Springfield | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
oooo! More new signs! I love seeing new stuff at the park all the time! It's an exciting time! I'm thinking of heading to the park today, I'm going FOR SURE tomorrow. Anyone gonna be there?

Darn beat me to it Jon. But here is some more pics of it. Very exciting, hopefully opening soon. 

simp_carnival1.jpg

simp_carnival2.jpg

simp_carnival3.jpg

simp_carnival4.jpg

simp_carnival5.jpg

simp_carnival6.jpg

simp_carnival7.jpg

simp_carnival8.jpg

Reactions: JaySalahi
A few little updates from the park today for y'allllllllllllllllllllll

Workers at Super Silly Fun Land
IMG_10081_zps47d1aadf.jpg

BEHIND THE WALLS! Help Santas Little Helper!
IMG_10011_zps1f87d434.jpg

Wild and Willy!

IMG_09971_zps267b5ae3.jpg

Eye Carumba!

IMG_09941_zpsb3685436.jpg

And then just a little side note. They have moved Donkey over towards New York Street. In place of Donkeys old spot? DRUMROLL PLEASE! ...........................................................STROLLER PARKING! WOOOOO! 

I also want to point out the tap dancing construction workers behind Donkey. I dunno if they have been around for awhile, but they're new to me!

IMG_09921_zps6ff0b5e4.jpg
IMG_09931_zps8e8da6ee.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Two stories for two purposes me thinks.

1.Replace the seating for the previous Umbrellaland

2.Blocking sightlines of something......

Reactions: Chris
Dear god Shrek looks worse and worse.
Based on the Universal Plaza rendering, it should be getting a refurb when they'll probably sort out this mess and fix the aesthetic of the entrance/queue right before Potter opens (They have to install "Palm Tree Walk" sometime).

Based on the Universal Plaza rendering, it should be getting a refurb when they'll probably sort out this mess and fix the aesthetic of the entrance/queue right before Potter opens (They have to install "Palm Tree Walk" sometime).
Oh no doubt that will happen, but don't expect anything as... well, refined.

So it looks pretty much set that FFB will open next year. It hasn't moved at all, and even if they start fast tracking it now, I agree that it looks more like a 2015 addition. This summer is gonna be a nightmare though....

Regarding this talk about having FFB being two stories, that will be great for capacity. I just won't appreciate having a two-story Moe's or Krusty Burger though as it's not accurate to the show. I hope it's just the seating area that will be two floors.

No seating on first floor.  All seating on second floor.  Again, this is Hollywood and we have space limitations.  I think this is a great idea.  It almost matches my idea of having a restaurant on top of the castle theater with a window view of the valley.  I thought a great place to have a dining venue would have been overlooking the Universal City sign which faces the valley.  But I guess Springfield will have to do.  I look forward to the photo ops from a second level.

Reactions: BruceTheShark
Does anybody remember how long the carnival games opened in Orlando in comparison to when their FFB opened?

Because unless the Three Broomsticks rumor is indeed correct (and it's extremely likely), this would have construction crews jumping the fences immediately. Phase 1, right now, is pretty much near complete.

9 months. Carnival games opened in time for HHN 2012 while FFB opened in May/June of 2013. However, that was a retheme while ours is being built from the ground up. So I'm guessing Summer 2015 in time for the new animation and some of the Wizarding World  (structural-wise).

Reactions: Ryan
I'm going to be a little more optimistic and say it'll be opened up about a year from right now in time for spring break crowds, only if the foundation is poured in the next month or two. I think the carnival games being finished might signal the start of the food court's construction. 

It's sad to see that this has been pushed back, as the last I heard of this it was supposed to be opened sometime in 2014 at the latest.