Springfield | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I feel odd about it, I don't want USH to do some DisneyLand theme land deal. I think it's cool to go to Krusty Burger and Moe's Tavern, but between this Wizarding World of Harry Potter being built and the T2 area being some Despicable Me area, i just don't want to see USH become this Orlando wannabe. I want people to remember its a movie studio first. Unlike Orlando.....

Reactions: steve
I feel odd about it, I don't want USH to do some DisneyLand theme land deal. I think it's cool to go to Krusty Burger and Moe's Tavern, but between this Wizarding World of Harry Potter being built and the T2 area being some Despicable Me area, i just don't want to see USH become this Orlando wannabe. I want people to remember its a movie studio first. Unlike Orlando.....
I understand, but USH is a theme park as well, and theme is important. Right now, the park is a mish-mash of any and everything. It's a shame it took this long to get some unifying themes going on in the park.

The studio aspect won't be harmed by the new themed lands. Filming will continue as usual, as well as the studio tours.

But the whole upper lot right now is practically cartoon land, with Simpsons, despicable me, and shrek. I know that the studio soundstage look is bland after a while, but I also did like that they kept the "we are a movie studio also" look to it as well. And I am not worried about the movie studio itself, it's that I don't like the ideas that they are changing the theme park to look like Orlando. Nobody goes to US Orlando because of the movies. That is what I like about USH, that it's not just a theme park or just a movie studio.

But the whole upper lot right now is practically cartoon land, with Simpsons, despicable me, and shrek. I know that the studio soundstage look is bland after a while, but I also did like that they kept the "we are a movie studio also" look to it as well. And I am not worried about the movie studio itself, it's that I don't like the ideas that they are changing the theme park to look like Orlando. Nobody goes to US Orlando because of the movies. That is what I like about USH, that it's not just a theme park or just a movie studio.
Hollywood and Orlando have had the same attractions for a long time. It's nothing new.

What do you mean when you say "people don't visit Orlando for the movies?" What movies are you referring to?

Just stay in the lower lot then? Or go to the Studio Tour?    

I mean that for example, I like going to USH not just because of the theme park, I like it because I get to see where movies like Back to the future,Jurassic Park and other awesome movies were and are being made. US Orlando is not the same because of that. And that's what I like about it. Orlando is a theme park resort and Hollywood is theme park and a movie studio. Honestly I think it would be cool if they made this fast and furious 360 thing into an actual ride instead of part of the tour. You hear so often people who have been to both Disneyland and Disney world say thing like," this ride was better at disney world than at disneyland". Instead of having that at universal, they should come up with something original.

Make USH different experience with different things to do.

I mean that for example, I like going to USH not just because of the theme park, I like it because I get to see where movies like Back to the future,Jurassic Park and other awesome movies were and are being made. US Orlando is not the same because of that. And that's what I like about it. Orlando is a theme park resort and Hollywood is theme park and a movie studio. Honestly I think it would be cool if they made this fast and furious 360 thing into an actual ride instead of part of the tour. You hear so often people who have been to both Disneyland and Disney world say thing like," this ride was better at disney world than at disneyland". Instead of having that at universal, they should come up with something original.

Make USH different experience with different things to do.
I don't understand, this new F&tF attraction IS unique. It's not in Orlando, or anywhere else for that matter.

I'm sorry, I'm not making sense. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that I keep hearing about the new stuff that they are putting in USH and as much as I like the stuff I hear about that they are doing. Maybe I'm just not a fan of USH becoming as crowded as it's going to be when all the new attractions are put in. A lot of the stuff that is there I still enjoy a lot like Waterworld and I hear it could be replaced and that just confuses me because it's still really popular.

I don't understand, this new F&tF attraction IS unique. It's not in Orlando, or anywhere else for that matter.
I agree. This is a new and Unique attraction for the park. FFB will be unique with some new restraunts besides the already done ones in orlando. We're getting a redone Luigis and a new ice cream parlor that wasn't in orlando. We got SSFL. The park has to change to keep up with regular ordernary crowds to keep up to Disney Attendence which I think thats why potter will shine. Thats why they have to add these themed lands as people nowadays are more smart and they think things. Why they're doing the themed lands is potter and why they

removed Docs, and cantina is due to the bottlenecks which i think it will be really improved once FFB opens up.

The new Springfield stuff looks awesome. I used to have a pass but I haven't had one in a year, because universal looks like what DCA did for two years. Just hope they build it fast like they did with transformers.

I loved being able to go to USH in the middle of the week and walk on everything all day. I could walk on Simpsons and ride it three times in 20 minutes. I did Jurrasic park 5 times in a day once.

Even transformers had short enough lines to do it a few times as well. It took less time to ride it a couple times than to go down the star-way.

The new Springfield stuff looks awesome. I used to have a pass but I haven't had one in a year, because universal looks like what DCA did for two years. Just hope they build it fast like they did with transformers.

I loved being able to go to USH in the middle of the week and walk on everything all day. I could walk on Simpsons and ride it three times in 20 minutes. I did Jurrasic park 5 times in a day once.

Even transformers had short enough lines to do it a few times as well. It took less time to ride it a couple times than to go down the star-way.
You can still do that now before and after the Summer. :)

This needs to happen.

I remember days in the last couple years where a paltry 3,000 people would inhabit the park. Every single ride would be a walk-on the entire day through, and there's only five rides!

That's kind of bad for a theme park, especially one that goes head-to-head with Disney. This is just a change that needs to happen.

The Star Wars attractions are practically blue sky by now, not even announced yet, we're talking years and years away. 

USH is already doing physical construction on Potter, which attracted massive crowds in Orlando and will do the same for this park in 2016. It's already a proven success.

There could not be a better possible idea.

Reactions: Jonathan
It doesn't look like there's strong competition between Universal and Disney here in California. Disney even encourages people to visit USH on Disneyland's website. Orlando, on the other hand... 

Reactions: Mattpscott21