Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just rode Mummy twice. All cars are being completely filled. There is a spotlight in the treasure room pointed at the screen that is saying on, ruining the effect. The left screen in the beetle room is not working.

The speed of the launch is definitely dependent on the weight of the car. The first time I rode there were a lot of heavy people in it and the launch was the slowest I have ever seen. The second time was mainly smaller people and the launch was normal.

Reactions: Mike S
Yeah, I don't like those awards. Why isn't Gringotts an indoor coaster? Why is Tower of Terror a dark ride?
I don't either. I have gotten into it with their staff in the past over the biased awardings. Every year Schlitterbahn wins best waterpark. Every year Dudley Do-Right wins best water ride. Every year Millennium Force dins best steel coaster.(until this year amazingly.)
I've been all over and can tell you there are other parks more deserving of awards than what Amusement Today claims are best, yet for whatever reason, their panel of judges continue to vote for things when there are better options. Makes me wonder just how many of these judges have ACTUALLY been all over the world and ridden all kinds of rides.

When I was there friday they told me Mummy had been down all day and that they were fixing numerous things. Funny thing is that, except for the timing being off in the main room, I never have experienced problems on it.

Reactions: Mike S and Joel
I don't either. I have gotten into it with their staff in the past over the biased awardings. Every year Schlitterbahn wins best waterpark. Every year Dudley Do-Right wins best water ride. Every year Millennium Force dins best steel coaster.(until this year amazingly.)
I've been all over and can tell you there are other parks more deserving of awards than what Amusement Today claims are best, yet for whatever reason, their panel of judges continue to vote for things when there are better options. Makes me wonder just how many of these judges have ACTUALLY been all over the world and ridden all kinds of rides.
The awards have always skewed north america, thats where a lot of voters have been and thus vite for stuff. They are usually slow to adjust for changes and heavier on legacy stuff as it reflects what the voters jave ridden. Things also are favored dues to popularity, which I dont think is completely unreasonable in this industry. What people like in parks can be pretty subjective.

Im hearing the ride has been down almost all day, and TM's are out front interacting with guests to keep them entertained. (Usually means they have no idea when it will be back up and running, so instead of sending staff home or re-assigning them, they keep them nearby)

Seems like an unexpected issue again, would love to know what it is and what's going on in there right now! Anyone!?

Im hearing the ride has been down almost all day, and TM's are out front interacting with guests to keep them entertained. (Usually means they have no idea when it will be back up and running, so instead of sending staff home or re-assigning them, they keep them nearby)

Seems like an unexpected issue again, would love to know what it is and what's going on in there right now! Anyone!?
beuller.gif

I rode Mummy twice on Monday.

Everything looked great. The turntable room was very dark, which I was pleased with. It was really slow at the parks, so the car I was on was not full, which made the launch seem faster and the ride seem wilder. The coaster parts were all extremely dark as well, which was great.

The only thing that irks me is the scarab beetle walls, as the screens were rippling and looking flimsy (per usual), killing the illusion of it being a solid wall.

I hate the screens in the turntable room. It is obvious they are different screens put together. The projection changes as it moves from screen to screen, ruining that effect.
It used to not be that way. They updated the projectors to newer ones that are sadly way too bright. My first trip to Uni was closer to when the ride opened so I've asked about this change before.

Re: The scarab scene in Mummy. Does anyone on here know the history as to why no water drops down on guests anymore? Is it a broken effect that's just been down for a lot of years now, or was a deliberate decision made to switch it off at some point for a particular reason?

Reactions: tankart150
Re: The scarab scene in Mummy. Does anyone on here know the history as to why no water drops down on guests anymore? Is it a broken effect that's just been down for a lot of years now, or was a deliberate decision made to switch it off at some point for a particular reason?
Definitely still there, it probably is just rare with the messed up timing (Which by the way feels more delayed every time I go).