HHN 26: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 26: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's on the ticketing website. Just select the day and it will show you the hours.

Edit:
After looking at it an interesting/easy way to remember it is every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday is 1am the first two nights for that day then 2am for the remainder of the event. Every Monday and Wednesday is 1am.

Thanks!

It's on the ticketing website. Just select the day and it will show you the hours.

Edit:
After looking at it an interesting/easy way to remember it is every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday is 1am the first two nights for that day then 2am for the remainder of the event. Every Monday and Wednesday is 1am.

That's wack that closing is 1am the first two weeks but after it goes til 2am the remainder of the event.

Hey guys, I'm looking for opinions from people who've done the Unmasking The Horror tours before. I'm fortunate enough to be going to this year's event for 2 weeks and wish to book the full day (6 houses) tour, having never done one before.
My question is, would you recommend doing this towards the beginning or end of our stay in order to get the most out of it?
Do you think it's cooler to see the houses in daylight before we become overaquainted with them, or do you think having the knowledge of numerous walk-throughs over 2 weeks will make it more enjoyable to appreciate the workmanship and details that will be shared with us? :)

Hey guys, I'm looking for opinions from people who've done the Unmasking The Horror tours before. I'm fortunate enough to be going to this year's event for 2 weeks and wish to book the full day (6 houses) tour, having never done one before.
My question is, would you recommend doing this towards the beginning or end of our stay in order to get the most out of it?
Do you think it's cooler to see the houses in daylight before we become overaquainted with them, or do you think having the knowledge of numerous walk-throughs over 2 weeks will make it more enjoyable to appreciate the workmanship and details that will be shared with us? :)

Whatever you do, make sure you see all the houses on the UTH tour BEFORE you do the tour. They go into such deep detail in them that you'll have a ton of stuff spoiled for you if you go in before.

That being said, it's also fun to make a run through the houses after you know what to look for, so I would try and schedule the tour so you can hit all 6 houses before AND after the tour.

I'd say the optimal time to do it would be in the middle. Doing it too early could spoil the house because you know what is coming from seeing it in the UTH. One of the coolest things was going through the houses the first time after we had done the tour having a better knowledge and also knowing little tidbits.

Also can help with certain houses that have muddier plots at times. Jack for example, I had no idea that the Christmas room was multiple houses instead of just the one.

Whatever you do, make sure you see all the houses on the UTH tour BEFORE you do the tour. They go into such deep detail in them that you'll have a ton of stuff spoiled for you if you go in before.

That being said, it's also fun to make a run through the houses after you know what to look for, so I would try and schedule the tour so you can hit all 6 houses before AND after the tour.

I'd say the optimal time to do it would be in the middle. Doing it too early could spoil the house because you know what is coming from seeing it in the UTH. One of the coolest things was going through the houses the first time after we had done the tour having a better knowledge and also knowing little tidbits.

Also can help with certain houses that have muddier plots at times. Jack for example, I had no idea that the Christmas room was multiple houses instead of just the one.

Excellent responses guys, thanks a lot! :thumbsup: Think I'll go for the square middle of our trip on that basis. Really excited to hear that they really lay a lot of details out as well, love the thought of being aware of all those extra layers.

I have a question. I am going thru the site to get tickets for a friend and myself and came across something saying to register the passes. is this new? How would I register for a person who isn't a pass holder? Are we not able to purchas for peopel who are not pass holders anymore?
hhn1.jpg

hhn2.jpg

I have a question. I am going thru the site to get tickets for a friend and myself and came across something saying to register the passes. is this new? How would I register for a person who isn't a pass holder? Are we not able to purchas for peopel who are not pass holders anymore?
View attachment 2906

View attachment 2907
Each multi-night ticket to HHN has to have a name attached to it so you can't share it. If the fingerprint doens't work they will just check ID like normal passes so you have to put a name to each pass to provide ownership.

Reactions: JoeCamel
View attachment 2906

View attachment 2907

Just enter your friends name, the AP discount is still good since you have an AP. Make sense?

I'm curious to know how many people who've bought their passes for this year's HHN, have stuck by their initial promise to not buy Express in light of the big price increase this year.
I was all set to go for FFP+ with Express until the very day the prices came out, but decided to eventually just get the standard FFP+. Almost daily I have a little attack of doubt and seriously think about calling to upgrade, but I've held steadfast so far. Anyone else having these doubts, or even since made the choice to actually upgrade?
Genuinely interested to see what affect this will have on standby lines this year if there has indeed been a bit of a majority boycott.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'm curious to know how many people who've bought their passes for this year's HHN, have stuck by their initial promise to not buy Express in light of the big price increase this year.
I was all set to go for FFP+ with Express until the very day the prices came out, but decided to eventually just get the standard FFP+. Almost daily I have a little attack of doubt and seriously think about calling to upgrade, but I've held steadfast so far. Anyone else having these doubts, or even since made the choice to actually upgrade?
Genuinely interested to see what affect this will have on standby lines this year if there has indeed been a bit of a majority boycott.

I have never had express before but was ready to do it this year until the pricing. If I lived in Orlando I would do it no hesitation, but I have settled on getting Ulitmate FFP since coming up from Miami i want to take full advantage of the weekends I can spare to go. My big thing over not going for the express is that there will be some nights I am going with other people who I know won't have express and I would feel like I am wasting it. My friend who I will be primarily going with has said he would be willing to pick up some after 10 express a few nights when it is just us if they are still doing that deal.

I was torn between FFP+ w/ express or Ultimate without and I figured for half the price I can make up the houses gained though express by going saturdays. If the first weekend is so unbearable though my friend and I said we would upgrade.

Reactions: amityboattours
I had really pretty much decided last year. I got Express last year, but it was pretty much at the high end of my budget. I really didn't need it or use it all the time. I knew Express would go up in price (as it does every year), although the increase was a little steeper than expected to me any increase at all knocked it out of consideration. I would say though if you're having doubts and thinking of upgrading don't wait till the last minute, I did that last year and the price jumped up a little right before the event.

All that being said I don't expect to see much of a difference in Express vs. standby lines this year. A large portion of Express comes from single night guests and really it makes more sense that way.

I'm curious as well. I posted earlier that although I didn't like the big increase I would probably get the ROF with Express and I was in the minority. I have since then purchased said ticket. Going the first three nights of the event so I will post about the times of the Express entries.

I'm only doing two nights on a Thursday and Sunday this year with ROF and will start each night Stay & Scream. We'll be with another couple who are first timers and will make a decision on Express when the price drops at 10 or 11PM.

My small group went with the ROF with Express.

I honestly don't understand how so many people go to the event without express. It hurts my back just walking by the people waiting in those long lines while using express.

My wife loves the event, but she has straight up told me that she won't go if we don't get express.

Even with the price increase (which hopefully will help shorten the express lines), it is still worth avoiding the torture of having to wait around all night long. I don't want to rush around and I'd prefer not to have to wait, so express it is.

This year's lines are probably going to be the worst we've ever seen. Just keep that in mind when deciding to opt out.