Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 215 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
When I went on Sunday I waited about 20 minutes before entering the preshow. Nobody follows instructions to stay downstairs :lol:

I thought there were team members at the stairs to monitor guest flow. If not, then what is the point of the colors on the first floor if you can just go straight up stairs? I wonder how long before the whole area just becomes one wait area and your color is only signaled once to go to the pre-show. That would help with people sitting in front of the displays on the first floor.

So this ride was...pretty okay? Like, it's not amazing, but it doesn't feel like it's trying to be. In general, the experience feels a bit understated (the facade, etc) which helps to temper expectations. The ride just seems difficult to hate on too much. It's taking up a small piece of land, and it never raises expectations too high. There's something a bit...earnest about it that I can't quite put my finger on.

The ride film is incredible. I'd feel comfortable saying the Times Square scene is one of the most gorgeous yet in a screen-based ride at Universal. ILM did an absolutely fantastic job with the clarity and quality of the film. It stands up with, and maybe even tops, any of Uni's other efforts.

Motion was a little light for my tastes, but it was very smooth. Most of the theater was hooping and hollering throughout the ride, so I guess it's enough.

Queue is novel and great. Not sure I'd want a virtual system for all upcoming attractions, but it works well here. It's been talked about to death.

Prolly a 6ish/10 for me overall, but again, it's just tough to hate on for some reason. I kinda like it and I'm not entirely sure why.

Prolly a 6ish/10 for me overall, but again, it's just tough to hate on for some reason. I kinda like it and I'm not entirely sure why.

It's just a solid ride, it is what it is, but it's done very well for what it is.

The show tapings this week are going to have the music acts outside by rockit jsut like last time he was taping here. 8:15 is when they are doing the music acts if anyone's curious. Monday is pitbull, Tuesday is Blake Shelton, Wednesday is Flo Rida, and Thursday is Jason Derulo. Jay Leno is the guest for the show thursday, and probably will be at the gran opening ceremony (at 8AM) with Fallon. Leno is also doing a standup show Friday night at Hard Rock live.

Reactions: Alicia and Mad Dog
It's just a solid ride, it is what it is, but it's done very well for what it is.

The show tapings this week are going to have the music acts outside by rockit jsut like last time he was taping here. 8:15 is when they are doing the music acts if anyone's curious. Monday is pitbull, Tuesday is Blake Shelton, Wednesday is Flo Rida, and Thursday is Jason Derulo. Jay Leno is the guest for the show thursday, and probably will be at the gran opening ceremony (at 8AM) with Fallon. Leno is also doing a standup show Friday night at Hard Rock live.
I wonder how they will move the tonight show guests to the music stage, like do they keep them separate or does it become a free for all? Since you don't need park admission to go to the taping. I have tickets for tomorrow's show, shut I don't really know what to expect!

I wonder how they will move the tonight show guests to the music stage, like do they keep them separate or does it become a free for all? Since you don't need park admission to go to the taping. I have tickets for tomorrow's show, shut I don't really know what to expect!
If it's like last time they give you wristbands for the show taping then later those wristbands give you access to an area up front close to the stage.

Reactions: BrenRays
so upset.. I got an email yesterday saying I could confirm my ticket for Monday but I was expecting it two weeks earlier when I could've requested the day off.

ss 2017-04-03 at 9.59.23 AM.jpg

What a GREAT beginning to the Tonight Show with that over the top take off of the Vacation movie. Sooooo funny. Hashtag the Panda tied to the roof of the station wagon after they ran him over was priceless. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Journey_On and Joel
What a GREAT beginning to the Tonight Show with that over the top take off of the Vacation movie. Sooooo funny. Hashtag the Panda tied to the roof of the station wagon after they ran him over was priceless. :thumbsup:
Ya that was awesome. Makes my universal itch little more intense, this is awesome seeing the park get so much air time

Reactions: Mad Dog

While I don't approve of PoVs when not permitted, I think the quality on this is pretty good. Good sound, clear picture... if it weren't for that person's head on the left side blocking some key points and the fact that the first 20 seconds and last 10 are cut off, this is pretty good overall.

Reactions: Joel