Springfield | Page 68 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm not usually the complaining type (in a public forum) but Stu's Disco is rather disappointing to me.  Why isn't the mortar a different color than the brick?  Also, it's been less than a month and these doors are very banged up.  Universal knew large trash bins would be rolling through here going to and from the new trash compactor.  Those stainless steel kick plates at the bottom are something of a joke at this point. There just has to be a better way to do this.  Motorized doors that open wide without getting impacted?  Better paint and more frequent cleaning and touch-ups?  How about painting the doors the same dark color as the trim.  This is the only portion of Springfield that I'd call lame.

Springfield_041015_1.jpg

I'd have to disagree. the sign says that Disco Stu's is closed till disco comes back. so in a sense all that wear and tear is adding to the idea that this is supposed to be an abandoned dance/bar club.

I don't remember seeing the taco but I didn't really check for it. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like there is so much more to be done w Springfield that hasn't been finished yet, and I feel like universal is just tired and is lagging on the finishing touches... I'm ready for the crashed car and chief wiggum I'm also tired of starring at metal poles sticking out of the penetentiary.... Add bob already.. Also the statue needs to go up.. Don't slow down universal!! You were almost finished!

Reactions: 12th Man
^ I say let them take their break, they deserve it. They worked so hard to get it open on the weekend of the 28th. Besides that, theres only a few things left to improve on or actually add. It'll come together before the grand opening later this month/ early May. 

Reactions: William
I understand where Yall are coming from but personally, I wouldn't open an immersive land until it was 100% finished.. I wouldn't want guests having an incomplete experience... It's like wwohp opening to the public with half of the rock work still unpainted.. Idk that's just my opinion.. I personally will not attend Springfield until it is 100% ready

Keep in mind that Springfield is technically still in its soft opening phase. USH's many adverts and map updates may suggest otherwise, but we still haven't gotten this rumored grand opening event (how "grand" that event may be is unknown). It was crucial that they got these restaurants up and running for Spring Break guests. Can you imagine what the traffic in the Upper Lot would be like if Spring Break guests were still forced to squeeze through the SES queue to get to the rest of the park, all because they just needed to add a streetlight and a few statues? 

Minion Mayhem began softs about a month before SSFL was even complete. Sort of a different beast altogether, but it's the same general idea.

Reactions: chris.g
Ohhhh mannnn just heard that Phineas has swirl ice cream. That is without a doubt the most delicious type of ice cream ever made, and also notoriously hard to find. (they used to have it at DCA, but the machines broke)

Guess that also confirms Butterbeer ice cream (which is also swirl) is coming...

Upper lot as of next year will be most crowded .

Potter,Despicable Me,Simpsons,Studio tour featuring F&F & king kong,Super silly funland,springfield,& future replacement for HOH

While lower lot will have a crowd it won't be as crowded.

Just had the Clogger Burger and Buzz Cola this past weekend! Buzz was so-so (think diet cherry coke), but the Clogger burger was the best burger I've ever had in a theme park!

Upper lot as of next year will be most crowded .
Potter,Despicable Me,Simpsons,Studio tour featuring F&F & king kong,Super silly funland,springfield,& future replacement for HOH
While lower lot will have a crowd it won't be as crowded.
Do we have any idea what is replacing HoH?

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone been to Universal recently and seen side show bob on the prison. Are the hooks that are going to hold him even there??