Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 214 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A.D. Miles aka Gary has exited The Tonight Show as head writer to pursue other opportunities. The transition will occur over the next 8 weeks. https://t.co/WKdg7QJsJM

Which means the idea of a talk show-based ride is already starting to become dated as Miles will presumably lessen if not fully stop his appearances on the show altogether. Not the best start for this attraction. I guess those nostalgic for the "flippity flop" can always come back to USF!

Reactions: Alicia
A.D. Miles aka Gary has exited The Tonight Show as head writer to pursue other opportunities. The transition will occur over the next 8 weeks. https://t.co/WKdg7QJsJM

Which means the idea of a talk show-based ride is already starting to become dated as Miles will presumably lessen if not fully stop his appearances on the show altogether. Not the best start for this attraction. I guess those nostalgic for the "flippity flop" can always come back to USF!
Best of luck to him in his narrative aspirations. Since I've never actually seen The Tonight Show, that character has only ever existed to me on the ride, so it doesn't really affect me. I do like him in the pre-show.

I wonder if this is due to the ratings drop or truly him just leaving

You're grasping at straws here.

Best of luck to him in his narrative aspirations. Since I've never actually seen The Tonight Show, that character has only ever existed to me on the ride, so it doesn't really affect me. I do like him in the pre-show.
I remember Jimmy from his SNL days, so the Tonight Show could be a huge flop and I would still like him haha

You're grasping at straws here.

All I'm saying is that this is further proof that it doesn't take much for something so evolving as a talk show.

A.D. Miles' humor is also a big part of The Tonight Show, so we have no idea what may happen as Fallon seems determined to try and beat Colbert at his game.

All I'm saying is that this is further proof that it doesn't take much for something so evolving as a talk show.

A.D. Miles' humor is also a big part of The Tonight Show, so we have no idea what may happen as Fallon seems determined to try and beat Colbert at his game.
It's also very easy to replace the film down the line though. The important part is there is a queue and a ride system in place where there wasn't before.

That's true, absolutely.

But at the same time, the ride is just about to open. Obviously they're going to want to have it for awhile to earn that ROI. It's going to be interesting how long they'll want to sit on it.

Unless you think this one writer leaving is going to be the downfall of Jimmy Fallon and the show completely, I'd say this has zero effect of the ride.

Reactions: universal_fanatic
Unless you think this one writer leaving is going to be the downfall of Jimmy Fallon and the show completely, I'd say this has zero effect of the ride.

...that's not what I'm saying. At all.

A.D. Miles is the head writer of both Late Night and The Tonight Show, essentially Jimmy's partner. A large part of that show's identity comes from him. In addition, he's featured on the ride. With that presence disappearing, change may or may not be afoot. My point is that a large part of the criticism about basing a ride on a talk show is the fact that it can become quickly dated, and this is a (probable) example of why. I'm not saying, "well now they HAVE to change the ride!" It's just something to point to in relation to the criticisms.

A new head writer could be a good thing. Especially if the show is trying to find a new identity as it is competing with higher rated shows. I'm curious to see how this plays out.

This is a random question. Does anyone know who the vendor provider of the kiosks are that they are using for the Virtual Line Passes, I cant imagine Universal design it themselves?

I work for a company that designs kiosks somewhat similar and this could be the potential of a huge niche market that opens up