they going to use the same setup as the waterlogged zombies (last year TWD) for the hot tub/jacuzzi death(s)?
;)

Just for the record, I think this has to be one of the funniest clips of footage in a legitimate horror movie ever.

Loomis basically jumps from the car chasing down and shooting at poor Ben Tramer. All of a sudden, a police car crashes into Tramer out of nowhere, bursts into flames, while pinning him against a tree. There is lots of yelling and confusion of whether or not it's Michael. Then suddenly another cop rolls up and informs them about additional deaths (one of them being the sheriff's daughter Annie :jaw:). Now... None of that is really funny, however, what happens next is hilarious to me. 2 of the 3 people that were pretty much responsible for Tramer's death just hop in a car and drive away while there is a poor kid's burning corpse still pinned to the tree. Poor Ben! He really got the shaft. I guess that's what he gets for impersonating Michael Myers on Halloween night.

Last edited:
If Halloween in any capacity is in fact coming to horror nights, this continues the run of "classic" IPs.
Mike's twitter post from 4/18 uses the hashtag [HASHTAG]#classic[/HASHTAG]. Whether that was in regards to the announcement of TCM or the theme for the whole year, that is up for debate. Judging by what we have so far and rumors it looks like straight classics.

The requeling could be the new ring movie, rings.
It's due out in October, and could be ripe for a cash in haunted house?

The requeling could be the new ring movie, rings.
It's due out in October, and could be ripe for a cash in haunted house?

I believe it's been said that the Requel would of been based off an original story previously used, not a film IP.

As for the IP of Ring..

rs_500x250-150428133712-tumblr_mbynuuAUTg1rrpsd7.gif

Why not the Ring?
Don't you love pale, spider-walking dead kids?

Several reasons, both logically that would be too complicated and personally.

Essentially; why would you want to bring an IP that would possibly cause a large amount of controversy. Not to mention, the IP isn't exactly as well known as it was, its an IP that shouldn't of been brought from Japan, in a way.

Several reasons, both logically that would be too complicated and personally.

Essentially; why would you want to bring an IP that would possibly cause a large amount of controversy. Not to mention, the IP isn't exactly as well known as it was, its an IP that shouldn't of been brought from Japan, in a way.
Enlighten me...

Enlighten me...

Before talking about the American adaptation; i'll refer to the original Japanese Horror classic, Ring.

Ring was made in 1998; where It was made off the Japanese Novel, Ring. It garnered a sequel one year after in Japan. The film itself, used prominently of a VHS Tape that at the time; made sense; considering that DVDs we're a large thing until the early 2000's (Even though they started in 95).

The Ring, in essence; is based off of a dated IP, that unless they do something innovative in Rings (the upcoming American sequel); it would be useless to incorporate it into the event. Regardless if it may be Iconic in some aspects.

Also, I think personally on a level; Ring is one of those films that may not appeal to everyone, and would be in ways; a much more riskier IP to incorporate into the event like (if not to me, more) the film of Killer Klownz from Outer Space.

Its one of those films to me that wouldn't make sense, and would possible not get as much as of an appeal unlike other IPs that would be much simpler to incorporate into the event.

That's my personal opinion, and I know that a lot of people will probably give me crap for saying it; but in my mind, I think its an IP that has quite a bit of Red Tape that may not be feasible for HHN.

Reactions: STL
Before talking about the American adaptation; i'll refer to the original Japanese Horror classic, Ring.

Ring was made in 1998; where It was made off the Japanese Novel, Ring. It garnered a sequel one year after in Japan. The film itself, used prominently of a VHS Tape that at the time; made sense; considering that DVDs we're a large thing until the early 2000's (Even though they started in 95).

The Ring, in essence; is based off of a dated IP, that unless they do something innovative in Rings (the upcoming American sequel); it would be useless to incorporate it into the event. Regardless if it may be Iconic in some aspects.

Also, I think personally on a level; Ring is one of those films that may not appeal to everyone, and would be in ways; a much more riskier IP to incorporate into the event like (if not to me, more) the film of Killer Klownz from Outer Space.

Its one of those films to me that wouldn't make sense, and would possible not get as much as of an appeal unlike other IPs that would be much simpler to incorporate into the event.

That's my personal opinion, and I know that a lot of people will probably give me crap for saying it; but in my mind, I think its an IP that has quite a bit of Red Tape that may not be feasible for HHN.
I am familiar with the movie, but appreciate your input and explanation of why you feel that way. It makes perfect sense.