Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 216 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looking at this, I can see Comcast shooting the Today show down at UOR as well as their syndicated shows more often. They put Race to NY in the best spot with music plaza right next door. Live performances with the Comcast and NBC logo right there and promotion of parks. (also Vin hinted about Miami Vice being produced by Universal on Jimmy Fallon which may mean boat race ride for 4th park). I'm guessing they will actually show the ride on thursday's show with Jay Leno?

Short review.

So the ride was interesting. Too bad Orlando isn't home for Jimmy permanently. His appearance put the Magic level over the top. One cool thing about rides basked on characters is seeing that character nearby or whatever it may be. Much harder to do with real humans but either way great experience in the studio.

Back to the ride, I didnt go in wit any expectations. I walked up the main street and saw the NBC logo and facade and got excited. Saw plenty of YouTube videos and photos but nothing like seeing that re-done section of the park lit-up and shiny.
Made for a great "awe" affect. Had express so walked right in , did not get to experience virtual queue. The lighting and photos and studio atmosphere was great in an Orlando theme park for a change. It definitely sets a different tone from your typical "adventure" queue. Almost missed the ride call as we were given "Yellow" wait passes which looked Orange so that was confusing because the ligts changed to what looked yellow but the pass didnt look yellow.

Being in the upper level lobby area with games and screens and the stage was absolutely amazing. Little too crowded for my taste because Green.Blue, and Purple all went in front of us. (This could be due to the testing still so not a big deal). Plenty to do and see. Love the fanciness and upscale feel .

Next I'm not quite sure about the part with the rapping rules either, just odd. Plus if I ride again, that will get old IMO.

The ride itself has some comfortable seats and an AMAZING screen size and quality ! I mean I wish that screen is what Despicable Me had. (Probably Shrek as well but have not ridden Shrek in over 7 years). The 3d goggles felt more like glasses and were comfortable and lightweight. They interacted with the awesome screen so well, that it never occurred to take them off and watch the ride without them like most people do on all other attractions. Everything just coordinated.

The ride scenes were just odd but tons of laughable fun for everyone to enjoy. Jimmy is a character who played his and other characters very well.

I'm not sure about consistent re-ride-ability but the queue alone will probability get me in often.

Overall great addition and looking forward to the grand opening. It's amazing that building can house all of that. Makes you wonder about the space remaining at the resort now. Amazing use of space by Universal.

Last edited:
@Mad Dog add another to the majority "hates it" column ;)
Good sarcasm.:)...So far, on this thread, the positive reviews outweigh the negative about 5 to 1. That's pretty darn good for a new attraction, because the negative expectations attack even the great ones, like FJ & Gringotts, when they first open. Not bad for a D attraction that most of us were just looking at as a "well, it's better than a broken down "Twister" that hardly anyone rides anymore", fill in. This has been a pleasant surprise, & I'm actually looking forward to experiencing and enjoying the entire 30 minute experience, old time Universal time occupying type attraction. And from the sounds of it, reviewers saying the GP was really enjoying their rides (screams of fun & smiles coming off the ride), this is a mild hit for Universal. Not the type of attraction that will drive attendance, but certainly will fill out the day's touring for tourists. :thumbsup:

I got to attend the taping yesterday for the show. Wow, it was one of the best days ever! The taping part went by so quickly, but I was amazed when I went back and watched the show how much they cut out. After the taping, they let us into the park for free for the rest of the day! The Pitbull performance was about two hours after the show.
This was the first time I'd been to Universal in a little while and Race through New York was great! I don't agree with the people complaining about the theatre seats, I thought they were fine and looked exactly like the Tonight Show theatre. The whole experience from the marquee to the preshow was fantastic!! @IAmFloridaBorn you nailed it, the classy atmosphere to this feels really different than all the other adventure attractions. The film itself was a little weird to me. Maybe it went to fast, but it was a little too all over the place. I don't think they did a great job showcasing New York or the Tonight Show. The Tonight Show references almost felt shoehorned ("HEY! Tight Pants!" "HEY! The Roots!" ..?) Maybe I just need to ride it a few more times. ( and I'm a fan of Jimmy's) overall great attraction. I'd give a 7.5/10

I used to hate Jimmy Fallon when he was on SNL, but he just seems like such a likable guy that it's hard to hold a grudge.
Yeah. He seems like the kind of person you could have a beer and a good conversation with....The crowd seemed pretty enthusiastic from the vantage point of watching it on TV.

Wow. This actually really grinds my gears. The parks are not a place to drag his political comedy into. Completely inappropriate. (Not saying that cause I like Trump, cause I don't :p) but portraying Universal as being one sided politically is a very, very bad message.

Wow. This actually really grinds my gears. The parks are not a place to drag his political comedy into. Completely inappropriate. (Not saying that cause I like Trump, cause I don't :p) but portraying Universal as being one sided politically is a very, very bad message.

I thought it was very tastefully done and fairly balanced. Have you ever seen the Bill and Ted show?!

They've been adding the political jokes since the competition on CBS & ABC, who do a lot of political satire & jokes, started taking a share of the Tonight Show ratings. No big deal. Johnny Carson did political jokes nearly every night of his three decades worth of shows. The party in power usually bears the brunt of jokes, whoever that may be at the time.....Fallon was soft on the political scene & it was costing him in the ratings with the late night demographic.....Once you become a politician, you're fair game. It comes with the territory.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andysol and Joel
I thought it was very tastefully done and fairly balanced. Have you ever seen the Bill and Ted show?!
Well yea true. I think it's about who's portrayed as saying it. People expect Bill and Ted to be extreme comedy. However I can see how people will see it as universal taking a side. Which imo is bad for business. Also putting the universal Orlando resort logo on it kind of portrays it as them saying it.

giphy.gif