Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 527 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Very cool ride.. I am not a screens person.. simply because kings island does not have them and thats our home and most frequented park. but after a few rides here yesterday and today, they are very cool. So yesterday we got in line when I posted and the line was rolling. One empty truck cycled and that was it.. 30 minutes later another one cycled and everyone went nuts then another 30 minutes.. nothing.. people kept getting out of line so we were moving forward. After 1 hour we were at the entrance to the inside queues. We decided to give it 45 more minutes. They kept announcing brief technical delays then finally it was an extended. Then at about 1:30 minutes of waiting, they stated cycling empty trucks and the line started roaring. After the first truck went with people you would have though we all won the lottery! From that point we were 10 more minutes in line and off we went! Great ride! I will detail it in the review section. Funniest part was on the unload platform, the gates went up and the CM's were like.. dont move while they all waited to see if the gates on the truck stayed opened. Thats all for now.. off to the pool and then back at 4 for hopefully another ride :)

That's quite the range of emotions for what was ultimately less than a 2 hour wait.

Reactions: Mike S
Very cool ride.. I am not a screens person.. simply because kings island does not have them and thats our home and most frequented park. but after a few rides here yesterday and today, they are very cool. So yesterday we got in line when I posted and the line was rolling. One empty truck cycled and that was it.. 30 minutes later another one cycled and everyone went nuts then another 30 minutes.. nothing.. people kept getting out of line so we were moving forward. After 1 hour we were at the entrance to the inside queues. We decided to give it 45 more minutes. They kept announcing brief technical delays then finally it was an extended. Then at about 1:30 minutes of waiting, they stated cycling empty trucks and the line started roaring. After the first truck went with people you would have though we all won the lottery! From that point we were 10 more minutes in line and off we went! Great ride! I will detail it in the review section. Funniest part was on the unload platform, the gates went up and the CM's were like.. dont move while they all waited to see if the gates on the truck stayed opened. Thats all for now.. off to the pool and then back at 4 for hopefully another ride :)
Cool story on the waiting. Looking forward to your review........On a side note. I went to King's Island many a time in the 80's and 90's. The Beast, and it's long length for a coaster, was always my favorite coaster anywhere. I especially enjoyed the park in the 80's when it was almost as well themed as a Disney park and they had lot's of entertainment. In the 90's they kind of embraced the Coaster concept, and did it pretty well. But I enjoyed the 80's park lot's more.

it was a good vibe.. everyone was into it and that was my thought.. a two hour wait was worth it because you dont know what thrusday and friday will bring before we leave and who knows when we will get back here. When we booked the trip back in november, I had no idea really about any of the rides let alone kong.. it has been cool to follow everyday leading up to being here. That said in the next hour we will head back to see whats going on.. this morning the CM said they were hoping to get it rolling around 5.

Thinking of heading over to universal islands of adventure now to try get on Kong. Any word as to how long they'll be running the soft opening for today?

First off, Welcome!

Second, they were having VIP previews today but did eventually soft open to guests around 5. It's probably a crap shoot as far as today goes.

Reactions: Ryno27
Stuck in queue in the room with the witch.... Brief delay in operations.... Not sure if they are gonna run the ride or give up with only an hour left til the park closes. Loudest queue room ever....

Hope its not too long, I did 45 minutes there last week. Seems they cannot turn the sound down.