Springfield | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm being really optimistic about it. I heard that they had such difficulties with that one specific facade considering the Neon sign was so huge that we may have to way till March to officially answer whether or not we're getting that facade or not, or something entirely different. Here's to hoping. 

At this point, if we're thinking realistically, it probably won't be Barney's Bowlarama. The building itself is unrecognizable, no supports for the infamous sign are up yet, and this food court is supposed to soft open in less than a month. At this point, I really don't know.

It'll be interesting to see all of the changes they made from the concept art. For the most part everything is identical, with the exception of things like the Krustylu Studios conversion, the color of Lard Lad Donuts, etc.

Reactions: 12th Man
He is much smaller than Orlandos version but I guess since he is on the building he looks farther away and he can't be taller than the buildings because then he would look way to tall :) Also is the whole street blocked off now and have guests have to be routed through the ses queue?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 12th Man
Is this confirmed? It does look like thats what were getting. Was hoping for the Barney's facade but something is better than nothing. That large neon sign would've been great at night.

bs8cAbO.jpg
0LI6FZN.jpg
K58uC9s.jpg

Ah, great to see something was done about it. Shame about Barney's. Springfield looks really close to opening as well!

Wow :) that's pretty cool. I am pretty happy that they didn't just leave the building plain and yellow. Also I hope they add more detail to those doors or do something to them because they are very ugly and don't fit in with the facade. I also wished that universal didn't have that pink paint in between the new record store where Barneys was going to be and the police station.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
Wow, not a bad replacement! Hopefully the sign is at an angle to cover up the good court buildings behind them. Not to shabby USH...

Damn no Barney's... I wonder what this means for the phase 2 part of Springfield in regards that they might do changes or anything. Barney would have looked amazing ..oh well

Barney's was never confirmed in any sort of press release and it wasn't going to be an accessible location in the first place, so I think this may be the largest change we see from the concept art. Bumblebee Man's Taco Truck was simply not mentioned (though evidently included), and the Duff Brewery and the Ice Cream Parlor were specifically listed in the announcements.

Reactions: Aaron